Do You have Confidence that Cherry will turn the Red Sox into a consistent Playoff team?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Do You have Confidence that Cherry will turn the Red Sox into a consistent Playoff team?

"This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind limber."

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Do You have Confidence that Cherry will turn the Red Sox into a consistent Playoff team?

I'm not confident that anyone could turn the Red Sox into a contender in the short term.

Ben Cherington may not be the problem.

Red Sox fans should hope Cherington exceeds expectations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I'm not confident that anyone could turn the Red Sox into a contender in the short term.

Hill,

Isn't this the point where you post your list of "irreplaceable" players that are no longer on the Sox?  I'm sure there is someone on this board who hasn't seen it yet. 

If the Sox don't shatter another injury record, if Farrell doesn't lose the club in spring training (as his predecessor did), if more guys play up to their norms than not and Cherington adds a few key pieces, there is no reason to think this team can't be in the hunt.  They certainly have questions, but so does everybody else.  Again, I wouldn't trade rosters with the Orioles or A's right now, and they both made the playoffs last year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Really? whys that? Short term meaning 2 years?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Simply vote yes or no, and any comments will be stricken as a violaton of the rules of this poll.

I'll start it off:

No!

Current vote of confidence election results:  No 1 100% Yes 0 0%

It's hard to say what kind of freedom Ben will have in future decisions after what Theo left us with.  If he played a crucial part in dumping 250mil we need to at the very least have some faith in him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Simply vote yes or no, and any comments will be stricken as a violaton of the rules of this poll.

I'll start it off:

No!

It's hard to say what kind of freedom Ben will have in future decisions after what Theo left us with.  If he played a crucial part in dumping 250mil we need to at the very least have some faith in him.

LL, and Henry along with LAD owners had to OK making a big move like than and from what I understand Ben C negotiated the players coming to Boston...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I'll start it off:

No!

He can turn this team around better than I can. So my answer is YES. And I will just stick to being a Red Sox fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I have complete and utter confidence that Cherington's crtics will NEVER give him credit.  Even if the team goes 161-1, they will blame Cherington for that loss and give credit to Lucchino for putting together the rest of the team.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

I'll start it off:

No!

He can turn this team around better than I can. So my answer is YES. And I will just stick to being a Red Sox fan.

Exactly.

And even though I like to fantasize that I could do better, no one is going to ask me to anyway....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Unlike other sports, the difference in baseball between worst record and best record is only a 20% swing.  Cherington can only do so much, too.  There are a lot of other factors, including health and luck.

Really, if the Sox get another pitcher and can keep Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz, and Middlebrooks all ehatlhy for a season for once, I would not rule them out of anything.

I have less faith in Farrell than I do in Cherington, but I hope he can get the job done.. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Really? whys that? Short term meaning 2 years?

Advancing to the postseason in the next two years, after failing with a star-studded lineup the past three years, would be an impressive feat indeed.

I know well that fans of a last-place club have high hopes and aspirations for their team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I have complete and utter confidence that Cherington's crtics will NEVER give him credit.  Even if the team goes 161-1, they will blame Cherington for that loss and give credit to Lucchino for putting together the rest of the team.

Lol...It's a New England birth right to be able to b*tch and moan about the Red Sox, and the unprecedented success of the last decade under this management group has actually caused some fans pain. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmr2318. Show kmr2318's posts

Zero confidence.  The guy is a total stooge and an empty suit.  When David Ross is your big acquistion so far this offseason then NASA we have a problem.

Toronto just passed us by with their mega deal (Ben C was exploring the same players).  Next floor basement please.   I don't think Ben C is a the bold visionary GM the Sox need.  I am realistic so don't expect the playoffs next season.  It will take 2-3 years to turnaround the club but this guy is way too conservative on acquisitions and holding minor leaguers.

Jay Johnson would have been a great front line starter and I think he should go in on Justin Upton.  The Sox of the future need a blend of youth farm kids and some young proven MLB talent to fill the wholes on this team.  We have payroll...spend some now and save some for future years when free agent class is better.   I see no evidence of improement so far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I have less faith in Farrell than I do in Cherington, but I hope he can get the job done.. 

[/QUOTE]

Just the opposite for me - i think Farrell might be a good hire despite his underperformance in Toronto...he will make the players relax and they need that after 2011 nonsense and valentine's theatrics.....Ben I have no faith in.....simply too cautious and slow to see what is in front of him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

yes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to bigdog1's comment:

yes.

i 2nd that....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to kmr2318's comment:

Zero confidence.  The guy is a total stooge and an empty suit.  When David Ross is your big acquistion so far this offseason then NASA we have a problem.

Toronto just passed us by with their mega deal (Ben C was exploring the same players).  Next floor basement please.   I don't think Ben C is a the bold visionary GM the Sox need.  I am realistic so don't expect the playoffs next season.  It will take 2-3 years to turnaround the club but this guy is way too conservative on acquisitions and holding minor leaguers.

Jay Johnson would have been a great front line starter and I think he should go in on Justin Upton.  The Sox of the future need a blend of youth farm kids and some young proven MLB talent to fill the wholes on this team.  We have payroll...spend some now and save some for future years when free agent class is better.   I see no evidence of improement so far.

it's so early in the off-season..i don't understand how anybody can cry like this...so 2 or 3 teams in MLB made moves...all the rest of teams are doomed? it's so stupid.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from elktonnick. Show elktonnick's posts

I have very little confidence in Cherrington.  I am not impressed with the Farrell hire.   I expect next year will be a long one.  I think this team will struggle for a number of years.  They'll be lucky not to finish in the cellar.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to elktonnick's comment:

I have very little confidence in Cherrington.  I am not impressed with the Farrell hire.   I expect next year will be a long one.  I think this team will struggle for a number of years.  They'll be lucky not to finish in the cellar.

how do you know this? we don't even have our team yet? we did not sign anyone yet? or made any trades? how can you say that? unreal..no faith...for me i expect this team to be in the playoffs..we have a core we just have to add the right players...it's not that hard...some of you people seem like you guys have a loser mentality it's unreal...most people like that also have it in life...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Yes

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

No

Sections
Shortcuts