Do you all now want Mark Texeria?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Do you all now want Mark Texeria?

Mark Texeria have put a very good numbers during the regular season as a Yankees uniform, but his batting average is under .200 during every single post season since he have been with the Yankees.  Him and A-Rod are a playoff choke artist!!

Is it a good thing that Boston got A-Gonz over Mark Texeria?

I know A-Gonz havent play a post season.  I am sure Boston will make it next year only if they all stay healthy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Do you all now want Mark Texeria?

I never said I wanted Texeria.

First, we had Youkilis

Second, Gonzalez is better

Plus, Texeria is a weenie

No reason to give that guy 185 million dollar contract

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Do you all now want Mark Texeria?:
    [QUOTE]Mark Texeria have put a very good numbers during the regular season as a Yankees uniform, but his batting average is under .200 during every single post season since he have been with the Yankees.  Him and A-Rod are a playoff choke artist!! Is it a good thing that Boston got A-Gonz over Mark Texeria? I know A-Gonz havent play a post season.  I am sure Boston will make it next year only if they all stay healthy
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda[/QUOTE]

Agon in postseason with Padres:
    .357 batting avg in 17 plate app. .471 OBP he should be fine in next postseason...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

You always seem to forget about his play in the field, he has saved countless runs ( including a Jeter bad throw which could have cost a few runs in game 4 ) with his great play at first. In 09 his late inning HR basically gave NY a place in the ALCS & and finally a WS ring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Do you all now want Mark Texeria?:
    [QUOTE]You always seem to forget about his play in the field, he has saved countless runs ( including a Jeter bad throw which could have cost a few runs in game 4 ) with his great play at first. In 09 his late inning HR basically gave NY a place in the ALCS & and finally a WS ring.
    Posted by MrDee[/QUOTE]

you didn't know??? Agon has two GG already at 1B.... more to come of course..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I'm sure Ryan Howard was embarrassed by his performance, but, maybe not, he is a member of the PED/HGH MLBPA. Very few of it's members are stand up and accountable persons. The few exceptions are very refreshing. If I was a Philly season ticket holder, I'd expect an apology. That won't happen.
    Posted by SoftlawA1a (Oct 2010)

After reading all those articles by Mazz about how big a failure it was to not get Teix, I am glad to see him come up short. I can't stand Mazz.

Is "superstar profile" Teix going to get the Softy treatment, like Howard got last year?

Post-season OPS:

09    .593
    10    .554
    11    .563

Regular season OBP:

07    .400
    08    .410
    09    .383
    10    .365
    11    .341

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

What some fail to take into account was, the Sox got AGon two years AFTER they tried to sign Texiera.
    That's two years of production in the Sox lineup that they didn't have.
    Imagine him between a hot JBay and Youk in 2009. Perhaps they could have gone all the way, then.
    Texiera is a better fielder than Gonzalez and a better base runner.
    People point to his batting average the last two seasons, but that was far from his normal BA. Plus he produced big numbers at home and on the road.
    Gonzalez's 17 at bats is a tiny sample. If he hits post season like he did when he face good teams this year, he'll stink.
    Plus I don't recall Texiera blaming God and travel for his problems. That's being a weenie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I'd take him over most...His post season numbers aside, the guy is among the best at diggin balls at first and if you look inside the numbers...He's among the best RBI guys in the league every year...

One of the above post used his OBP as a means to show decline to me OPB is a barametor to measure a guys plate disipline and he's maintained about 100 point differentail between batting aver and OBP...His decline is simply his batting avergae that has declined over the last four years...He still makes guy throw strikes and hasn't increased or decreased his strikeouts or base on balls per plate appearance...So it's cleary a case of him not finding grass...

If you look inside the numbers...his struggles are from the leftside of the plate where he's simply become to pull centric...This season totals are more than respectable 39 / 111 / .248/ .341 / 494 / .835...However he hit .224 from the left side and .297 from the right...The decline in his OPS is due inpart to two factors (OBP & Slg). He doesn't get a ton of doubles playing in Yankee stadium (8 this year) where the short porch probably takes away at least 5 or 6 a year and his batting average from the leftside where he gets 2/3rd of his at bats also effect his slugging and obp numbers...His career left right splits before going to New York were practically identical...It's pretty much the samething that happened to Jason Giambi when we went to new york and it's also why Swisher's splits aren't great either...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/4937/type/batting3/mark-teixeira

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I prefer Youk or AGon--now and the past--but I think Teixeira has provided good value for the Yankees. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

So it's cleary a case of him not finding grass...

Well said BTowne.  There have been a quite a few articles which chronicle his problems as a leftie.  His BABIP is interesting b/c the peripheral stats show it is not bad luck but a bad approach. Because he is more lift happy than before many of his peripherals are trending down:

-flyballs up
    -infield flys up
    -line drives down
    -pitchers have thrown less strikes to him 8 straight years
    -swings at more pitches out of strike zone

He’s swinging at more bad pitches and not making hard contact. 

Sections
Shortcuts