DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?:
    I'll have to say that this is the first time I've heard of being gay called "Same Sex Attraction Disorder ".    I'm sure that will catch on quickly with the intolerant right and will quickly become a part of our vocabulary.  Ya gotta admit, those right wingers and BAC's are good at spinning things their way.  :-(
    Posted by S5
    Hey Bangor, how's your harvest look this year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? :   You have just proven my point.  The First Amendment should protect Cathy, however we have mayors and others threatening his right to open stores because of his religious beliefs. Do you read the paper, did you know this was going on? 
    Posted by 67redsox

What? Menino and Emanuel don't have the right to have an opinion also? Or is your philosphy that everyone has the right to an opinion however wrong it may be?

Some of us have the opinion that Cathy (and you) are flaming az_holes. But that's just my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PapiFan. Show PapiFan's posts

I frankly don't care what the opinion of Thomas or the Cathy family is either way.  If the food is good, I would eat there.  If it is not I won't.  I am not into trying to force my own points of view on everybody I ever do business with or are a customer of.

If I did, I would not do any business with anybody, and would never buy anything from anybody.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I'll have to say that this is the first time I've heard of being gay called "Same Sex Attraction Disorder ".    I'm sure that will catch on quickly with the intolerant right and will quickly become a part of our vocabulary.  Ya gotta admit, those right wingers and BAC's are good at spinning things their way.  :-(
    Posted by S5

Before the PC police came along homosexuality was a medical psychological disorder, same sex attraction disorder.  Without any medical studies the PC policy decided homosexuality was no longer a disorder.

The term 'same sex attraction disorder' is not new, it's a real medical term, no spin here.  Perhaps you should do some research before you open your mouth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Before the PC police came along homosexuality was a medical psychological disorder, same sex attraction disorder.  Without any medical studies the PC policy decided homosexuality was no longer a disorder. The term 'same sex attraction disorder' is not new, it's a real medical term, no spin here.  Perhaps you should do some research before you open your mouth.
    Posted by 67redsox

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : What? Menino and Emanuel don't have the right to have an opinion also? Or is your philosphy that everyone has the right to an opinion however wrong it may be? Some of us have the opinion that Cathy (and you) are flaming az_holes. But that's just my opinion.
    Posted by sml1210

Having an opinion and breaking the law are two different things.  Cathy expressed and opinion while not breaking the law.  What Menino and Emanuel said they were going to do is illegal and have since backed down.

I don't swear at people and will not tolerate those who swear at me so I am hitting the ignore button.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Before the PC police came along homosexuality was a medical psychological disorder, same sex attraction disorder.  Without any medical studies the PC policy decided homosexuality was no longer a disorder. The term 'same sex attraction disorder' is not new, it's a real medical term, no spin here.  Perhaps you should do some research before you open your mouth.
    Posted by 67redsox

This is so incorrect, I don't even know where to start. Ever hear of the studies by Kinsey & McCrary, just to name two? And that's going back to the 50s.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Posted by 67redsox

same sex people can be attracted to each other..it happens everyday, millions of times over...on the other hand, believing that an omnipotent being has control over 6 billion people and lives in the sky and will punish you for sex is delusional...that is textbook disorder...chritianity disorder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : same sex people can be attracted to each other..it happens everyday, millions of times over...on the other hand, believing that an omnipotent being has control over 6 billion people and lives in the sky and will punish you for sex is delusional...that is textbook disorder...chritianity disorder
    Posted by georom4

+1; See my earlier post  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinFan1982. Show BostonBruinFan1982's posts

Massachusetts people certainly are way too sensative regarding politics

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

People who are scared of gay people are funny.  I generally assume they themselves are gay and feel the need to be vocally anti gay as a means of over compensation.  See Ted Haggard.

Tim Thomas and Chick fil A have two things in common.  They both oppose = rights and they both suck.

Give me Tukka Rask and real food.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

People who are scared of gay people are funny.  I generally assume they themselves are gay and feel the need to be vocally anti gay as a means of over compensation.  See Ted Haggard. Tim Thomas and Chick fil A have two things in common.  They both oppose = rights and they both suck. Give me Tukka Rask and real food.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards
    +1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

People who are scared of gay people are funny.  I generally assume they themselves are gay and feel the need to be vocally anti gay as a means of over compensation.  See Ted Haggard. Tim Thomas and Chick fil A have two things in common.  They both oppose = rights and they both suck. Give me Tukka Rask and real food.

Why is ok to be anti-christian?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : This is so incorrect, I don't even know where to start. Ever hear of the studies by Kinsey & McCrary, just to name two? And that's going back to the 50s.
    Posted by nhsteven

You can't expect me to take you seriously if you point to people like Kinsey.  His data is flawed.  As I have already stated, same sex attraction disorder was considered a medical physiological disorder and taken off the books by the PC police.  No studies were done to prove otherwise.  Kinsey can't be taken seriously. He couldn't get the average american to talk to him so he got his data from perverts and prostitutes.

