DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

xxx

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : You are imposing your beliefs on me, that makes you intolerant of my beliefs.
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]

Absolutely false.  As I stated, you can believe what you want and I can believe what I want about your beliefs.  Intolerance doesn't enter the discussion until we begin talking about denying equal rights to all people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]i think it is a very wise idea to base my entire existence on a book that was written thousands of years ago....even though most of those stories in the Old Testament were variations of Sumerian legends that existed beforehand...like the garden of Eden and the Flood....yes - those Biblical stories were ripped off legends on ancient babylon... Keep on believing!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Actually, the flood was real, though some of the facts might have been exagerrated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : He does have a fair point about a lot of the old testament originating in Sumeria and Babylon though. I don't think that denigrates what is there so much as it points to the universality of values like charity and love.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

It's really completely separate books, with almost nothing in common.  The Old Testament is the oral traditions of the Hebrew faith that was ultimately put to paper.  I have no idea why this was commingled with the teachings of Jesus.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I guess what I will never understand is why anyone (not just Christians, although lately they are the most popular offenders)  needs to have their deeeply held religious beliefs also ratified as laws.  I mean, if you have this devout belief in a Supreme Being, and He tells you not to marry another man, or not to have an abortion, or whatever, shouldn't that be enough to prevent you from doing these things?  I'd think God saying no should be enough, and there is no need to also have the same restriction enforced by ethically-questionable mortal.   Clearly, if God says "No adultery!!," then a devout Christian has enough of a reason to never commit adultery.   So why on Earth do they then decide to foist these beliefs off on everyone through the guise of a legal system?  And I say this knowing full well adultery is actually illegal in the state of Massachusetts...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Some of it is fighting for the rights of others.  The best cases would be like outlawing slavery by codifying it.  Not working on Sundays.  Things like that.