DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?:
    I bet when you wrote that you thought you were being logical.  Marriage is for men and women.  One man + 1 woman.  Pretty simple really.  Asking why can't the state give the "same rights" to people who don't meet the definition is silly.   You're mixing up two concepts-a marriage and a union.  The gov't is conveying rights to gays that unmarried straights have.  The church doesn't recognie either arrangement as a marriage.  From a religious perspective, it is a non-event.  From a civil perspective, why should you care what two people do inside their castle?
    Posted by Joebreidey

I don't care what you do in your castle - unless you pollute the environment.  When you start polluting the river that runs through my property - we have issues.

Unfortunately, the "love that dare not speak" has become the "love that won't shut the Hill up"

They can use the lower intestinal track as a sex organ all night long - just don't force me to accept it as normal.  Don't tell me the only options for me are to "celebrate it" or shut up;  don't go into the public schools and teach your bizarre self-loathing practices to children and say "it's no different than the love your mommy and daddy share."

the movement is polluting the environment.  I wish the homosexual movement wanted to be left alone to do what they want to do in their castles.  unfortunately, that is not what they are after.

They are watonly polluting the culture - so they are forcing normal people to have opinions about their behavior. 

Kultursmog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : I don't care what you do in your castle - unless you pollute the environment.  When you start polluting the river that runs through my property - we have issues. Unfortunately, the "love that dare not speak" has become the "love that won't shut the Hill up" They can use the lower intestinal track as a sex organ all night long - just don't force me to accept it as normal.  Don't tell me the only options for me are to "celebrate it" or shut up;  don't go into the public schools and teach your bizarre self-loathing practices to children and say "it's no different than the love your mommy and daddy share." the movement is polluting the environment.  I wish the homosexual movement wanted to be left alone to do what they want to do in their castles.  unfortunately, that is not what they are after. They are watonly polluting the culture - so they are forcing normal people to have opinions about their behavior.  Kultursmog.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

You know Reddick is a bear right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I bet when you wrote that you thought you were being logical.  Marriage is for men and women.  One man + 1 woman.  Pretty simple really.  Asking why can't the state give the "same rights" to people who don't meet the definition is silly.   You're mixing up two concepts-a marriage and a union.  The gov't is conveying rights to gays that unmarried straights have.  The church doesn't recognie either arrangement as a marriage.  From a religious perspective, it is a non-event.  From a civil perspective, why should you care what two people do inside their castle?
    Posted by Joebreidey

First of all, I don't take things seriously when "The Church" has been allowing Man-to-Boy raping now for decades. Once that became prevalent, it basically takes away what we call "normalcy" or what is the "righteous path." And yes, I'm including all religions too, not just the Catholic Church, and some of the ridiculous chattle of religious maniacs who have forced into "marriage" 12-year-old girls---try Utah. Is that normal? Look, I don't personally care for man to man or woman to woman marriages, but I sure as hell won't get in the way of their happiness. We are at a stage in society where there is social acceptance of gay rights, gay activism, and gay marriage. 

I stated my statement about TT earlier on this thread and I've been on the B's forum about his grand-standing and use of Facebook. This guy is a piece of work. And what is really sad is that he's essentially a really good person. It's just that he believes his place in society as a famous athlete--2 Vezinas, a Cup, a Conn Smythe--gives him carte blanche to spew his political views and make some decisions that frankly have hurt the B's franchise. I will go into song and verse if I have to about the White House snub, which to me showed him to be this very selfish person, very self-absorbed person, and not a teammate. He's had a history of not being the best of teammates, some people point to the fact that goalies are basically nutty people. Sorry, don't buy it. I'm fine with his political views, that he is a devout Republican, but his take on Govt. and the U.S. Govt when he's played for the country's national team, and his "hate" for the current system is just too much. He needs to stop using Facebook and start actually holding real media press conferences--hard to take him seriously when he won't be a man. His decision to take a year off is ridiculous--could you imagine if AGON said I'm taking 2013 off, but does it with a salary cap and no 1bs sitting out there to grab off the free agent market...TT--great goalie, but now just a retired goalie in my mind. Tired of his act. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Last - God will decide.  But we live here on earth for 7 - 8 decades and we have to have some rules, dontcha think?  A lot of us would like to limit the "celebration" of disorderly thought and unnatural acts It wasn't really that long ago that the idea of a black man and a white woman was considered unnatural.  And only slightly before that, that blacks couldn't drink the same water as whites.  Before that, it was unnatural for women to vote.  Or that a woman might want to join the armed forces or become a cop.
    Posted by Joebreidey

The Massachusetts public schools destroyed your ability to use reason.

It wasn't that long ago that it was wrong to be a cannibal. 

Can I use that argument?

It wasn't that long ago that it was wrong to copulate with livestock - can we use that argument?

You are making an argument that there can be no rules on marriage because in the past their were bad rules regarding race?   

