DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

I SURE DO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

In Response to DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?:
    I SURE DO.
    Posted by soxyjim

I might, if I had some clue as to what you were talking about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Do they think the Sox can come back and make the postseason?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I agree with Thomas and the Cathy family, 100%.
    Again, the politically correct crowd, trying to be speech Nazis.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tim Thomas is a grand-standing idiot. He has been so wronged in his life? The United States has offered him a chance to play a great game, win a Cup, 2 Vezinas, a Conn Smythe, and the money that goes with fame/wins. Now he's the new Curt Schilling of sports. He's gone all political and he's gone all militia/bunker on Boston sports fans. I don't take him seriously, and he is basically an Ex-Bruin. I appreciate all he did as a B's goalie and I consider him quite possibly the greatest B's goalie in the team's history, but as a teammate he's no Gerry Cheevers, he's no Frank Brimsek, he's no Tiny Thompson, no Pete Peeters, and certainly not even Brian Dafoe. He is a selfish, egotistical man with an agenda. Good luck to him. Next time, announce your retirement and do it by press conference instead of Facebook.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if CAF will comply with mass gay marriage laws (and i have read nothing that says they wont/cant) then they should be allowed to have a franchise...although ive eaten there and kfc is still way better imo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Yeah, I'm Ok with pretty much anything Tim says.

He's a pretty deep thinker -- nice to have his wisdom to add to my quality of life.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?:
    if CAF will comply with mass gay marriage laws He doesn't have anything to do with same-sex marriage laws. It is a state matter, and he has the legal right to close on Sundays and choose who he associates with on private property. Folks, go eat at Chic Filet. Then go eat at a McDonalds. Compare the service, manners of those who serve you, and the quality of the food.  If it were about quality, McDonalds would pad locked. 
    Posted by TrotterNixon

how do you know?  would he not hire married gays or deny them benefits...this is the only way he can be barred from opening a store...and theres nothing ive heard that says he would...but that is the law and CAF needs to comply and not discriminate...sorry if you dont like the law but it is the LAW

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"If it were about quality, McDonalds would pad locked. "

good one Dude.

and maybe pad lock a few in the rs fo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Cathy and Thomas have a right to their opinion, they are breaking no laws.  Cathy serves those with same sex attraction disorder and also employs them.  

Since when is it a crime to follow your religious beliefs?  Why do people hate Christians so much?  Why is it ok for those with same sex attraction disorder or those who agree with them to voice their opinion but those who don't agree with them are vilified?

Christianity teaches that we are to love all God's children, we don't have to like them but we do have to love them and pray that they go to heaven.

We don't have to agree with everything they do but we are not allowed to mistreat them or harm them.

Cathy has every right to voice his opinion and follow his religion.  Since when is it a crime to believe that marriage is meant to be between one man and one woman?  How is that hateful, how is that evil?

We live in a crazy world.  Mayors of certain cities have threatened to keep Chick- Fil-A out of their cities.  Why?  Because the man is breaking the law?  Maybe he is threatening others?  Perhaps he won't allow gays in his restaurant or worse yet he won't hire them?

None of the above is true.  The man is simply stating his religious beliefs while not hurting anyone.

This is a dangerous road we are going down as a nation.  Freedom of religion is one of the most important freedoms we have.  If we lose that we will all suffer the consequences in the end.

" The outspoken MVP of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals has inserted himself into the contentious debate surrounding Chick-fil-A's public stance against gay marriage.

From Thomas' Facebook page:

I stand with Chick-fil-A.

Chick-fil-A is privately owned by the Cathy family. The company president, Dan Cathy, drew the wrath of gay rights advocates and supporters when he made recent statements that some have alleged are anti-gay.

Cathy told Baptist Press that the company was unapologetically in favor of traditional marriage.

“Guilty as charged,” he said. “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

In a separate interview on the Ken Coleman Show — Cathy suggested that the nation could face God’s wrath over the redefinition of marriage.

