Do you believe Ells wants to come back, now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Do you believe Ells wants to come back, now?

What happens to Ells?  It sounds like he keeps to himself; close with a few players..sign of one who has one foot out the door, yeah?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Do you believe Ells wants to come back, now?

His status hasn't changed...we will play two more season unless they trade him and then in the winter of 2014 he will be one of the most sought after FA on the market...He and Boras have made that clear from the begining they have no interest in signing a team friendly deal and will instead go to arbitration where Ell's is likely to get a very handsome incease this year...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I would not blame Ells in the least if he wanted to get out of Boston with the most unsupportive team mates like Youk, smearmongering fans and media that buy into a dolt like Youk, who in fact is a hypocrite. You all are going to miss Ells immensly when he signs with the Yankees and terrorizes our battery with a multitude of stolen bases. Oh, and for sure we will get Matt KempUndecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Nothing IMO has changed. Ellsbury's agent is a big believer in playing year-to-year through arbitration and then using the open market to maximize career earnings.

He was not going to sign an extension last winter or this winter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"You all are going to miss Ells immensly when he signs with the Yankees and terrorizes our battery with a multitude of stolen bases."

But we have Crawford and his $140 mil contract  Cry

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Do you believe Ells wants to come back, now?:
    [QUOTE]I would not blame Ells in the least if he wanted to get out of Boston with the most unsupportive team mates like Youk, smearmongering fans and media that buy into a dolt like Youk, who in fact is a hypocrite. You all are going to miss Ells immensly when he signs with the Yankees and terrorizes our battery with a multitude of stolen bases. Oh, and for sure we will get Matt Kemp
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

They'll be a new sherif in town next year and I am pretty sure that Ells will show up ready to compete...Ellsbury wants to be paid fair open market value...I don't think the uniform has anything to do with it...the kids from Oregon, so I'm pretty sure the'd love to play in Seattle or even San Francisco, but if a team steps up and offers him Crawford moneys...trust me he'll play in Pittsburgh...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yup he will go the Papelbon route for two more years and he better hope he doesn't finish his contract year like Paps did,I wonder who really wants to break the bank for a reliever that blows 3 consecutive saves when they count the most?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Can you blame him. The guys who signed team friendly deals look like chumps who helped payroll turds like Lackey and Crawford.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Why we are worry about him?  He is under a contract until 2013.  So we should worry about him during the 2013 season!!

If he want to go, he better put up a good numbers so he can have a good trade value!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Do you believe Ells wants to come back, now?:
    [QUOTE]Can you blame him. The guys who signed team friendly deals look like chumps who helped payroll turds like Lackey and Crawford.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

actually both of those guys signed team friendly deals buyin out arbitration with their former clubs...End of the day it comes down to financial security v earning potential. Ellsbury is rolling the dice and has millions to lose if say he has a career threatening injury...boras has nothing invested, can't lose and only can reap the rewards of negotiating another 150M plus contract...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think the Sox need to do whatever it takes to sign Ells, Pap, and Pedroia.  These guys have proven that they can play in Boston - not everyone can.

Sections
Shortcuts