Do you agree with Tori Hunter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Do you agree with Tori Hunter?

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

sad acceptance of the disgraceful, lcd, phony term "same-sexual attraction disorder

Pitiful oxymoron epithet "homophobic" could only dome from mental midgets.

Sad acceptance of the disgraceful phony term "gay".

Amongst your claims here include: your high-powered lawyer job, a giant gold hoard, a woman willing to lay with you at least twice (a similarly asexual figure to you, Maggie Thatcher, had twins so the assumption is that her husband Denis only had to hold his breath and close his eyes just the once)....and your two childrens' "top universities" turned out to be not only state unis, but Southern state unis.

Wahoo.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:

While I can say I honestly couldn't care less who's sleeping with whom, I can say I grow weary of the left's incessant propagandizing over this issue. accept your opposing views, should you be brave enough to have and express them.

Can you give an example of a "left/lib/soc/rad" (to ref a totally moronic saddo that in no way represents intellegent people of any standpoint here) that starts such convs here?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

In your high-powered blather, you have a problem with factual reality. Perhaps you should consider a gig with the man on MSNBC who had a chill up his leg.

Do you repudiate any of those allegations?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Yup.  Here we go - you are comparing Christians to Nazis.

Are you really this stupid, or just play acting?  I deliberately put female circumcisers, Nazis AND YANKEE FANS together as examples of views I do not espouse and view as non-supportable by decent people (one excepted, of course!).  Followed by an emoticon.  And I made no reference to any religion.

Please explain how I compared - nay, mentioned - christians to anything.

Take a logic class.

The thread is about Hunter's Christian beliefs.  The question at hand is do you agree with Hunter.  people are criticizing Hunter's statement.

You role in with "I don't necessarily believe all beliefs should be respected.  Should I respect Nazis?"

This is called make an argument from the extreme - however you are indeed lumping Hunter in with Hitler.

Way to go!  You are a good Massachusetts liberal! 

Wow, either you are actually stupid, or an uber-troll along the Softy lines.  For the 3rd time, I posted "female circumcisers, Nazis AND YANKEE FANS together as examples of views I do not espouse and view as non-supportable by decent people (one excepted, of course!)" as examples of views held by people that I do not believe are worthy of respect. 

What do you disagree with from that post?

Take a logic class.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:

The best way to figure out Schumpeter is to have a great memory / recall of all of his previous posts in this forum and then decide for yourself if he is a Red Sox fan or not. Do your homework and then decide.

Good idea.  Read all 4000+ of my posts and report back as soon as possible.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

While I can say I honestly couldn't care less who's sleeping with whom, I can say I grow weary of the left's incessant propagandizing over this issue. When they were in the minority on the subject of homosexuality, the message sreamed from the roof tops was "tolerance and respect for others views which might be different from your own". A very reasonable stance and one I agreed with completely. Once THEIRS became the majority view, and people were tripping all over themselves to prove how "tolerant" they were, any opposing views on the matter are now deemed unacceptable and the author of such views in need of villification. Bah! Hypocrites!! Whether it's global warming, religion, taxes,etc. the radical left allows for only one view-it's own. Not everyone will agree with you on every subject-get over it! And don't you dare attack someone for having the courage to speak his views in a reasonable, honest way even though I suspect he knew well he'd be attacked for it.  That's what tyrants and INTOLERANT folks do all over this globe. Don't be a Putin!!!!! Allow for divergent views to be freely expressed, and you'll not melt from hearing them I assure you. As for me, I just think boys and girls fit well together. Sorta like peas and carrots.Hope that's ok with everyone...but could care less if someone here doesn't agree. I accept your opposing views, should you be brave enough to have and express them.

Very well said. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

While I can say I honestly couldn't care less who's sleeping with whom, I can say I grow weary of the left's incessant propagandizing over this issue. When they were in the minority on the subject of homosexuality, the message sreamed from the roof tops was "tolerance and respect for others views which might be different from your own". A very reasonable stance and one I agreed with completely. Once THEIRS became the majority view, and people were tripping all over themselves to prove how "tolerant" they were, any opposing views on the matter are now deemed unacceptable and the author of such views in need of villification. Bah! Hypocrites!! Whether it's global warming, religion, taxes,etc. the radical left allows for only one view-it's own. Not everyone will agree with you on every subject-get over it! And don't you dare attack someone for having the courage to speak his views in a reasonable, honest way even though I suspect he knew well he'd be attacked for it.  That's what tyrants and INTOLERANT folks do all over this globe. Don't be a Putin!!!!! Allow for divergent views to be freely expressed, and you'll not melt from hearing them I assure you. As for me, I just think boys and girls fit well together. Sorta like peas and carrots.Hope that's ok with everyone...but could care less if someone here doesn't agree. I accept your opposing views, should you be brave enough to have and express them.

