Do you extend Varitek?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Do you extend Varitek?

The sad thing is, Salty really hasn't been hitting better than VTek either!

Last 28 days OPS:
    VTek: .582
    Salty: .543

Last 7 days:
    VTek .533  (2 RBI in 2 games)
    Salty .308 (0 RBIs in 4 gms)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Do you extend Varitek?:
    [QUOTE]When it gets to crunch time, Tito reverts to putting the best hitting team on the field. He doesn't respect "catcher relevance". Perhaps he never will, harness. I thought the Crawford to the two slot was desperation and wrong. I've had philosophical differences with Tito for years, but never pretended to know better than him. Now, I am not so sure if he is the right guy for this team anymore.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

We talked about this last year. While many wanted him as manager of the year last year for his dealing with a M.A.S.H squad, we both felt his player deployment was awful. In fact, I felt he peaked in PO's in 2008.

This is not to disregard his assets, which are numerous (I know the bashers will tear this apart). But his weaknesses are changing his managerial portfolio.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I will say this: If Tito can bring this panic-stricken team into the PO's, it may end up his finest hour!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why? You think he will start playing Vtek and move CC to 9th vs RHPs and the bench vs lefties?

I think not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't know what he'll do at this point. But it'll be a miracle if he can right this sinking ship in two games.