Do you agree with Tori Hunter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Do you agree with Tori Hunter?

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i don't think hunter is right but i respect his opinion. if you live your life by the bible then you naturally think homosexuality is wrong and would be uncomfortable about it. But then again, J-Bays point is pretty solid. He clearly doesn't hold the teachings of the Bible very dear if he has 4 children with 4 baby mamas.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think every opinion from every person necessarily deserves respect.  For example, should I respect the opinion of those in favour of female circumcision?  Or that of Nazis?  Or Yankee fans?  ;-)))

I don't think Hunter is a bad guy at all, from what I know of him.  But I think he's dead wrong and have no respect for his opinion on this issue.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Here we go - you are comparing Christians to Nazis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

religiously speaking he makes little sense - if he had said he was a Jew, then there is plenty written about homosexuality and morality in the Old Testament...but calling himself a Christian and then saying the Bible condemns being gay is just wrong...I know of no specific thing that his savior, Jesus Christ, said about being gay.....in fact he didn't have much to say about condemning anyone and judging them harshly....just another person who has twisted Chrsitianity into their own prejudices

[/QUOTE]

You are a new Testament illiterate - go back and read it again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't give a damn what Torii Hunter thinks.

He could prove more about his "intelligence" by learning to say "no comment."

[/QUOTE]

Nothing that he's ever said sounded intelligent to me.  I think we tend to give too much credit to people simply for being to converse in the King's English.

Past that, he is not a captive of his religion.  We make fun of Muslims because they dip their daughters in acid because she glanced at a guy.  No matter what your local priest, rabbi, iman, etc., teach you, it is up to you to decide what is right and wrong.

God created the gays, let Him deal with it.

And this is America.  Castle doctrine rules.  If you're not bothering me, I am not bothering you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nothing that he's ever said sounded intelligent to me.  I think we tend to give too much credit to people simply for being to converse in the King's English.

Past that, he is not a captive of his religion.  We make fun of Muslims because they dip their daughters in acid because she glanced at a guy.  No matter what your local priest, rabbi, iman, etc., teach you, it is up to you to decide what is right and wrong.

And this is America.  Castle doctrine rules.  If you're not bothering me, I am not bothering you.

[/QUOTE]

So Hunter should shut up?  Unless he agrees with you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You might as well start talking about what CNN just announced; we are going over the fiscal cliff at midnight. It's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

Just as the Mayans (didn't really) predict, the end of the world. Oh, myyyy!

The Sun will still shine, the Earth will still rotate around the Sun (for some, the reverse for others), the US will still be the most indebted country in the world), many of its citizens will still demand lower taxes despite having by far the lowest overall tax rate of any civilised country in the world, and - the saving Grace for me - the idiotic, ignorant, bigoted "Social Conservative" extreme Right will still continue to poison the chances of "reasonable" conservatives to win the presidency.

Short term?  Makes me happy to keep the rape-deniers out of power.  Long term?  A multi-party choice - where "my team" might not always win - is preferable to where things are going.

Can't wait to see the Republicans grovel to us "immigrants" over the next 4 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did his Christian up bringing also teach, having four children with four women, who weren't his wife, and not in their lives?

[/QUOTE]

Seriously?  Wow.  What an immoral scumbag.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Torii Hunter identifies himself as a Christian. That is not a physical identity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

i don't think hunter is right but i respect his opinion. if you live your life by the bible then you naturally think homosexuality is wrong and would be uncomfortable about it. But then again, J-Bays point is pretty solid. He clearly doesn't hold the teachings of the Bible very dear if he has 4 children with 4 baby mamas.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think every opinion from every person necessarily deserves respect.  For example, should I respect the opinion of those in favour of female circumcision?  Or that of Nazis?  Or Yankee fans?  ;-)))

I don't think Hunter is a bad guy at all, from what I know of him.  But I think he's dead wrong and have no respect for his opinion on this issue.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you really this stupid, or just play acting?  I deliberately put female circumcisers, Nazis AND YANKEE FANS together as examples of views I do not support and view as non-supportable by decent people (one excepted, of course!).  Followed by an emoticon.  And I made no reference to any religion.