Very well said. 

Thank you good sir.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Teakus, historically it makes no sense for a black man to judge someone for something other than his character...unless one feel gays are inherently bad people....either way Tori is a bigot...why do I have to have tolerance for that?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Teakus, historically it makes no sense for a black man to judge someone for something other than his character...unless one feel gays are inherently bad people....either way Tori is a bigot...why do I have to have tolerance for that?

When two groups have deeply held beliefs that are 100% at odds - expecting them to agree is foolishness.

You can either remain objective - or take sides.

You have decided to side with the homosexuals.  That's fine.  Your choice.  You are with the homosexuals and against the Christians.

Does that mean we get to call you a bigot?  Are you an anti-Christian bigot?  It seems like you are.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SonOfLilith. Show SonOfLilith's posts

Schumpeters on point and kickin' butt.....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

When two groups have deeply held beliefs that are 100% at odds - expecting them to agree is foolishness.

You can either remain objective - or take sides.

You have decided to side with the homosexuals.  That's fine.  Your choice.  You are with the homosexuals and against the Christians.

Does that mean we get to call you a bigot?  Are you an anti-Christian bigot?  It seems like you are.

You're mixing together too many concepts.

1-You assume to be okay with gays is to be against Christians.  I don't know almost any Christians that have an issue with gays.  I assume you know that some of them work in our schools, and work in our child care agencies.

2-It seems like Hunter has forgotten the part about 'love the sinner, but hate the sin'.

3-If being around somone who is gay is difficult and uncomfortable, BECAUSE IT IS A SIN, then almost by definition, wouldn't it be difficult and uncomfortable to be around anyone, since we are all sinners?

• Someone drinks and drives, a sin
    • Someone hooks up with someone not his wife, a sin
    • Someone is gay, a sin

If Hunter chooses to not associate with all three, then even if I disagreed, it would at least seem consistent.  But if Hunter has no problem with the first two, but he does with the 3rd, then it suggests that there is something more at play than simply choosing to not hang out with sinners.

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

You're mixing together too many concepts.

1-You assume to be okay with gays is to be against Christians.  I don't know almost any Christians that have an issue with gays.  I assume you know that some of them work in our schools, and work in our child care agencies.

2-It seems like Hunter has forgotten the part about 'love the sinner, but hate the sin'.

3-If being around somone who is gay is difficult and uncomfortable, BECAUSE IT IS A SIN, then almost by definition, wouldn't it be difficult and uncomfortable to be around anyone, since we are all sinners?

• Someone drinks and drives, a sin
    • Someone hooks up with someone not his wife, a sin
    • Someone is gay, a sin

If Hunter chooses to not associate with all three, then even if I disagreed, it would at least seem consistent.  But if Hunter has no problem with the first two, but he does with the 3rd, then it suggests that there is something more at play than simply choosing to not hang out with sinners.

1.  If you don't know any Christians who have an "issue" with homosexuality - there's a very good chance you don't know very many Christians. 

2.  Love the sinner and hate the sin is a Christian euphemism.  You are now making an appeal to Christianity - which is typical of the religiously illiterate.  Namely, you are asking for all the Christian kindness but none of the Christian rules.  Jesus was kind to sinners - but he also said "go and sin no more"  (look it up).

3.  Christians are uncomfortrable around sin - that is not new.  But you are missing an absolutely critical aspect of the debate.  In this case, the sin and the sinner (homosexuality and homosexuals) are being trumpetted as not sin at all and rather, something to be "celebrated!"  It's as if you had a group of people who not only were willing to drink and drive but were also demanding that drinking and driving was no worse than sober driving; and furthermore demanding that we "celebrate" drinking and driving.

Let that sink in.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Torii Hunter has fathered four children out of marriage with four different women.  Now that I've learned this, I consider him an immoral jerk who has no right to judge the behaviour of anyone. 

