Do you know what "Poetic Justice" Is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Do you know what "Poetic Justice" Is?

It's what happens when you try to win at all costs including allowing a known cheater to continue to play on your team.........  

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9712899/new-york-yankees-shut-cc-sabathia-hamstring-injury

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Do you know what

Geez,..

I hope you're getting more work soon.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't think "allowing" is he proper term. Under the current rules of MLB the appeal process takes the decision away from Girardi and Cashman. Frankly this is not a "curse" or some sort of strange voodoo at work here. C.C. is a competitor and love him or hate him ( I really don't love or hate the guy, just respect him for his ability) , it is kind of sad what has become of his career, however, he still makes a boatload of money, so I am withholding any tears. With or without the current version of Sabathia the Yankees are a longshot to make any more progress this season, so why not shut him down?

"Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket."- George Orwell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You can allow the player to APPEAL but you need not play him.

Look at what the Giants did w/ former yankee "great" Melky Cabrera........

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to tyrionranical's comment:

welcome back andrewmitch.  I see you're still a miserable obnoxious cvnt

welcome to the board with your first post

and your last one that i will read

gotta love an internet tough guy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyrionranical. Show tyrionranical's posts

tough would have been if i said i could beat you up.  I was merely making an observation about someone who has posted nothing but complaining, old vendettas (Gomes vs. Crisp?  COMEON), and multiple ridiculous Yankee bashing (yes, we all dislike them ... they also aren't even relevant enough right now to bash).

And yes, after years of just reading this forum you actually inspired me to create a login and make my first post, just to call you a name.  Congrats, even Bill and Softlaw couldn't inspire that out of me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

You can allow the player to APPEAL but you need not play him.

Look at what the Giants did w/ former yankee "great" Melky Cabrera........

why don't you

just like nyy SF let him play during his appeal

this guy must really be slow or have me on ignore

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyrionranical. Show tyrionranical's posts

also, to the rest of you, I appologize for the name-calling.  This is generally a decent board and I enjoy reading it and don't normally feel the need to contribute (either positively or negatively).  

This guy is just ridiculous though.  At least with Softy and Bill, I assume they're just trolling.  I think the OP is for real though.  Anyways, carry on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

also, to the rest of you, I appologize for the name-calling.  This is generally a decent board and I enjoy reading it and don't normally feel the need to contribute (either positively or negatively).  

This guy is just ridiculous though.  At least with Softy and Bill, I assume they're just trolling.  I think the OP is for real though.  Anyways, carry on.

Andrewmitch is just very opinionated. There is nothing wrong with his post, I have agreed and disagreed with him many times. I have strong opinions too. There was no need to respond to Andrew as you did. If you disagree with him, state your own opinion. If you don't like him, ignore his posts. I don't understand why it is "ridiculous" to make an anti-Yankee post on a Red Sox board ( especially one not done maliciously). I have stated my disagreement with the context of his post , but not with his right to make it.

Many of us longtime posters take a dim view of people with low #s of posts calling us out, although that doesn't make it okay for people with high posting #s either. If you are new at posting here, you certainly have a strange way of gaining friends by calling people filthy names. It is childish and against board rules....( note that your response was deleted while Andrew's post remains intact, as it should be), and your 2nd post should be deleted too , as it offers no rebuttal or value to the current topic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Andrewmitch is just very opinionated. There is nothing wrong with his post, I have agreed and disagreed with him many times. I have strong opinions too. There was no need to respond to Andrew as you did. If you disagree with him, state your own opinion. If you don't like him, ignore his posts. I don't understand why it is "ridiculous" to make an anti-Yankee post on a Red Sox board ( especially one not done maliciously). I have stated my disagreement with the context of his post , but not with his right to make it.

Many of us longtime posters take a dim view of people with low #s of posts calling us out, although that doesn't make it okay for people with high posting #s either. If you are new at posting here, you certainly have a strange way of gaining friends by calling people filthy names. It is childish and against board rules....( note that your response was deleted while Andrew's post remains intact, as it should be), and your 2nd post should be deleted too , as it offers no rebuttal or value to the current topic.

:)

That's more poetic justice

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The problem with andrew is that if you disagree with him aggressively, he puts you on ignore. I didn't call him names nor insult him personally. I disagreed with some posts that I felt were beyond ridiculous and it was his opinion I was disagreeing with, yet he couldn't take it and put me on ignore.

If you're going to be so opinionated and state those opinions so intensely, you should be able to take the heat when someone disagrees equally intensely. Yet any time anyone does, he puts them on ignore, not simply the ones who call him names.

That's the difference between you and him. I've disagreed with your view of things at times and stated my views, but I think (and hope) I've always responded respectfully. I've always respected your opinion even when I've disagreed because you deserve that respect. I've also agreed with you many times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

The problem with andrew is that if you disagree with him aggressively, he puts you on ignore. I didn't call him names nor insult him personally. I disagreed with some posts that I felt were beyond ridiculous and it was his opinion I was disagreeing with, yet he couldn't take it and put me on ignore.

If you're going to be so opinionated and state those opinions so intensely, you should be able to take the heat when someone disagrees equally intensely. Yet any time anyone does, he puts them on ignore, not simply the ones who call him names.

That's the difference between you and him. I've disagreed with your view of things at times and stated my views, but I think (and hope) I've always responded respectfully. I've always respected your opinion even when I've disagreed because you deserve that respect. I've also agreed with you many times.

