DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?

In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : I understand the urge, but there is no reason or justification to demean and denigrate the beliefs of decent Christians in an attempt to mock loser pretend Christians like 67 & Softy. Would you mock the beliefs of Muslims?  Budists???  etc..... Come on now Geo.  No need for that!  I share your disgust for the extreme right wing fundamentalist demagogues like Softy, but there is no need for that.
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]He does have a fair point about a lot of the old testament originating in Sumeria and Babylon though. I don't think that denigrates what is there so much as it points to the universality of values like charity and love.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]MODERATOR, PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Hello,this is Peggy,Can I help you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : e tu Lloyd???   :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    My father, a deeply religious man who adored Ronald Reagan, always said you could use the Bible to back just about any stance you want to take.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : My father, a deeply religious man who adored Ronald Reagan, always said you could use the Bible to back just about any stance you want to take.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

It's the overall tone!  Mocking & condescending.  Again, would he bait Muslims like this???

I understand mocking Softy & 67, but not your average decent Christian!

posted at 7/29/2012 10:29 PM EDT
    First: 4/9/2009
    Last: 7/29/2012
    i think it is a very wise idea to base my entire existence on a book that was written thousands of years ago....even though most of those stories in the Old Testament were variations of Sumerian legends that existed beforehand...like the garden of Eden and the Flood....yes - those Biblical stories were ripped off legends on ancient babylon...
    Keep on believing!
    As always - 100% correct!

JOSH BECKETT CHUNK FACTOR -

MY OFF DAYS ARE MY OFF DAYS....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : you are wrong my constituionally challenged friend...states have the right to create their own licenses like marriage, driving, but Congress has the right to regulate it...this is how folks like you usurped states rights and passed DOMA under Clinton (defense of marriage act)  this law basically says gay marriage is not required to be accepted by other states....how this isnt discrimination under the 14th amendment i still do not know....anyways imagine that?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

In the state I live in we voted into our state constitution that marriage is to be defined as an act between one man and one woman.  I know this to be true because I voted on it.  Marriage is not mentioned in the united states constitution.  States have a right to regulate marriage.  Please do your home work.
    President obama has decided to ignore doma because he feels like it.  We have a president who protects the laws he likes and ignores the ones he doesn't.  That's illegal, I guess the mayors figured if he could ignore the law they could also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Actually the crime of the people of Sodom and Gomorrah was that no one in either city would take in God's messengers. Lack of charity, which is precisely the behaviour you see from so many so called christians today. You might try reading your bible if you want to be a christian.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

You have been taught the watered down PC version.  The crime of Sodom and Gomorrah was homosexuality. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : It's the overall tone!  Mocking & condescending.  Again, would he bait Muslims like this??? I understand mocking Softy & 67, but not your average decent Christian! Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? posted at 7/29/2012 10:29 PM EDT georom4 Posts: 5595 First: 4/9/2009 Last: 7/29/2012 26991512220287887d0bb1e23fce7589 i think it is a very wise idea to base my entire existence on a book that was written thousands of years ago....even though most of those stories in the Old Testament were variations of Sumerian legends that existed beforehand...like the garden of Eden and the Flood....yes - those Biblical stories were ripped off legends on ancient babylon... Keep on believing! As always - 100% correct! JOSH BECKETT CHUNK FACTOR - MY OFF DAYS ARE MY OFF DAYS.... New post Reply to this post Report Abuse Ignore georom4
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    Huh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : In the state I live in we voted into our state constitution that marriage is to be defined as an act between one man and one woman.  I know this to be true because I voted on it.  Marriage is not mentioned in the united states constitution.  States have a right to regulate marriage.  Please do your home work. President obama has decided to ignore doma because he feels like it.  We have a president who protects the laws he likes and ignores the ones he doesn't.  That's illegal, I guess the mayors figured if he could ignore the law they could also.
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]

i will give you a little civics lesson free of charge...the fourth article of the constitution says that states must give full faith and credit to each other's licenses....which means gay mariage in Mass HAS TO BE ACCEPTED by other states...just like you cant be arrested for driving w/o a CT license because you only have a MA license...but that evil, immoral Bill Clinton allowed Congress to interfere (which is allowed in article 4) to pass DOMA....this is why your state can not recognize gay marriage....

hope you learned something...youre welcome

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : My father, a deeply religious man who adored Ronald Reagan, always said you could use the Bible to back just about any stance you want to take.

I knew I liked you for a reasonWink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Huh?

i think he is referring to my factual yet sarcastic comment about old testament stories being rehashed babylonian legends..which is true...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : You have been taught the watered down PC version.  The crime of Sodom and Gomorrah was homosexuality. 
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]Really? What chapter and verse is that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : I knew I liked you for a reason
    You'd have loved my Pop!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : If the Friar's worked with the priests, then he should be an expert
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

If you want to know the truth behind those scandals please read below.  I had friends who were seminarians in Boston in the early 70's so I knew about the SSAD problem, it sickened me.  These men were sexually active, they had no right to be in the seminary.

If you look at the scandal you will see that men had sex with young men, sounds like SSAD to me.

In the areas of the country where SSAD men were not allowed into the seminaries there was no sex scandal, I live in one of those areas.

I agree that the scandal was and is horrific.  Those men will have to stand before the thrown of God and be judged just like the rest of us.  I hope they beg His forgiveness.

"Veteran investigative reporter Michael S. Rose has written a frightening account of the corruption of the Roman Catholic seminary system in the United States. In "Goodbye! Good Men: How Catholic Seminaries Turned Away Two Generations of Vocations from the Priesthood" (Acquinas Publishing), Rose exposes the abuses that have driven honorable men faithful to the tenets of Roman Catholicism out of the seminaries and given preferential treatment to homosexuals and others wedded to unorthodox doctrines.