"Academic criticisms were made pertaining to sample selection and sample bias in the reports' methodology. Two main problems cited were that significant portions of the samples come from prison populations and male prostitutes, and that people who volunteer to be interviewed about taboo subject are likely to suffer from the problem of self-selection. Both undermine the usefulness of the sample in terms of determining the tendencies of the overall population. In 1948, the same year as the original publication, a committee of the American Statistical Association, including notable statisticians such as John Tukey, condemned the sampling procedure. Tukey was perhaps the most vocal critic, saying, "A random selection of three people would have been better than a group of 300 chosen by Mr. Kinsey."[13][14] Criticism principally revolved around the over-representation of some groups in the sample: 25% were, or had been, prison inmates, and 5% were male prostitutes.[citation needed] Psychologist Abraham Maslow asserted that Kinsey did not consider "volunteer bias". The data represented only those volunteering to participate in discussion of taboo topics. Most Americans were reluctant to discuss the intimate details of their sex lives even with their spouses and close friends. Before the publication of Kinsey's reports, Maslow tested Kinsey's volunteers for bias. He concluded that Kinsey's sample was unrepresentative of the general population.[15]"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?:
    I SURE DO.
    Posted by soxyjim

Ask me again the day after the trading deadline expires.  Right now, unfortunately I do admit disagreeing with them.  Way too many weak links to go on that kind of run.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

This fried chicken is basically located down South right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Are you sure he's not breaking the EEO law?  
    Posted by nhsteven

He is not

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

This fried chicken is basically located down South right.
    Posted by Clamshack

No

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

So it follows that people who are scared of christians are christains?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : You can't expect me to take you seriously if you point to people like Kinsey.  His data is flawed.  As I have already stated, same sex attraction disorder was considered a medical physiological disorder and taken off the books by the PC police.  No studies were done to prove otherwise.  Kinsey can't be taken seriously. He couldn't get the average american to talk to him so he got his data from perverts and prostitutes. "Academic criticisms were made pertaining to sample selection and sample bias in the reports' methodology . Two main problems cited were that significant portions of the samples come from prison populations and male prostitutes, and that people who volunteer to be interviewed about taboo subject are likely to suffer from the problem of self-selection . Both undermine the usefulness of the sample in terms of determining the tendencies of the overall population. In 1948, the same year as the original publication, a committee of the American Statistical Association , including notable statisticians such as John Tukey , condemned the sampling procedure. Tukey was perhaps the most vocal critic, saying, "A random selection of three people would have been better than a group of 300 chosen by Mr. Kinsey." [ 13 ] [ 14 ] Criticism principally revolved around the over-representation of some groups in the sample: 25% were, or had been, prison inmates, and 5% were male prostitutes . [ citation needed ] Psychologist Abraham Maslow asserted that Kinsey did not consider " volunteer bias ". The data represented only those volunteering to participate in discussion of taboo topics. Most Americans were reluctant to discuss the intimate details of their sex lives even with their spouses and close friends. Before the publication of Kinsey's reports, Maslow tested Kinsey's volunteers for bias. He concluded that Kinsey's sample was unrepresentative of the general population. [ 15 ] "
    Posted by 67redsox

That was just an example of how far back these studies went, that being among the 1st, which you then postured on, with a not entirely objective public reaction based on its inherent flaws, understandable since it was a pioneering effort. If you want me to cite more, I shall, such as McCary's (already mentioned) "Seven Categories of Sezuality". Try to keep up

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : That was just an example of how far back these studies went, that being among the 1st, which you then postured on, with a not entirely objective public reaction based on its inherent flaws, understandable since it was a pioneering effort. If you want me to cite more, I shall, such as McCary's (already mentioned) "Seven Categories of Sezuality". Try to keep up
    Posted by nhsteven

It smacks of desperation to even site Kinsey.  I stand by my original statement.  There were no medical studies done to prove that same sex attraction disorder is normal.  Maybe I should say there were no valid medical studies done...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I never heard of this restaurant until last week. The country needs to get away from what seperates us and start coming together on what we all believe in. Go watch the Olympics and enjoy the night.
    Posted by Calzone65

That can only happen if Obama moves out of the White House.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?":
    Cathy and Thomas have a right to their opinion, they are breaking no laws.  Cathy serves those with same sex attraction disorder and also employs them.   Since when is it a crime to follow your religious beliefs?  Why do people hate Christians so much?  Why is it ok for those with same sex attraction disorder or those who agree with them to voice their opinion but those who don't agree with them are vilified? Christianity teaches that we are to love all God's children, we don't have to like them but we do have to love them and pray that they go to heaven. We don't have to agree with everything they do but we are not allowed to mistreat them or harm them. Cathy has every right to voice his opinion and follow his religion.  Since when is it a crime to believe that marriage is meant to be between one man and one woman?  How is that hateful, how is that evil? We live in a crazy world.  Mayors of certain cities have threatened to keep Chick- Fil-A out of their cities.  Why?  Because the man is breaking the law?  Maybe he is threatening others?  Perhaps he won't allow gays in his restaurant or worse yet he won't hire them? None of the above is true.  The man is simply stating his religious beliefs while not hurting anyone. This is a dangerous road we are going down as a nation.  Freedom of religion is one of the most important freedoms we have.  If we lose that we will all suffer the consequences in the end. " The outspoken MVP of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals has inserted himself into the contentious debate surrounding Chick-fil-A's public stance against gay marriage . From Thomas' Facebook page: I stand with Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A is privately owned by the Cathy family. The company president, Dan Cathy, drew the wrath of gay rights advocates and supporters when he made recent statements that some have alleged are anti-gay. Cathy told Baptist Press that the company was unapologetically in favor of traditional marriage. “Guilty as charged,” he said. “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.” In a separate interview on the Ken Coleman Show — Cathy suggested that the nation could face God’s wrath over the redefinition of marriage. “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.” Posted by 67redsox
    You are right on the mark 67. Why is it that the left claims the right is intolerant when their actions and protests against people who don't agree with their ideology is intolerant in itself. We should all be able to have our beliefs without being bashed for it. The CEO was asked about The sanctity of marriage on a religious program, and the liberals come unglued. Obama himself supported traditional marriage until he figured out he' d get more votes by supporting gay marriage.

Sections
Shortcuts