Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp?

In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp? : Or his agent can find what the market would be for him, either take the 16 million or try and sign a multiyear deal. It looks really good right now if you are Ortiz you are guarrrenteed to make more in 12 then in 11 and you might even get a 3 year deal.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Hey Joe, how do you figure Ortiz will get $16 million?  If he puts in for that and the Sox put in for $12 million, I think the Sox win that case.  I find it difficult to believe that an arbiter would give Ortiz twice as much as a DH signed for last year.  Even is his agent compares him with Young, the Sox can counter and say that Young can play multiple positions in the field.  

Another interesting thought just occurred to me.  Epstein never let a case go to arbitration.  I wonder if Cherington will keep the streak alive.  If Ortiz accepts, I see the Sox putting in for $12 million and Ortiz for $14 million and then signing for $13 million to avoid the arbitration.  Else he signs for 2 years at $20 million.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If this goes arb - I think he gets between 14 - 16 million. He one the Silver Slugger for DH's. That will be big. SOX should offer 2 years for 25 Mill with a 3rd year option.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I haven't read the NYC papers in recent weeks. What is the latest on the Yankees. Both you and Pinstripes must be under a gag order.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Do you offer Papi Arbitration or let him Walk with no Comp?:
    [QUOTE]Fangraphs WAR is a cost based value analysis, not team fit or player performance. In addition, more than the one year of record Red Sox losers collapse needs to be included in fangraphs. Needless to say, you have a player rated ahead of superstar players. And for that, you are a fool.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Not my rating.  I just pasted the Fangraphs' ratings.

Send them a nice long letter telling them that, since you decided for no reason to hate the guy, that should be a good basis for downgrading the guy.