In his book, written before the latest abuse scandals erupted, Rose insists that the alleged shortage of priests is "artificial and contrived," the result of policies adopted by scores of dioceses for many years - policies that turned the seminary system on its head - and have now driven a stake through the heart of the Catholic Church in America.

In her foreword to the book, Alice Von Hilderbrand, Ph.D., writes: "This book holds the key to the phenomenon which, to many, is also an enigma: Why are so many seminaries empty? Michael S. Rose has the courage - a courage many Church leaders lack - of giving us the fearful but uncontestable answer: because vice has penetrated into many of them, and those who do not condone vice are excluded. True vocations are 'disqualified.'"

Anyone, Catholic or non-Catholic, who wants to understand the causes of the current scandals in the church couldn't find a better explanation than that contained within the pages of "Goodbye! Good Men."

In this first of a three-part series, NewsMax.com looks at some of the roadblocks placed in front of "good men" seeking to enter the Roman Catholic priesthood."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : i will give you a little civics lesson free of charge...the fourth article of the constitution says that states must give full faith and credit to each other's licenses....which means gay mariage in Mass HAS TO BE ACCEPTED by other states...just like you cant be arrested for driving w/o a CT license because you only have a MA license...but that evil, immoral Bill Clinton allowed Congress to interfere (which is allowed in article 4) to pass DOMA....this is why your state can not recognize gay marriage.... hope you learned something...youre welcome
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Please listen closely.  I will try to explain this to you again.

Marriage is not mention in the Constitution of the United States of America

Marriage is regulated by each state's Constitution

In my state we all when to the polling booths one fine day to vote.

We had to answer yes or no to if we wanted to amend our state constitution as to who can enter into marriage.

We were asked if, in our state, we wanted to have marriage defined as an act between one man and one woman added to our state constitution.

I voted, yes

The majority of the people voted yes so in my state no judge or legislative body can say those with ssad can be married.

If you want to get married in my state and many others you have to be one man and one woman because that's what the state constitution says.  I know it says that because I remember going to the voting booth and voting on the amendment.

Since driving is legal in my state then of course other state's drivers licenses are accepted.  Marriage between two men or two women is illegal in my state so my state doesn't have to recognized that license since the license is illegal in my state.

Doma is another issue.  Obama doesn't like Doma so he won't enforce it.  A president doesn't have that type of power.  Obama is breaking the law.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : You'd have loved my Pop!

I'm sure I would have.  Is he still alive?  My dad passed when he was 67 back in 91'.  He never saw the sox win it all but he was such a diehard fan.  I still miss him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Chapter and verse? Crickets...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

"Same-sex marriage has been made legal through court rulings and legislative action, but not via popular vote.[6][7] Twelve states prohibit same-sex marriage in statute and thirty prohibit it in the state's constitution.[8] "

See, other people in other states went to the voting both one fine day to vote on the same issue I did.  Actually "we the people" in thirty states went to the voting both to amend their constitutions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I guess what I will never understand is why anyone (not just Christians, although lately they are the most popular offenders)  needs to have their deeeply held religious beliefs also ratified as laws.  I mean, if you have this devout belief in a Supreme Being, and He tells you not to marry another man, or not to have an abortion, or whatever, shouldn't that be enough to prevent you from doing these things?  I'd think God saying no should be enough, and there is no need to also have the same restriction enforced by ethically-questionable mortal.   Clearly, if God says "No adultery!!," then a devout Christian has enough of a reason to never commit adultery.   So why on Earth do they then decide to foist these beliefs off on everyone through the guise of a legal system? 

And I say this knowing full well adultery is actually illegal in the state of Massachusetts...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]"Same-sex marriage has been made legal through court rulings and legislative action, but not via popular vote . [ 6 ] [ 7 ] Twelve states prohibit same-sex marriage in statute and thirty prohibit it in the state's constitution. [ 8 ] " See, other people in other states went to the voting both one fine day to vote on the same issue I did.  Actually "we the people" in thirty states went to the voting both to amend their constitutions.
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]Chapter and verse? You're the one claiming the Bible. You may call yourself a christian, but you're no christian. What precept that Jesus championed do you practice in your daily life?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Chapter and verse? Crickets...
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

http://bible.cc/genesis/19-5.htm 

Here is your chapter and verse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Chapter and verse? You're the one claiming the Bible. You may call yourself a christian, but you're no christian. What precept that Jesus championed do you practice in your daily life?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Who's judgmental now?
    It's late, goodnight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Who's judgmental now? It's late, goodnight.
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]Look into your heart.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : Look into your heart.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

This coming from a man who wants to strangle kings with the guts of priests.  I can't take you seriously.  I gave you chapter and verse.  I would like your take on them tomorrow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : This coming from a man who wants to strangle kings with the guts of priests.  I can't take you seriously.  I gave you chapter and verse.  I would like your take on them tomorrow.
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]I must have missed that post. Laughing But I won't engage you on this anymore. Just have fun pretending to be a christian.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO YOU AGREE WITH TIM THOMAS AND THE CATHY FAMILY? : I use SSAD (same sex attraction disorder) because that is the correct medical term.

Hahahaha.  Remember the supporting "research" you posted a few months back after I badgered you to back up your claims?

It was absolutely hilarious.  Links to scanned documents, all created by obviously religious organisations and all referencing each other.  It was disgraceful that you would think it would support your views, but nothing's going to shake your dogma, is it?

BTW, feel free to provide some links to back up your claims.

Sections
Shortcuts