Him judging anyone on his 'Christian' beliefs is the height of laughable hypocrisy.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I see Hunter is now apologizing and saying he was misquoted.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Amongst your claims here include: your high-powered lawyer job, a giant gold hoard, a woman willing to lay with you at least twice (a similarly asexual figure to you, Maggie Thatcher, had twins so the assumption is that her husband Denis only had to hold his breath and close his eyes just the once)....and your two childrens' "top universities" turned out to be not only state unis, but Southern state unis.

Wahoo.

[/QUOTE]

You left out the part about Softy's having and making more money than any MLB player.

No doubt, Soft's a legend in is own mind.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1.  If you don't know any Christians who have an "issue" with homosexuality - there's a very good chance you don't know very many Christians.

Virtually everyone I know is a Christian.  I'm Irish and grew up in an Irish neighborhood.  I went to parachiol school for 14 years.  Let that sink in.

2.  Love the sinner and hate the sin is a Christian euphemism.  You are now making an appeal to Christianity - which is typical of the religiously illiterate.  Namely, you are asking for all the Christian kindness but none of the Christian rules.  Jesus was kind to sinners - but he also said "go and sin no more"  (look it up).

Then you've 'sinned no more'?  Has anyone you know 'sinned no more'?

3.  Christians are uncomfortrable around sin - that is not new.  But you are missing an absolutely critical aspect of the debate.  In this case, the sin and the sinner (homosexuality and homosexuals) are being trumpetted as not sin at all and rather, something to be "celebrated!"  It's as if you had a group of people who not only were willing to drink and drive but were also demanding that drinking and driving was no worse than sober driving; and furthermore demanding that we "celebrate" drinking and driving.

I do not care what people want to 'celebrate'.  My duty is to love my neighbor as myself.  I don't think Jesus said had an addendun that said 'unless he is gay'.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A few days later, Tori Hunter will pull a Roger Clemens and say, " I misremember saying such a thing."  LOL

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Did his Christian up bringing also teach, having four children with four women, who weren't his wife, and not in their lives?

Damn, four chidren with four different women?!?  He better be paying child support on time.  LOL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

While I can say I honestly couldn't care less who's sleeping with whom, I can say I grow weary of the left's incessant propagandizing over this issue. When they were in the minority on the subject of homosexuality, the message sreamed from the roof tops was "tolerance and respect for others views which might be different from your own". A very reasonable stance and one I agreed with completely. Once THEIRS became the

Very well said. 

Thank you good sir.

Nonsense.  No "liberal" or "leftist" would ever discuss this issue spontaneously....because such people think it's a non-issue.  It's just the creepy, genitally-obsessed weirdos that raise it over and over again.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Why would I care about whether or not some random baseball player was homophobic or not?  These types of threads boggle my mind.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

i don't think hunter is right but i respect his opinion. if you live your life by the bible then you naturally think homosexuality is wrong and would be uncomfortable about it. But then again, J-Bays point is pretty solid. He clearly doesn't hold the teachings of the Bible very dear if he has 4 children with 4 baby mamas.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think every opinion from every person necessarily deserves respect.  For example, should I respect the opinion of those in favour of female circumcision?  Or that of Nazis?  Or Yankee fans?  ;-)))

I don't think Hunter is a bad guy at all, from what I know of him.  But I think he's dead wrong and have no respect for his opinion on this issue.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Here we go - you are comparing Christians to Nazis.

[/QUOTE]

Are you really this stupid, or just play acting?  I deliberately put female circumcisers, Nazis AND YANKEE FANS together as examples of views I do not espouse and view as non-supportable by decent people (one excepted, of course!).  Followed by an emoticon.  And I made no reference to any religion.

Please explain how I compared - nay, mentioned - christians to anything.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Take a logic class.

The thread is about Hunter's Christian beliefs.  The question at hand is do you agree with Hunter.  people are criticizing Hunter's statement.

You role in with "I don't necessarily believe all beliefs should be respected.  Should I respect Nazis?"

This is called make an argument from the extreme - however you are indeed lumping Hunter in with Hitler.

Way to go!  You are a good Massachusetts liberal! 

[/QUOTE]

That's absurd, then again I think you are unable and/or unwilling to listen and learn.  My (tangential) point was in response to a poster I respect who wrote that he "respected" Hunter's view even though he disagreed with it.

My response - and feel free to examine and critique it - was that no opinion is automatically deserving of respect.  I chose 3 examples to illustrate that response....two so extreme that I believe no decent person could debate them and the third was an obvious joke.

Perhaps that's too fine a point for the likes of you to understand.

• Sections
    Shortcuts