[/QUOTE]

Meh, Ive had my share of battles with andrewmitch, and have given as good as I got. Thats just how it is. You yell at each other a couple of times and move on. I dont think theres any malice, thats just mitch being mitch. Using the c word was probably a bit much. Thay would provoke anyone on here, let alone AM. He was actually a lot nicer than I would have been if a poster pulled that one out on me. I never use vulgarity or cuss words, but have been known to cut offenders to ribbons, sometims to a fault....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Geez,..

I hope you're getting more work soon.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

Ehhhh.....would you hire him??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Meh, Ive had my share of battles with andrewmitch, and have given as good as I got. Thats just how it is. You yell at each other a couple of times and move on. I dont think theres any malice, thats just mitch being mitch. Using the c word was probably a bit much. Thay would provoke anyone on here, let alone AM. He was actually a lot nicer than I would have been if a poster pulled that one out on me. I never use vulgarity or cuss words, but have been known to cut offenders to ribbons, sometims to a fault....

[/QUOTE]

And there have been others who did nothing more than disagree with andrew in the same tone as andrew's and the next thing you know, andrews telling us he's putting that poster on ignore. so go figure.

I've never put anyone on ignore and I've had posters call me arrogant and other descriptions for nothing more than stating my opinion and defending it strongly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I don't know if you said this (I dont think so?) but I certainly don't just put people on ignore for disagreeing with me.  But if I wanted to, so what?  I guess some people can't handle being made irrelevant (the way yankee fans can't handle their team being irrelevant)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It's what happens when you try to win at all costs including allowing a known cheater to continue to play on your team.........  

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9712899/new-york-yankees-shut-cc-sabathia-hamstring-injury

Me-thinks you're obssessed with the wrong team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Me-thinks you're obssessed with the wrong team

But I have 2 favorite teams............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Roy, you're a better man than me.  Since A_itch is so offbase, petty, and stubborn, he's not really worth the time and energy for engaging in "discussion."  Since he's going to put me on ignore anyway, I might as well have some fun with it and insult him for my own and other's amusement.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Roy, you're a better man than me.  Since A_itch is so offbase, petty, and stubborn, he's not really worth the time and energy for engaging in "discussion."  Since he's going to put me on ignore anyway, I might as well have some fun with it and insult him for my own and other's amusement.

I'm thinking being on his ignore list

as a badge of honor

makes him look like a coward though

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

I'm thinking being on his ignore list

as a badge of honor

makes him look like a coward though

Good point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I can understand the idea of not playing Slappy during his appeal process if the Yankees are thoroughly convinced he is guilty. On the other hand up until a week or two ago they were trying to get into the playoffs. Is it right to deny decent players like Mo and Jeter and Cano etc the best possible chance to reach the postseason? Isn't that also punishing them? Like him or not, Slappy is an upgrade over whoever was playing 3B before he came back.
    Furthermore, even if I was convinced that the ethical thing to do was to sit him, as Andrewmitch apparently is, I would not be starting threads bashing what the Yankees have done this year. Thats gloating. Out of respect to the many good Yankee fans who visit this site its probably better to just let events transpire without much comment. I am sure they feel badly enough about this season without gloat threads foisted upon them.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I can understand the idea of not playing Slappy during his appeal process if the Yankees are thoroughly convinced he is guilty. On the other hand up until a week or two ago they were trying to get into the playoffs. Is it right to deny decent players like Mo and Jeter and Cano etc the best possible chance to reach the postseason? Isn't that also punishing them? Like him or not, Slappy is an upgrade over whoever was playing 3B before he came back.
    Furthermore, even if I was convinced that the ethical thing to do was to sit him, as Andrewmitch apparently is, I would not be starting threads bashing what the Yankees have done this year. Thats gloating. Out of respect to the many good Yankee fans who visit this site its probably better to just let events transpire without much comment. I am sure they feel badly enough about this season without gloat threads foisted upon them.

Good post

But.......That wouldn't be the yankee mgt punishing Jeter, etc....I was ARod.......and what about what the Giants did w/ the Milk Man?

Am I gloating?  You betchya.  I've been waiting a long time for this.  2004 was great.  2007 was better......but 2013 is the final phase of The Red Sox taking their rightful seat back as baseball royalty whilst making the yankees irrelevant; just as it was back for the first ever World Series........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Good post

But.......That wouldn't be the yankee mgt punishing Jeter, etc....I was ARod.......and what about what the Giants did w/ the Milk Man?

Am I gloating?  You betchya.  I've been waiting a long time for this.  2004 was great.  2007 was better......but 2013 is the final phase of The Red Sox taking their rightful seat back as baseball royalty whilst making the yankees irrelevant; just as it was back for the first ever World Series........

The Giants had one approach; the Yankees have another. I cannot fault the Yankee franchise for doing everything they possibly can to make the playoffs. Look, I detest Slappy too. He is a pox on the sport. However the Yankees owe it to their players and fans to do everything they legally can do to WIN, including playing a guy who is as of right now, not suspended.
    As for gloating, its not for me. I know that the next time the Yankees beat the snot out of us in the playoffs or prevent us from making them I do not want to read gloat threads from Yankee fans. Furthermore, I view it as kicking those decent Yankee fans who come here to participate while they are down. Its not for me.

That said, I sure hope the Yankees lose every single game for all eternity.