Not a strong argument.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : First of all, I don't take things seriously when "The Church" has been allowing Man-to-Boy raping now for decades. Once that became prevalent, it basically takes away what we call "normalcy" or what is the "righteous path." And yes, I'm including all religions too, not just the Catholic Church, and some of the ridiculous chattle of religious maniacs who have forced into "marriage" 12-year-old girls---try Utah. Is that normal? Look, I don't personally care for man to man or woman to woman marriages, but I sure as hell won't get in the way of their happiness. We are at a stage in society where there is social acceptance of gay rights, gay activism, and gay marriage.  I stated my statement about TT earlier on this thread and I've been on the B's forum about his grand-standing and use of Facebook. This guy is a piece of work. And what is really sad is that he's essentially a really good person. It's just that he believes his place in society as a famous athlete--2 Vezinas, a Cup, a Conn Smythe--gives him carte blanche to spew his political views and make some decisions that frankly have hurt the B's franchise. I will go into song and verse if I have to about the White House snub, which to me showed him to be this very selfish person, very self-absorbed person, and not a teammate. He's had a history of not being the best of teammates, some people point to the fact that goalies are basically nutty people. Sorry, don't buy it. I'm fine with his political views, that he is a devout Republican, but his take on Govt. and the U.S. Govt when he's played for the country's national team, and his "hate" for the current system is just too much. He needs to stop using Facebook and start actually holding real media press conferences--hard to take him seriously when he won't be a man. His decision to take a year off is ridiculous--could you imagine if AGON said I'm taking 2013 off, but does it with a salary cap and no 1bs sitting out there to grab off the free agent market...TT--great goalie, but now just a retired goalie in my mind. Tired of his act. 
    Posted by dannycater

when I say "good person" I'm referring to the fact that he has done charitable work and seems to be humble at times (at least from an athletic standpoint). But he's like Jekyl and Hyde when it comes to his politcs and his odd decision making. He really didn't do the B's any favors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : First of all, I don't take things seriously when "The Church" has been allowing Man-to-Boy raping now for decades. Once that became prevalent, it basically takes away what we call "normalcy" or what is the "righteous path." And yes, I'm including all religions too, not just the Catholic Church, and some of the ridiculous chattle of religious maniacs who have forced into "marriage" 12-year-old girls---try Utah. Is that normal? Posted by dannycater

Man/Boy rape is a form of homosexuality by definition.

But the logical question for you is this - what do you base you condemnation of Man/Boy rape on?  Or Marrying a 12 year old girl on?  You already said "none of my business"

I'm assuming you are going to say it is pretty obvious that those are bad practices.  But in your world - they are only bad practices until 50.1% of the population votes that they are acceptable practices.

In my world, it will always be wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : The Massachusetts public schools destroyed your ability to use reason. It wasn't that long ago that it was wrong to be a cannibal.  Can I use that argument? It wasn't that long ago that it was wrong to copulate with livestock - can we use that argument? You are making an argument that there can be no rules on marriage because in the past their were bad rules regarding race?    Not a strong argument.

Sorry for your pre-conceived ideas, but I went to Catholic school in the Bronx.  And again, the ruling has no impact on a marriage.  It isn't a marriage, it is a union.  If the state tells the church that they must change the practices within our four walls, then I will have an issue with it.  What the state decides will be as a result of how the voters decide.

Saying that it is okay to ban civil unions because we banned livestock is no different than saying we are to deny anyone their freedom.  We don't allow cattle to vote, so why should we allow blacks and women to vote?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Man/Boy rape is a form of homosexuality by definition . But the logical question for you is this - what do you base you condemnation of Man/Boy rape on?  Or Marrying a 12 year old girl on?  You already said "none of my business" I'm assuming you are going to say it is pretty obvious that those are bad practices.  But in your world - they are only bad practices until 50.1% of the population votes that they are acceptable practices. In my world, it will always be wrong.

You make valid points, except in my world one is rape, the other is mutual decision between ADULTS. Marriage too. ADULTS. Not CHILDREN. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Schumpter, to pass off an Adult leader or Priest who rapes a young boy as homosexuality is missing the point. And before we go further, I believe Schumpter is one of the most intelligent posters on this Board, and will respect your posts. I've always enjoyed your candor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Another day, and this idiotic thread still exists. Apparently, the mods are on vacation this week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : You make valid points, except in my world one is rape, the other is mutual decision between ADULTS. Marriage too. ADULTS. Not CHILDREN. 
    Posted by dannycater

When 50.1% of the population agree to lower the age of sexual consent to 12 years old, you will no longer have a problem with it.

It's all fungible. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The real danger of this whole story is a business man who has a different opinion is being attacked by Politicians in Chicago and Boston.

they want to put a guy out of business for have a different opinion.

It's weird - but it is always the left that wants to use strong-arm totalitarian tactics to drive people out of business.

I think it is central to the left's tolerance movement.

That's my last post on the subject - because this is a baseball board. 

