Do you have a message for Carl?continues to be critical of his time in Boston-"I want to win all three games. Bad"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Do you have a message for Carl?continues to be critical of his time in Boston-"I want to win all three games. Bad"

Carl Crawford to the LA Times on playing the Red Sox: "I want to win all three games. Bad."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Do you have a message for Carl?continues to be critical of his time in Boston-

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Carl Crawford to the LA Times on playing the Red Sox: "I want to win all three games. Bad." http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0823-dodgers-red-sox-trade-20130823,0,6049628.story#axzz2ckYIqaS0 

Most players feel that way, when facing an ex-team.

I imagine Scutaro felt the same way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Re: Do you have a message for Carl?continues to be critical of his time in Boston-

I wish him well. Just not a good fit for this town. He seems like a good guy. I do hope the Sox win the series but that Dodgers team is pretty locked in right now and the Sox are flailing. Plus the Ortiz/Dempster distraction which takes away from the team unity (and I actually agree with Ortiz and most people. 1 pitch was enough, 2 absolute max. Dempster just overdid it and it backfired on him making him look dumb). Then there are the Farrell pitching moves of the last week. It feels like the Sox have lost some of that magic and the Dodgers are ready to pounce. It will be a very, very difficult series, but it's some good drama.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Can he even stay healthy until the start of the game tonight?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

If you ever looked at player stats, you would know that Crawford has played 88 games this year and has exceeded 109 games played in every season except 2012 and his rookie season.

Unlike Jacoby Ellsbury.

It's comments like that one that fuel Crawford desire to beat the tar out of Boston.

He was never given a chance here, he was criticized from day one, got hurt early and like Lackey he was dailey fodder for the media. Lackey got a second chance, Crawford got traded.

If Crawford was here right now and hitting well, everyone would love him. He is lucky to have been given a chance to go to L.A. where people are less fickle, more laid back and a lot less critical.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

If you ever looked at player stats, you would know that Crawford has played 88 games this year and has exceeded 109 games played in every season except 2012 and his rookie season.

Unlike Jacoby Ellsbury.

It's comments like that one that fuel Crawford desire to beat the tar out of Boston.

He was never given a chance here, he was criticized from day one, got hurt early and like Lackey he was dailey fodder for the media. Lackey got a second chance, Crawford got traded.

If Crawford was here right now and hitting well, everyone would love him. He is lucky to have been given a chance to go to L.A. where people are less fickle, more laid back and a lot less critical.

Great post and I definitely agree with you.  I always liked him and was very happy when the Red Sox signed him.  He just had bad luck when playing for the Red Sox and should be a very good player for the Dodgers for the next few years. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham 

I personally liked Crawford and thought he was treated harshly by some, fans and media. But still whining is unseemly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

My message is "I'm glad the Dodgers are paying you $22M to be a singles hitter who has been on the disabled list more times than you have stolen bases".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

When a player signs a huge contract and does not live up to it, they need to take responsibility for it, not blame the media or fans.....that only aggravates the fans more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Dont matter about Crawford, when the Dodgers brought up Puig, that whole team turned it around. They were doing terrible with these guys in line-up. Puig light the fire.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Unlike Jacoby Ellsbury.

"I personally liked Crawford and thought he was treated harshly by some, fans and media. But still whining is unseemly"

"When a player signs a huge contract and does not live up to it, they need to take responsibility for it, not blame the media or fans.....that only aggravates the fans more."

My answers were already answered.  I shut my mouth on AGon and Punto.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Ellsbury had 2 injury years. It happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

If Crawford was here right now and hitting well, everyone would love him.

No doubt they would...but this comment implies that he's hitting well in LA, when in fact he has a .750 OPS, 5 homers, and 11 steals for over $20 million. I don't think Crawford is a bad guy (though, as others have said, his whining about Boston is annoying), but the contract was a terrible idea from day one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wow, Carl Crawford wants to win games? What a jerk!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I will say however that Boston Pitchers and Catchers better be on alert if he gets on base because he will be running every chance he gets.....just like he did when he was with the rays against us....his statements telegraph that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Dont matter about Crawford, when the Dodgers brought up Puig, that whole team turned it around. They were doing terrible with these guys in line-up. Puig light the fire.

isn't that also the same time iggy I mean Han Ram got healthy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Yeah, I scratch my head when people credit the trade with turning the Dodgers around. Crawford and Gonzalez are having okay years, but nowhere near what you would hope for from players making >20 million. Beckett has been a disaster, again. If I was a Dodgers fan I wouldn't be too happy about what they've gotten so far.

Puig and Han-Ram and a great rotation (Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, etc) picked that team up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I scratch my head when people credit the trade with turning the Dodgers around. Crawford and Gonzalez are having okay years, but nowhere near what you would hope for from players making >20 million. Beckett has been a disaster, again. If I was a Dodgers fan I wouldn't be too happy about what they've gotten so far.

Puig and Han-Ram and a great rotation (Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, etc) picked that team up.

[/QUOTE]

I suppose but until ruby or the other guy does something

I can see a LA fan saying they got craw & agone ( who they seem to  like)for just money

and there seems 2B no shortage of that right now in LA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

This song is dedicated to Carl Crawford:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xebAs_owtAk

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I will say however that Boston Pitchers and Catchers better be on alert if he gets on base because he will be running every chance he gets.....just like he did when he was with the rays against us....his statements telegraph that.

Didn't he swipe five against Varitek in a  game once?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

11 SB's in 15 attempts. 88 games. He doesn't walk much 23 BB's in 332 AB's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Assuming the word 'bad', as in he "wants to beat the Sox bad", was a direct quote, I'd tell him to spend some of his money on a grammar class.  I think the word he was looking for was "badly".

I know, these guys aren't rocket scientists.  They're baseball players. 

Smile

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

Unlike Jacoby Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

Please zilla for quite awhile in Boston he got treated w/ kid gloves. Bottom line while he played for the Sox he was very average. He got dealt he should move on. But truth be told he should speak glowingly of the Red Sox because they made him a very wealthy man. 11 steals so far w/ 5 HRs in 88 gms yeah he should thank John Henry every day.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

You"d figure 20 mil would buy  some plate discipline.

Sections
Shortcuts