Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp?

In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp?:
    [QUOTE]Why does it matter? If you mix a chocalate shake with a vanilla shake, what do you call it? Who cares? Obama minions, press propagandists and the Feds care. Obama is Black, just ask someone on a street corner. Joe, you are truly a tool. Reality cannot exist in the mind of a politically correct drone. You are worthless mind, Joe.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Sorry, if it my constant reminders to you to try to think logically that caused you to snap, then I apologize.  But this all relates back to your inability to admit when you're wrong.  This all started with you posting, every single day, that we needed to get rid of Ellsbury at practically any cost.  Now he's the best player in BB according to WAR.

Just admit to yourself that you were wrong, and you can move back onto a regular BB conversation.  You still have the ability to hold a first-rate BB conversation, but like a not insignicant portion of the population, you spend more time trying to defend obviously wrong conclusions than trying to discuss when you're right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

The day he admits he was wrong about Ellsbury is the day i quit posting. First off he cant even admit he is the ret@rd known as Softlaw. Secondly he has went way too deep to back off Jacoby now. His only hope is his dream of a career threatning injury comes true. He is a clown. Sorry to all clowns.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hank,
    You called someone a prevaricator (a person who lies) with my post above it.  I don't take any offense.  I am just not going to give Ortiz a pass.  If he proves me wrong and has a season where he is an impact player I will be glad to admit it. 

He won't though and his limitations will be more evident every game he plays in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You called someone a prevaricator (a person who lies) with my post above it.  I don't take any offense.

He learns a new word, then has to use it five times a day to get into regular usage.

Oddly enough, that's what the original Law used to do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Grand Prevaricator is softy:

1) Lied about (denied saying) Jacoby could never keep his OBP above .340 for a full season.
    2) Lied about Wake walking more batters since 2009 than his career norm.
    3) Lied about his 50-50 statement about AGon being traded last winter.
    4) Lied about Ellsbury seeing more fatsballs this year due to AGon in the line-up.
    5) Lied about his projection that Mauer would get about $17M/year from MN.
    6) Lied about his projection that AGon would get about $17-18M/year from Boston by claiming that his 2011 season pays counts towards the extension.
    7) Lied countless times about my and others' positions on this forum.
    8) Lied countless other times about his own past positions.
    9) Distorts and and distracts from the truth by cherry-picking data to fit his viewpoint. For example, he tries to convince people that VTek is not a reliable back-up catcher because he "could not finish the last 2 seasons", when in fact, Vtek missed just one game at the end of this season and actually caught more innings than all but 2 back-up catchers in MLB.
    10) Lies about not making racist and other prejudicial comments and ad hom attacks on nearly everyone on this site.

The list could go on and on...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Joe, your ape intelligence can't even remember a word 5 times. Ellsbury and one season in front of Pedroia and Agon does not the best player in baseball make. You buy, I sell, from the biggest choke regular season in MLB history.

And to the circle jerk, Moonslob, you deny wanting to pay Adam Dunn a fortune, among your other nonsense. Trust me, no one cares to read your nonsense, as it offers nothing that a child couldn't Google. People don't admit their pride and prejudice, so I rest easy knowing that I don't write to please anyone. You are worse than reading press releases from a member of the Great Society, which produced idiots like you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Joe, your ape intelligence can't even remember a word 5 times. Ellsbury and one season in front of Pedroia and Agon does not the best player in baseball make. You buy, I sell, from the biggest choke regular season in MLB history.

You're complaining to the wrong person.  I don't make the decisions.  File a lawsuit against Fangraphs.  They made the call, not me.

Jacoby EllsburyRed Sox15873221232119105397.1 %13.4 %.230.336.321.376.552.40215015.61.29.4
    Matt KempDodgers161689195391151264010.7 %23.1 %.262.380.324.399.586.419171-4.62.98.7
    Jose BautistaBlue Jays14965515543105103920.2 %16.9 %.306.309.302.447.608.441181-4.82.78.3
    Dustin PedroiaRed Sox15973119521102912611.8 %11.6 %.167.325.307.387.474.37713417.9-0.98.0
    Ryan BraunBrewers15062918733109111339.2 %14.8 %.265.350.332.397.597.433179-3.83.37.8
    Ian KinslerRangers15572315832121773012.3 %9.8 %.223.243.255.355.477.37012815.05.87.7
    Miguel CabreraTigers16168819730111105215.7 %12.9 %.241.365.344.448.586.436177-3.8-2.87.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Fangraphs WAR is a cost based value analysis, not team fit or player performance. In addition, more than the one year of record Red Sox losers collapse needs to be included in fangraphs. Needless to say, you have a player rated ahead of superstar players. And for that, you are a fool.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

I don't know where some posters get their low numbers.  If Ortiz walks he will get $10m x 2yr or better.  He is the best DH, available or otherwise, and there is definitely a market for that.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]You have got to be kidding. Ortiz has been one of the most adored baseball players in Boston sports history. Read this board, prevaricator. Ortiz was one of the top producing hitters in all of baseball, this year. Yet, Boston sentiment is to pinch pennies and let him go, with feigned claims of age and market cost. Varitek and Wastefield were gifted nearly 6 million in 2011, and should be run out of town in a rail. Yet they are, by many, offered a welcome mat.  And Joe, knock off the Latino considered patronizing comment. Ortiz is Black, or Obama is considered White, you prevaricating jerk! 
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]
    Ortiz had 8 rbi's for the entire month of September. He's in the sunset period of his career. When a season ends so badly for a player of advanced age; its hard not to assume that the grind of a long season caught up with him. The two seasons before; Ortiz had the good fortune of starting off badly and finishing well. They picked up his option because of it. Shouldn't he be judged and valued accordingly by his poor finish, just as he was rewarded for it in year's past? At that age; your skills could vanish at anytime. Show me a power hitter in the last 5 years over the age of 36 who equaled or improved on his numbers from the prior year??

