Do you agree with this 25-man roster projection? What changes would you make?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Do you agree with this 25-man roster projection? What changes would you make?

Where's Breslow?

On the DL or phanton DL, I suppose.

Where's Morales?

He's out of options, so are you trading him or cutting him or what?

My guess is that Tazawa begins in AAA although he may be one of our top 6 pitchers on opening day. Others with options include, Bailey, Bard (he'll be in AAA or rehab), and Aceves.

Personally, I think we need to make a 2 or 3 for one deal to free up space, or trade a 40 man roster guy for a nice prospect not forced to be on the 40-man, but Breslow and Morales (if healthy) should and will be on the 25 man roster. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Do you agree with this 25-man roster projection? What changes would you make?

In response to softlaw2's comment:

No, and all on this Board should know my 25 and 40 man 2013 Red Sox roster.

except it will likely be filled with garbage players who aren't even on their roster..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

When do u expect Ortiz to be back? I wouldn't count on him too much this season unless he gets a designated runner once he hits the ball.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think that you have the pitching staff right, due to Breslow probably bing DLed and Morales late start but eventually both are on the roster and I think Aceves will end up elsewhere. Personally I would rather keep Nava than Sweeney, because of his bat and being a switchhitter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I think that you have the pitching staff right, due to Breslow probably bing DLed and Morales late start but eventually both are on the roster and I think Aceves will end up elsewhere. Personally I would rather keep Nava than Sweeney, because of his bat and being a switchhitter.

He's a switch hitter in name only. He stinks vs LHPs, but then again, so does Sweeney. The difference is that Sweeney can play D very well in all 3 OF positions. It's close. I like nava's OBP vs RHPs, and he should play mostly LF, so I'd go with Nava. (SV can play CF in an emergency.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Eventhough he has options, I think it would be the wrong move to start Tazawa in AAA. Bard should start there, Breslow on the DL and Im not sure whats going on with Morales if anyone can fill me in.

Aceves and Mort are trade candidates IMO, but are still in our pen.

Uehera is a solid RHP who has good splits vs LH and RHH

Miller is your Loogy, and probably one of the best since he figured it out last year.

Hanrahan, Bailey and Taz at the backend

So the way I see it, we have the 7 guys with Bard in AAA, Breslow on DL, and Morales a ?

Did I miss anything?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

This is from the writers from projo.

why did'nt you mention that?

Indeed, it is:

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/2013/03/four-weeks-out-a-25-man-roster-projection.html

The projection presumes that David Ortiz will open the season on the disabled list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

He's a switch hitter in name only. He stinks vs LHPs, but then again, so does Sweeney. The difference is that Sweeney can play D very well in all 3 OF positions. It's close. I like nava's OBP vs RHPs, and he should play mostly LF, so I'd go with Nava. (SV can play CF in an emergency.)

I agree it is close now, but I like the way Nava plays the game and he is a guy who seems to improve on every level he plays....with Sweeney you know what you are going to get, with Nava, I think he could improve on his numbers from last year and as you note, they were already pretty good vs RHP.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

More spam from the king of spam.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/03/04/david-ortiz-after-running-i-was-moving-pretty-good/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I agree it is close now, but I like the way Nava plays the game and he is a guy who seems to improve on every level he plays....with Sweeney you know what you are going to get, with Nava, I think he could improve on his numbers from last year and as you note, they were already pretty good vs RHP.

How can anyone not love the Nava story? I'd love to see him get a shot to improve. He seems to start out well then fade. His OBP vs RHPs is very good. He was 2nd best on the team last year at .383.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

No, and all on this Board should know my 25 and 40 man 2013 Red Sox roster.

You should know that nobody, save Billy-69, cares!

:)  Still love ya Stiffy!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

Hi RSDD, yes we all know that you hate Lackey but sincerely hope that he does well this coming season. RSN agrees with you. Thanks for your opinion, it is hardly unique however but thanks anyway for the sincere input. Have a nice day.

Now that you bring it up, how badly does RSN think Lackey will blow this season? 

LOL! 

oh....  My disclaimer......  I really do hope he proves me wrong.  (I sure hope Pike doesn't report me to the anti-soxination league!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Sox fan here wants Lackey to do poorly, but one can hardly blame anyone for having serious reservations about being too optimistic.