Please explain how I compared - nay, mentioned - christians to anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you really this stupid, or just play acting?  I deliberately put female circumcisers, Nazis AND YANKEE FANS together as examples of views I do not espouse and view as non-supportable by decent people (one excepted, of course!).  Followed by an emoticon.  And I made no reference to any religion.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Hunter should shut up?  Unless he agrees with you.

[/QUOTE]

No, he has every right to express his opinion, and I have every right to disagree with his opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you really this stupid, or just play acting?  I deliberately put female circumcisers, Nazis AND YANKEE FANS together as examples of views I do not espouse and view as non-supportable by decent people (one excepted, of course!).  Followed by an emoticon.  And I made no reference to any religion.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Take a logic class.

The thread is about Hunter's Christian beliefs.  The question at hand is do you agree with Hunter.  people are criticizing Hunter's statement.

You role in with "I don't necessarily believe all beliefs should be respected.  Should I respect Nazis?"

This is called make an argument from the extreme - however you are indeed lumping Hunter in with Hitler.

Way to go!  You are a good Massachusetts liberal! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you really this stupid, or just play acting?  I deliberately put female circumcisers, Nazis AND YANKEE FANS together as examples of views I do not support and view as non-supportable by decent people (one excepted, of course!).  Followed by an emoticon.  And I made no reference to any religion.

[/QUOTE]

I was upset that you compared Christians to Yankee fans.  Now that was uncalled for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

religiously speaking he makes little sense - if he had said he was a Jew, then there is plenty written about homosexuality and morality in the Old Testament...but calling himself a Christian and then saying the Bible condemns being gay is just wrong...I know of no specific thing that his savior, Jesus Christ, said about being gay.....in fact he didn't have much to say about condemning anyone and judging them harshly....just another person who has twisted Chrsitianity into their own prejudices

[/QUOTE]
    well tell me exactly what jesus said about homosexuality...

You are a new Testament illiterate - go back and read it again.

[/QUOTE]

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

Take a logic class.

The thread is about Hunter's Christian beliefs.  The question at hand is do you agree with Hunter.  people are criticizing Hunter's statement.

You role in with "I don't necessarily believe all beliefs should be respected.  Should I respect Nazis?"

This is called make an argument from the extreme - however you are indeed lumping Hunter in with Hitler.

Way to go!  You are a good Massachusetts liberal! 

[/QUOTE]

Wow, either you are actually stupid, or an uber-troll along the Softy lines.  For the 3rd time, I posted "female circumcisers, Nazis AND YANKEE FANS together as examples of views I do not espouse and view as non-supportable by decent people (one excepted, of course!)" as examples of views held by people that I do not believe are worthy of respect. 

What do you disagree with from that post?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was upset that you compared Christians to Yankee fans.  Now that was uncalled for.

[/QUOTE]

Let's spare a moment to recognise the most Jewish WS-winning team in MLB WASP history.....the 2004, God-loving, Jesus-denying, Boston Red Sox!  Wahoo!     12% Jesus killer roster!  Pah, that's nuffink, mate.  All  Fakhirs!

{I also

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's spare a moment to recognise the most Jewish WS-winning team in MLB WASP history.....the 2004, God-loving, Jesus-denying, Boston Red Sox!  Wahoo!     12% Jesus killer roster!  Pah, that's nuffink, mate.  All  Fakhirs!

{I also

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]

This thread reminds me of the Carl Crawford vs. the Leominster cop thread back in August.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, what a bunch of "mondays"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

These liberals have destroyed family values.  Hunter is a good Christian, a family man, heck he has three sons all seniors in high school playing football, I'm sure them their boys are triplets.   If only thoughs liberals would leave a good Christian like Hunter alone.   It aint like he said he hates gays, he just don't want any near him.  This country would've been just find if the free love 60s liberal agenda didn't corrupt our morality.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Maybe some people dont like Christians anywhere near them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe softy will change his views somewhat about Tori now that he has taken his side on this issue.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This thread reminds me of the Carl Crawford vs. the Leominster cop thread back in August.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, what a bunch of "mondays"

[/QUOTE]

Forgot about that one... I went through about two Mondays where I remembered that it was not only a day but something else according to the modern age Webster Urban Dictionary.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts