Do you agree with Tori Hunter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Do you agree with Tori Hunter?

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

cast the first stone...remember that sermon?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Jesus concluded it with "Go and sin no more"

Look it up, Mr. Cathechism

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....I don't recall that message of hate through my 12 years of catechism

Not surpsising, since you don't recall a lot of messages from your 12 years of catechism.

[/QUOTE]

seriously Softy...not once did I ever hear of a sermon of hate regarding gays, homosexuals, or even divorced folks..and I went to conservative Italian parish catechism classes...when gays were in the closet (including many church officials) they were not a threat...but now because of civil marriage, they are intolerable, immoral people....

dumb...

cast the first stone...remember that sermon?

[/QUOTE]

They are only a threat to people who care about these things.  My friends and I have conjectured about some of our friends that had issues with minorities.  We thought there were two basics at play.

1-Those that are successful don't treat minorities as a threat.  It is only the unsuccessful that have the animosity.  That's because they recognize that they are at the bottom of the food chain.  And they'd like the homeless minority more than the middleclass minority because the disparity is more stark.

2-This one relates more to gays.  Those with more time on their hands have more issues of these types.  When your life is full, it's an effort to sit in moral judgement of others.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are only a threat to people who care about these things.  My friends and I have conjectured about some of our friends that had issues with minorities.  We thought there were two basics at play.

1-Those that are successful don't treat minorities as a threat.  It is only the unsuccessful that have the animosity.  That's because they recognize that they are at the bottom of the food chain.  And they'd like the homeless minority more than the middleclass minority because the disparity is more stark.

2-This one relates more to gays.  Those with more time on their hands have more issues of these types.  When your life is full, it's an effort to sit in moral judgement of others.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that in this post you are making a moral judgement, right?

My goodness do any of you liberals ever take a logic class or spend anytime thinking before you write/speak?

It's embarrassing to watch you all make moral pronouncements AGAINST moral pronouncements.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

I have a gay son. His choice not mine. I love him dearly. He contributes his time to charities, pays his taxes and is a good citizen. He is well educated (Boston University) With a major in mathematics, he won the award for statistics (even though he never took statistics, in his graduating year. He does not push his belief's on others, but interesting how those against gay;s wish to push theirs on others! While he may never make the kind of money Hunter has, he has done well as an actuary in Boston. He condems no one. Yet Mr Hunter who has totally discraced his religion with 4 kids by 4 moms has the nerve to speak this way.

He has a right to opinion no doubt. But let he who lives without sin cast the first stone! Sorry Tori you should shut up and take a good look at your life, for one day you will meet your maker! And BTW tori, he , your maker, has no hate for his children!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have a gay son. His choice not mine. I love him dearly. He contributes his time to charities, pays his taxes and is a good citizen. He is well educated (Boston University) With a major in mathematics, he won the award for statistics (even though he never took statistics, in his graduating year. He does not push his belief's on others, but interesting how those against gay;s wish to push theirs on others! While he may never make the kind of money Hunter has, he has done well as an actuary in Boston. He condems no one. Yet Mr Hunter who has totally discraced his religion with 4 kids by 4 moms has the nerve to speak this way.

He has a right to opinion no doubt. But let he who lives without sin cast the first stone! Sorry Tori you should shut up and take a good look at your life, for one day you will meet your maker! And BTW tori, he , your maker, has no hate for his children!

[/QUOTE]

You just threw a lot of stones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I threw none my friend. Would you care to point out where? I merely suggested that Tori, look deep into his own self.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A side note for you, I have in fact met my makers. i was leagally dead and was sent back. I have no clue why. But the statement they made to me was very simple "You are not supposed to be here, go back". And yes I did in fact see them.  What was more amazing was the doctors face when he said i lost him and i replied, "I'm still here, don't give up"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

I threw none my friend. Would you care to point out where? I merely suggested that Tori, look deep into his own self.

[/QUOTE]

Come on.  This is getting ridiculous.

You said:   "Yet Mr Hunter who has totally discraced his religion with 4 kids by 4 moms has the nerve to speak this way"

That is a boulder.  He has disgraced his religion? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on.  This is getting ridiculous.

You said:   "Yet Mr Hunter who has totally discraced his religion with 4 kids by 4 moms has the nerve to speak this way"

That is a boulder.  He has disgraced his religion? 

[/QUOTE]

Only rediculous because you cannot defend you charge. You need to move further to the right. Has he lived by his own Bible? Dont worry about gays they won't bother you and are no threat to you or society.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My goodness do any of you liberals ever take a logic class or spend anytime thinking before you write/speak?

It's embarrassing to watch you all make moral pronouncements AGAINST moral pronouncements.

[/QUOTE]

1-No, I am not making a moral judgement.  I am relating a discussion of why people think as they do.  There is a genesis behind all human activities, even among the most crazy of us.  It is vitally important to understand the various rationales behind human behavior.

2-Why do you assume I am a liberal?  Simnply because I do not cater to a monolithic orthodoxy with a singulistic mindset?  Is it not possible to consider oneself as ROC or LOC because you believe 60% one way and 40% the other way?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1-No, I am not making a moral judgement.  I am relating a discussion of why people think as they do.  There is a genesis behind all human activities, even among the most crazy of us.  It is vitally important to understand the various rationales behind human behavior.

2-Why do you assume I am a liberal?  Simnply because I do not cater to a monolithic orthodoxy with a singulistic mindset?  Is it not possible to consider oneself as ROC or LOC because you believe 60% one way and 40% the other way?

[/QUOTE]

You are being way to logical. Obviously you were taught very well! And I could care less if you are a liberal or not! Most will not comprehend your thoughts with intelligence!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

Nonsense.  No "liberal" or "leftist" would ever discuss this issue spontaneously....because such people think it's a non-issue.  It's just the creepy, genitally-obsessed weirdos that raise it over and over again.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Then why did a bunch of liberals come running into this thread denouncing Hunter's "parental proclivities" with full throated howls of indignation?

And think before you say "hypocrisy", Mr. Kettle.

[/QUOTE]

You really are a pathetic saddo.....not even worthy of pity, to be honest.

The OP's post, IMO, was topical and interesting....and obviously would encourage responses.  Liberal this, conservative that.....who cares?

Your father, your mother, you, your offspring(?), your mates(???), etc.  Do you really care who finds others attractive?  If so, why?  Can't you just let others think and do what they want?  Of all the ills of our world, who loves whom, and why, is the bottom of my list, minus one....

....but if you are happy to be a sexless, unloved loser demonisng people unlike yourself then you're welcome to bask in your cauldron of evil.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see Hunter is now apologizing and saying he was misquoted.

[/QUOTE]

It looks like he managed to flush out the bigots and fundamentalists on this forum, however.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A side note for you, I have in fact met my makers. i was leagally dead and was sent back. I have no clue why. But the statement they made to me was very simple "You are not supposed to be here, go back". And yes I did in fact see them.  What was more amazing was the doctors face when he said i lost him and i replied, "I'm still here, don't give up"

[/QUOTE]

You have an interesting life.  IRT your son, one of the reasons I have no issues is because, sooner or later, one of your family members, or someone else close to you, will be gay.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Kitzingen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This most interesting post of this thread was from Promise4You when he spoke of his after death experience and was told to come back here. I've only read books about it before and am pleased to hear a real person talk about it. I find the subject fascinating and rewarding. I've read about ten books on this.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately my experience is true. I wish they would have kept me, then I believe i would have been free of racism,hatred and misunderstanding. While i love my wife and children and would have "possibly missed them, I say this thinking i could have watched over them from a better place". I only hope they accept me the next time around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have an interesting life.  IRT your son, one of the reasons I have no issues is because, sooner or later, one of your family members, or someone else close to you, will be gay.

[/QUOTE]

Amen, we do not have a choice of what they decide, but we have the choice to respect them and love them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to BobLoblaw2005a's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see Hunter is now apologizing and saying he was misquoted.

[/QUOTE]

It looks like he managed to flush out the bigots and fundamentalists on this forum, however.

[/QUOTE]
    No it looks like he is begging for forgiveness to me. And I grant him his wish, at least from me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Someone might want to start another thread titled:

Would Jesus Christ be a Liberal or a Conservative politically?

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but typical thinking. If he were real it would be neither. Having said this, yes someone or thing is waiting for us all. I dont care to be judged by this entity, for they have rejected me once already.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

You sad, lonely man.

Do you really care where your friends, family and offspring find love?  Why?  Isn't it good enough that they find it at all?

I'm a straight guy, fwiw.  I have 2 children......one is "obviously" straight (22) the other (4) is highly likely to be straight given the odds

I have, perhaps like you, many gay friends.....and the most distressing stories are about how their parents denied, demonised, refused to accept what their children "were".  People liike YOU and Softy, and the evil 67redsox don't have even a tiny spot in their heart for someone "not like them". 

Are your children/grandchildren aware of your hatred?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You sad, lonely man.

Do you really care where your friends, family and offspring find love?  Why?  Isn't it good enough that they find it at all?

I'm a straight guy, fwiw.  I have 2 children......one is "obviously" straight (22) the other (4) is highly likely to be straight given the odds

I have, perhaps like you, many gay friends.....and the most distressing stories are about how their parents denied, demonised, refused to accept what their children "were".  People liike YOU and Softy, and the evil 67redsox don't have even a tiny spot in their heart for someone "not like them". 

Are your children/grandchildren aware of your hatred?

[/QUOTE]
    Sonic's, i am not sure who your post is directed at. But i am impressed by what you posted. One might be shocked if they knew how many of their friends are gay. I got over it a long time ago when my son called to tell me he was gay. I actually knew, but to hear it was different. I knew that i loved him no less nor more when he told me. My issue is with people who are so intollorant of people different then them, yet they have things in their own closets which may be worse.  I am NOT a religous person at all. But, I do know that someone or something is waiting for me, to me they looked human, im hoping not based on what I see on earth. To each his own on religion, i have no beef's as long as it does not hurt other people.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are being way to logical. Obviously you were taught very well! And I could care less if you are a liberal or not! Most will not comprehend your thoughts with intelligence!

[/QUOTE]

It seemed fairly obvious to become logical.  I always rooted for Spock instead of Kirk, and always liked the Sheldon character on The Big Bang Theory who has Asperger's.  My mom and dad are both democrats turned republican.  They weren't political, but most of the kids are fairly far to the right, I suspect as a result of being math-oriented.

So I've always been a conservative in the Reagan/Goldwater mold.  But I never understood why I should care about what other people do, as long as it doesn't impact me.  Perhaps not all strains of conservatism are the same.  For me, it was defined as limited gov't, both fiscally and  socially.  Which means, for the most part, I don't want anyone bothering me, especially in my own house.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Someone might want to start another thread titled:

Would Jesus Christ be a Liberal or a Conservative politically?

[/QUOTE]

Neither.  His moral compass would guide his vote, not a political orthodoxy.

Sections
Shortcuts