do you believe this poll's conclusion of who the SECOND most popular player in all of this here MLB is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

do you believe this poll's conclusion of who the SECOND most popular player in all of this here MLB is?

according to the esteemed St. Leo University, the SECOND most popular player in MLB (and by extension the universe) is not Michael Trout, Verlander, Pujols, Cabrera or anyone named Harper or Ellsbury... but PAPI! yes, y'all. right after the venerated Jeter, its papi.. for the jabros who keep deluding themselves that as a free agent, he couldnt generate atleast $20m is laughable. popularity iis a strength and skill in itself. you dont think there are teams out there (toronto anyone?) who would b glad to scrape up $20m+ to get that fan base energized and to have a real leader in there clubhouse.

you dont want this guy on ur team if ur city were to b attacked (god forbid)? he instantly gets headlines, interest, heck papi may get him some team equity for attendance and the like.. or just flat out 2% minority ownership.. its not just about what u do on the field, its all the background stuff. many here underestimate exactly what pap's presence means off-the-field to this team. without him, even if u win, who u got to max out the casual fan or non-boston fan base towards your team? jonny Gomes? u kiddin me! thats purely localized fool's gold! u think a part-timer has the same effect a as 3-time ring winner who dominated in all 3 of them?

we betta all start maximizing appreciation towards this great man for he wont b around forever! methinks if the Jeter hadnt announced his retirement, that Papi would b #1 with a bullet.. period! like it or not jabros, after the jeter's gone face of this here LEAGUE would now b PAPI! Unless trout wins it all or something crazy like that, he'll have to wait his turn. your value doesnt just come from on the field, which is y you overpay if u must for a pai. yet jabros were whining when he give a discount if strictly measuring his on-the field value.

take joshy hamilton.. if he aint hitting, whats his worth? if papi hits ..244 with 10 HRs and plays 94 games, he's still a STEAL overall!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: do you believe this poll's conclusion of who the SECOND most popular player in all of this here MLB is?

"we betta all start maximizing appreciation towards this great man"

lol. I love Papi but he's not a god. 

You neglected to mention his unflattering steroids connections which have impacted his legacy a tad outside of homerville. 

And his frequent diva comments about being underpaid and trying to feed his family and all that BS. 

That said he is one of the great Boston athletes. I loved how he handled himself with at the ring ceremony today with our public servants and marathon survivors etc. 

He'll get his statue and it will be well deserved. But he's flawed like the rest of us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

Re: do you believe this poll's conclusion of who the SECOND most popular player in all of this here MLB is?

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

You neglected to mention his unflattering steroids connections which have impacted his legacy a tad outside of homerville. 

And his frequent diva comments about being underpaid and trying to feed his family and all that BS. 

That said he is one of the great Boston athletes. I loved how he handled himself with at the ring ceremony today with our public servants and marathon survivors etc. 

He'll get his statue and it will be well deserved. But he's flawed like the rest of us.

ur wrong.. he's better than all of us! papi was sent here from a higher power. he's a prophet because i say he is.. there should b buddha like statues that u c at good chinese establishments everywhere so we can all bow and kneel before it in the name of papiism! u down with p-a-p-i now? his image could do miracles, he could b resurrected, he could turn bread into pie, you could get absolution and salvation.. heck it could get ya outta that there puratory, u dig?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Nice rant...

don't let his recent history as a FA stop you...this is quite entertaining.

The people who critisize Ortiz, rightly or not, are the obvious MINORITY...so rather than wasting your time shoving things in the face of anyone who has anything negative to say...lead by example, and show some of that appreciation you're pining for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

ur wrong.. he's better than all of us! papi was sent here from a higher power. he's a prophet because i say he is.. there should b buddha like statues that u c at good chinese establishments everywhere so we can all bow and kneel before it in the name of papiism! u down with p-a-p-i now? his image could do miracles, he could b resurrected, he could turn bread into pie, you could get absolution and salvation.. heck it could get ya outta that there puratory, u dig?

Actually you're wrong jabro. Athletes like Papi and Vince Wilfork would undeniabley be the greatest leaders in Boston if they would do just one thing ............Shut their Pie hole! Their performance on the field has been nothing short of incredible. More importantly their charity work in the community in and around Boston has been a constant as well. Seriously, they need to S.T.F.U and let their actions speak for them. Their actions alone make them leaders! Ya feel me Jabro? Peace

Go Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the only thing that casts doubt on Papi's legacy is not his egocentric comments about money and respect, it is the plain fact that he is a DH....they never will be seen as total baseball players because theyre not....but he's won three championships so like Tom Brady and Larry Bird, let the canonization begin

Sections
Shortcuts