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp? : Ortiz had 8 rbi's for the entire month of September. He's in the sunset period of his career. When a season ends so badly for a player of advanced age; its hard not to assume that the grind of a long season caught up with him. The two seasons before; Ortiz had the good fortune of starting off badly and finishing well. They picked up his option because of it. Shouldn't he be judged and valued accordingly by his poor finish, just as he was rewarded for it in year's past? At that age; your skills could vanish at anytime. Show me a power hitter in the last 5 years over the age of 36 who equaled or improved on his numbers from the prior year?? Posted by pri360 [/QUOTE ] greetings Pri Shouldn't he be judged and valued accordingly by his poor finish, just as he was rewarded for it in year's past? U R judging him on 1  bad  month vs several good months 2 yrs ago At that age; your skills could vanish at anytime. Show me a power hitter in the last 5 years over the age of 36 who equaled or improved on his numbers from the prior year?? berkman just misses while I agree your post has merit I'm thinking if you are going to knock his potential based on lack of RBI's in  a sept he had a 400 OBP it must be mentioned that his 2nd worse month in '11 was april which he did bounce back at age of 36
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp? : Ortiz had 8 rbi's for the entire month of September. He's in the sunset period of his career. When a season ends so badly for a player of advanced age; its hard not to assume that the grind of a long season caught up with him. The two seasons before; Ortiz had the good fortune of starting off badly and finishing well. They picked up his option because of it. Shouldn't he be judged and valued accordingly by his poor finish, just as he was rewarded for it in year's past? At that age; your skills could vanish at anytime. Show me a power hitter in the last 5 years over the age of 36 who equaled or improved on his numbers from the prior year?? Posted by pri360 [/QUOTE ] greetings Pri Shouldn't he be judged and valued accordingly by his poor finish, just as he was rewarded for it in year's past? U R judging him on 1  bad  month vs several good months 2 yrs ago At that age; your skills could vanish at anytime. Show me a power hitter in the last 5 years over the age of 36 who equaled or improved on his numbers from the prior year?? berkman just misses while I agree your post has merit I'm thinking if you are going to knock his potential based on lack of RBI's in  a sept he had a 400 OBP it must be mentioned that his 2nd worse month in '11 was april which he did bounce back at age of 36

Hey zac -- Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and the Board. What we have is a player with significantly lower numbers in the 2008-2010 time period (though not successive) from the years prior. Then you have a strong bounceback year for a player that just turned 36.

I don't trust Jeter's resurgence; and am skeptical that Ortiz can repeat those numbers. So many teams have gotten burned by signing everyday players in the 35 plus age group; that I think paying Ortiz like he's still 33 or 34 years old just because he had the numbers (in 2011); is a big mistake. As a Yankee fan; I hope they sign him for 3 years ....... but as an observer ....... I think it will prove to be bad signing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Someone, I don't know who will offer him 2 years @ $11 mil with a 3rd year option. The question is can Boston find 30 HR's, 100 rbi's elsewhere and cheaper?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp? : thanks pri   I hope your Tday was as good as mine I agree 3yrs is to much and I'm not suggesting the sox should sign him but I am suggesting that he will still be the best DH in BB next  yr and that they will miss him more than most here  imply  his worse 2 months also happen the be the sox 2 most horrendous months in yrs   april & sept that's got to count 4 something

fair enough zac - unless you consider young in Texas a true DH (plays first sometimes), and he makes 16M a year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]The sox have until 11:00 pm tonight to make the offer. If they do offer it, the outcome will not be in ortiz's favor.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

I think the outcome will be either way.

Reason I am saying that, what if Boston do not know what are these offers that Papi have been receiving from the other teams which he stated that there are five teams that are interested in him.  What if one team may offer him 3 years for only 24MM while Boston is thinking making an one year abritration deal for possible 14 mm to Papi.  Then I strongly think that Papi could possible accept Boston's deal instead, and then hopefully he have another good year.  Once 2012 season is over, he will test the free agency again.  It is possible he will find 2 years for 16mm.  If that is the case, he will making 30mm in three years period.   That is why I do think the outcome may favor in Papi.

Unless Boston know what are these offers from these teams that have made to Papi, and then they can either use that leverage to accept the one year deal by tonite or not.  

I strongly think that Boston have no idea how much these teams are paying him which mean it is going to be a tough decision for Boston to whether to make a deal or not by tonite.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Can Ortiz get a better deal (say 2 years) on the open market that tops what he'll make here in arbitration in ONE year?  I'd be interested to see if he can since he made what, 12 mil last year?  He'll get a raise on top of that in arb.

Arbitration is not a bad deal for Ortiz, and if he performs again, the Sox would be happy to pay him arb dollars again next year.  The onus is on him to perform though, and he wants years guaranteed. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]I think ortiz has a situation on his hands.  I doubt if any teams will talk to him at any depth until after dec. 7th.  After the 7th the phone lines will ring but I think david is in a severe reality check on his worth.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]
    Or his agent can find what the market would be for him, either take the 16 million or try and sign a multiyear deal. It looks really good right now if you are Ortiz you are guarrrenteed to make more in 12 then in 11 and you might even get a 3 year deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Let him walk. if he wants to be a Red Sox, it's a 2-year contract maximum

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Let him walk. if he wants to be a Red Sox, it's a 2-year contract maximum
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    Kind of late now since they offered him arbitration.

Sections
Shortcuts