I'd rather talk baseball.

My apologies for encouraging political chatter on a baseball board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

don't apologize, we can do what we want here, or is that against forum law (within reason).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

true about Rome.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The real danger of this whole story is a business man who has a different opinion is being attacked by Politicians in Chicago and Boston. they want to put a guy out of business for have a different opinion. It's weird - but it is always the left that wants to use strong-arm totalitarian tactics to drive people out of business. I think it is central to the left's tolerance movement. That's my last post on the subject - because this is a baseball board.  I'd rather talk baseball. My apologies for encouraging political chatter on a baseball board.

I agree on that.  We've entered a pathetic level of political discourse when politicians attack people for having diverging views.  The left is slowing drifting towards Stalinism, where no dissenting views are allowed.  I disagree with your views on gays.  My opinion mirrors the castle doctrine, and i don't care what they do in their castle.

And for all those that agree that they don't care what happens in a man's castle, they should be consistent and not care what opinion that same person has.  I simply don't care what your opinion is, in a respectful way.

OTOH, when a mayor of a major town suggests that we have to destroy people that disagree with him, he needs to be removed from office.

Just for the sake of argument, if the mayor of Salt lake City suggested that gays should not own businesses in SLC, would that be okay?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

is being gay normal...no, when one considers that at most 5-10% practice it

is being gay a mental disorder? no because the vast majority of gays live productive lives, dont die of aids, dont rape kids, and arent junkies...

should the government include gays in protection of civil rights based on bigotry.....read this thread....

does being gay undermine your religious faiths? it is hard to believe any christian faith in this nation will suffer because of gays...do they suffer w/1 billion muslims sharing the planet...about the same Buddhists?

in this nation you have the right to be left alone, not judged, and to be treated equally by the government..if you want to be a bigot thats your business - but dont expect me to assist you in creating second class citizenship for millions of people because they copulate differently than most (actually many heteros do that as well but i digress...)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Cathy has a right to his opinion. Thomas has a right to his opinion. Menino has a right to his opinion. You have to respect a peron who puts his principles before his wallet. If more people did that, the country would be in a much better position. But, Cathy had to know that making such statements and making it known that he contributes to anti-gay marriage causes would result in a backlash. The people I feel for are the owners of the Chik Fil A franchises who will feel the impact of Cathy's comments whether they agree with them or not. I personally think what he said was irresponsible and will cause franchises owners a huge headache. But then again, Chik Fil As tend to be located in regions that aren't the most diverse so maybe the franchise will a boost from all this nonsense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : I believe that, '67. Though you and I would find little common ground in political or social discussions, we'd get along just fine because of that one basic principle.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Thanks Lloyd.  I have dear friends who don't agree with me but they are good people and I value their friendship.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : I believe in hating lots of people. There are some behaviors that make me sick.  If you are a drug dealer - guess what?  I hate you.  Stay the $%!@# out of my neighborhood. If you are one of those clowns that take 30 products to the express lane that clearly says 20 OR LESS - wand then you do 3 transactions (some on the credit card, some on the food stampt card, and some cash), guess what?  I hate you. If you are a socialist who wants to destroy freedom in the last free country on earth - guess what?  I hate you. If you constantly lie because it is the only way you can argue - guess what?  I hate you. Lots of behaviors are worthy of hate and discontent.

There is a difference in finding behavior hateful and hating a person. I certainly do find certain behaviors hateful, child abuse, abortion, murder etc. I think you went a bit too far with the express lane example LOL! My faith teaches me I can't hate the person.

I do hate what's happening to our country, the loss of freedom is disturbing.  I'm mad that the SSAD agenda is helping to destroying marriage and society.  I'm mad that, as a christian, I'm loosing my rights and lots of people don't seem to care.  I struggle with loving those who are doing this, I really do.  Christ has made it clear that I have to love those who persecute me.  If I don't I'm no better than they are and as a christian I must strive for perfection.  I fall so far short of this goal day in and day out.  The good news is as long as I breath and my heart beats I can fight the good fight.

Part of that is loving those who don't love me, loving those who are not lovable.  When I struggle with this I look at my crucifix.  How hard it must of been for Him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : +1
    Posted by S5

I wish you would.  Then all sorts of ant-hate laws would be passed to protect us just as they were passed to protect those with SSAD.  If we had the anti-hate laws in our corner then the attack on christians and their beliefs would stop.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Cathy has a right to his opinion. Thomas has a right to his opinion. Menino has a right to his opinion.

Not really.  Free speech is not quite universal.  As mayor of Boston, he is not supposed to oppose businesses from opening in Boston, simply because they disagree with their religious or political views.  It is disgusitng and anti-American for him to use his political office to punish those who disagree with his politics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Menino also has a right to learn the Boston star athletes players names. How many times has he butchered them? Sorry, had to do it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : You know Reddick is a bear right?
    Posted by snakeoil123

And Lowrie is a twink?

Sections
Shortcuts