Do you expect Ortiz and Naps would be in the opening day lineup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Do you expect Ortiz and Naps would be in the opening day lineup?

If not, who do you see at 1B and DH?  I really hope both Ortiz and Naps are healthy and ready to go at full strength on the opening day.  But I'm little concerned about the news that they are little bit behind the schedule.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Do you expect Ortiz and Naps would be in the opening day lineup?

Yes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

If not, who do you see at 1B and DH?  I really hope both Ortiz and Naps are healthy and ready to go at full strength on the opening day.  But I'm little concerned about the news that they are little bit behind the schedule.  

I'm glad they're being conservative with these two.

The Sox are going to need their offense.

Because the Sox are being smart about them, they're be ready by Opening Day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

thanks for the chuckle

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Both Ortiz and Naps better be ready.  

If either of them pull a "San Antonio Spurs" on us, then I will be p*ssed.   LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

thanks for the chuckle

I state that I hope A-Rod has a sucessful rehab and this is the thanks I get? lol

I guess hoping a star player doesn't recover, makes some Yankee fans cranky.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Maybe NAPS.... But NO on "BIG PAPI"  !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

What would we do without your medical input Dr. Bill-806?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

uNLIKE OBAMA-CARE..... I JUST GO WITH THE FACTS..... No baseball player his age (37-42) and weight can come back from the "heel" injury and perform at a required level !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

uNLIKE OBAMA-CARE..... I JUST GO WITH THE FACTS..... No baseball player his age (37-42) and weight can come back from the "heel" injury and perform at a required level !!!!

And you find yet another excuse to interject your right wing politics into the baseball forum. No wonder I admire you so much. If only you could learn to tell the difference between Jack and Bobby Kennedy, you'd be my hero.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

US Senator, Robert Menendez took a private jet to the Dominican Republic and had sex with prostitutes while staying at Dr. Melgen's clinic.  

My health care coverage does not cover private jets or adult entertainment.   LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

thanks for the chuckle

I state that I hope A-Rod has a sucessful rehab and this is the thanks I get? lol

I thank you for the chuckle

and you call me cranky

pass the doritos

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

thanks for the chuckle

I thank you for the chuckle

and you call me cranky

pass the doritos

enough with the sarcasm.. How smart were the Yankees on A-Rod? I bet you guys will be smart again with Robbie and give him 10 yrs.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Funny if the question about Ellsbury or Drew the reactions would be very different

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

Every medical staff in baseball would be handling the Ortiz and Napoli situation the same way which is to be ultra-conservative, patient, and cautious. An achilies injury requires extreme patience and caution. Napoli's problem is genetic and one can only hope that the hip decay slows down, not much that anything other that nutrition can do about it.

Sox should prepare milk in the dugout instead of Gatorade for Naps.  Naps needs to consume lots of calcium.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm sure the Red Sox can afford to go to Whole Foods and stock the clubhouse with overpriced organic goods.   LOL

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Every medical staff in baseball would be handling the Ortiz and Napoli situation the same way which is to be ultra-conservative, patient, and cautious. An achilies injury requires extreme patience and caution. Napoli's problem is genetic and one can only hope that the hip decay slows down, not much that anything other that nutrition can do about it.

Sox should prepare milk in the dugout instead of Gatorade for Naps.  Naps needs to consume lots of calcium.  

we're past the point of milk LOL. What Naps needs in a perscription for medical marijuana... AVN patients (or any patients with circulation issues for that matter) use Cannibus to increase bloodflow. instead of bubblegum, we will see him chewing on Buds in the dugout.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

We didn't get Nap to sit him on the bench and I believe David will be ready.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

There's absolutely nothing to indicate thus far that Ortiz and Napoli won't be ready to start the season on the Opening Day roster.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Funny if the question about Ellsbury or Drew the reactions would be very different

That's true.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Uh. Did they really say that the hip problem is genetic? I didn't know that. How many genetic hip injuries are there to athletes young enough to still be playing baseball? Btw, I've never heard the word "genetic" used to describe any other part of the body in sports. I wonder if that's because hip injuries most of the time are from other causes. Are they now going to use "genetic" to clear players of suspicion?

Didn't they originally say ARod's hip injury was "genetic" as well? You know, before the clinic and all? I'm not sure how much MLB is willing to stop the steroid use if they're just going to still cover up for the problem.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If they are not ready and obviously ARod will be out--possibly Jeter will be on he DL--the cast of characters will perhaps include Carp / Gomez at 1 B/ DH, Gomes, Ells, ShaVic, Pedroia, Salty, WMB, Drew with Dempster pitching against Sabbathia.

It would be nice to have Ortiz and Nap in that lineup--but if they need an extra 2 weeks so be it.

Sections
Shortcuts