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

If I'm hungry and they put out a better product than the other chains then I will eat there. The larger chains need the competition anyway and competition is good for the consumer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

August 1st is support Chick-Fil-A day.  I plan on going to my local Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Cathy and Thomas have a right to their opinion, they are breaking no laws.  Cathy serves those with same sex attraction disorder and also employs them.   Since when is it a crime to follow your religious beliefs?  Why do people hate Christians so much?  Why is it ok for those with same sex attraction disorder or those who agree with them to voice their opinion but those who don't agree with them are vilified? Christianity teaches that we are to love all God's children, we don't have to like them but we do have to love them and pray that they go to heaven. We don't have to agree with everything they do but we are not allowed to mistreat them or harm them. Cathy has every right to voice his opinion and follow his religion.  Since when is it a crime to believe that marriage is meant to be between one man and one woman?  How is that hateful, how is that evil? We live in a crazy world.  Mayors of certain cities have threatened to keep Chick- Fil-A out of their cities.  Why?  Because the man is breaking the law?  Maybe he is threatening others?  Perhaps he won't allow gays in his restaurant or worse yet he won't hire them? None of the above is true.  The man is simply stating his religious beliefs while not hurting anyone. This is a dangerous road we are going down as a nation.  Freedom of religion is one of the most important freedoms we have.  If we lose that we will all suffer the consequences in the end. " The outspoken MVP of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals has inserted himself into the contentious debate surrounding Chick-fil-A's public stance against gay marriage . From Thomas' Facebook page: I stand with Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A is privately owned by the Cathy family. The company president, Dan Cathy, drew the wrath of gay rights advocates and supporters when he made recent statements that some have alleged are anti-gay. Cathy told Baptist Press that the company was unapologetically in favor of traditional marriage. “Guilty as charged,” he said. “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.” In a separate interview on the Ken Coleman Show — Cathy suggested that the nation could face God’s wrath over the redefinition of marriage. “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.”
    Posted by 67redsox

There are also some that recognize religious belief disorder.

To each his own opinion, I guess.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : There are also some that recognize   religious belief disorder. To each his own opinion, I guess.
    Posted by nhsteven

If only that were true.  If it were we would have all sorts of anti-hate laws to protect us.  Mayors in Boston, Chicago and other cities would never even think about threatening Chick-Fil-A because it would be against the law.  Wait a minute, it is against the law and they did it any way.

If we had the same protections that those with same sex attraction disorder have there would be a massive public outcry against those mayors who broke the law. Alas, we don't have the same anti-hate laws protecting us so everyone feels they have the right to hate us.

If only.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : If only that were true.  If it were we would have all sorts of anti-hate laws to protect us.  Mayors in Boston, Chicago and other cities would never even think about threatening Chick-Fil-A because it would be against the law.  Wait a minute, it is against the law and they did it any way. If we had the same protections that those with same sex attraction disorder had there would be a massive public outcry against those mayors who broke the law. Alas, we don't have the same anti-hate laws protecting us so everyone feels they have the right to hate us. If only.....
    Posted by 67redsox

ummm..you do, its called the First Amendment - but dont let that spoil your pity party

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I hate chains. I cheered when they kicked BK off 9th and Irving.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : ummm..you do, its called the First Amendment - but dont let that spoil your pity party
    Posted by georom4

You have just proven my point.  The First Amendment should protect Cathy, however we have mayors and others threatening his right to open stores because of his religious beliefs.

Do you read the paper, did you know this was going on? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'll have to say that this is the first time I've heard of being gay called "Same Sex Attraction Disorder".   

I'm sure that will catch on quickly with the intolerant right and will quickly become a part of our vocabulary.  Ya gotta admit, those right wingers and BAC's are good at spinning things their way.  :-(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : If only that were true.  If it were we would have all sorts of anti-hate laws to protect us.  Mayors in Boston, Chicago and other cities would never even think about threatening Chick-Fil-A because it would be against the law.  Wait a minute, it is against the law and they did it any way. If we had the same protections that those with same sex attraction disorder have there would be a massive public outcry against those mayors who broke the law. Alas, we don't have the same anti-hate laws protecting us so everyone feels they have the right to hate us. If only.....
    Posted by 67redsox

Are you sure he's not breaking the EEO law?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'll have to say that this is the first time I've heard of being gay called "Same Sex Attraction Disorder ".    I'm sure that will catch on quickly with the intolerant right and will quickly become a part of our vocabulary.  Ya gotta admit, those right wingers and BAC's are good at spinning things their way.  :-(
    Posted by S5

Check my followup

Sections
Shortcuts