Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology?

In Response to Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology?:
    [QUOTE]Nice start for Tim. 5 2/3 innings, scoreless innings. Do you owe him an apology?
    Posted by DPapiOrtiz[/QUOTE]

Francona owes him an appology.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

He does for pulling him after one single and using Junkpile. I just don't understand his decisions.

In Response to Re: Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology? : Francona owes him an appology.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Absolutely.

Even I had my doubts.

Kudos to Tim!!!!!

and thanks, DPapi, for holding our feet to the fire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Crickets from softy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

It's the potato salad!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Do crickets eat potato salad?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Why do we always go to the self flagellation????

I'm one of the BIGGEST Wake fans, but I can understand those who were more than nervous about giving him this start with a sweep on the line.

I felt the same way when the apologize to Dice-K posts started by the "I told you so" crowd.  Now that was truly a theater of the absurd.  Dice-K had been giving us ALL fits for 2 years.  Consistently walking too many, done in 4 - 5 innings, getting shelled, pulling the "I was hurt" routine once he got back to Japan (which was news to the coaching staff), the "I don't like the Red Sox training system in the off season," the "sorry, guess I should have mentioned blowing out my arm in the World Classic," the "hold on while my translator explains to me that Tek wants me to put the ball close to the plate," routine..................  & on & on it went...................................

BUT!!!!!!  He pitches ONE good game, and the "I told you so, you better say you're sorry, I'm an only child & you can't say things I don't like because my parents told me I'm so smart CROWD starts SCREAMING that WE ALL have to say we're sorry??????  Are you f'n kiddin me?!?!?!?!

NOW!  Before you go off on me.  I LOVE WAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The guy is a living, playing, legend for the Red Sox.  I think he deserved this start, & pitched a Hell of a game!!!!  Francona BLEW that win for him.  I have no problem with his decision to bring Jenks in, but not yanking him after the 1st, 
    2nd, or third walk & several wild pitches was INEXCUSABLE!!!!

ALSO...........   I'm more than thrilled with the way Dice-K has pitched in his last 3 starts.  He really looks like an All Star!!!!!!  BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would love to know what was the final straw in "getting to him?"  Why does he seem SO DIFFERENT?  Why does he suddenly seem to be hitting his spots, picking up the pace, avoiding the walks, running up his pitch count with unnecessary wild throws & incessant nibbling, etc. etc.......................

AND WHY on earth would anyone owe this guy an apology because he finally has started doing what he is making big $$$$$$$$$$ to do?  Why does the majority of RSN owe HIM an apology after HE has been refusing to listen to the coaching staff for well over 2 years??????

As for Wake???????  I don't like the guys who simply indiscriminately knock Wake & give him NO RESPECT after ALL HE HAS DONE FOR THE RSN.  Those people are idiots!!!!  I'm talking about the mentality of thinking that the Red Sox FANS who express legitimate concerns about one of our guys, OWE said guy an apology once they start doing better.  Hey, these are big boys & they FULLY understand that fans are not gonna show them "the love" when their stinking up the joint.  THEY GET IT!!!

What WE DO OWE THEM is to root like hell when they're out there, acknowledge what their struggling with, acknowledge when they do turn it around & give them HUGE props!!!!!!!!!!!   Unlike GM who can't stand it when a guy like Els. or Lowrie PROVES HIM WRONG!!!!

DPapiOrtiz,

I'm not knocking you!  It's just the APOLOGIZE NOW crowd   :)

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Great win today!!!!  Wish Wake got it!!! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

[QUOTE]Why do we always go to the self flagellation???? I'm one of the BIGGEST Wake fans, but I can understand those who were more than nervous about giving him this start with a sweep on the line. I felt the same way when the apologize to Dice-K posts started by the "I told you so" crowd.  Now that was truly a theater of the absurd.  Dice-K had been giving us ALL fits for 2 years.  Consistently walking too many, done in 4 - 5 innings, getting shelled, pulling the "I was hurt" routine once he got back to Japan (which was news to the coaching staff), the "I don't like the Red Sox training system in the off season," the "sorry, guess I should have mentioned blowing out my arm in the World Classic," the "hold on while my translator explains to me that Tek wants me to put the ball close to the plate," routine..................  & on & on it went................................... BUT!!!!!!  He pitches ONE good game, and the "I told you so, you better say you're sorry, I'm an only child & you can't say things I don't like because my parents told me I'm so smart CROWD starts SCREAMING that WE ALL have to say we're sorry??????  Are you f'n kiddin me?!?!?!?! NOW!  Before you go off on me.  I LOVE WAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy is a living, playing, legend for the Red Sox.  I think he deserved this start, & pitched a Hell of a game!!!!  Francona BLEW that win for him.  I have no problem with his decision to bring Jenks in, but not yanking him after the 1st,  2nd, or third walk & several wild pitches was INEXCUSABLE!!!! ALSO...........   I'm more than thrilled with the way Dice-K has pitched in his last 3 starts.  He really looks like an All Star!!!!!!  BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would love to know what was the final straw in "getting to him?"  Why does he seem SO DIFFERENT?  Why does he suddenly seem to be hitting his spots, picking up the pace, avoiding the walks, running up his pitch count with unnecessary wild throws & incessant nibbling, etc. etc....................... AND WHY on earth would anyone owe this guy an apology because he finally has started doing what he is making big $$$$$$$$$$ to do?  Why does the majority of RSN owe HIM an apology after HE has been refusing to listen to the coaching staff for well over 2 years?????? As for Wake???????  I don't like the guys who simply indiscriminately knock Wake & give him NO RESPECT after ALL HE HAS DONE FOR THE RSN.  Those people are idiots!!!!  I'm talking about the mentality of thinking that the Red Sox FANS who express legitimate concerns about one of our guys, OWE said guy an apology once they start doing better.  Hey, these are big boys & they FULLY understand that fans are not gonna show them "the love" when their stinking up the joint.  THEY GET IT!!! What WE DO OWE THEM is to root like hell when they're out there, acknowledge what their struggling with, acknowledge when they do turn it around & give them HUGE props!!!!!!!!!!!   Unlike GM who can't stand it when a guy like Els. or Lowrie PROVES HIM WRONG!!!! DPapiOrtiz, I'm not knocking you!  It's just the APOLOGIZE NOW crowd   :) GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Great win today!!!!  Wish Wake got it!!!   
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Trying to read this gave me one hell of a headache.

Are you a 12 year old girl?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nah. He's just doin' a typing jig!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Nah. He's just doin' a typing jig!
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

LOL!  OK, I did get a bit carried away :)   Sorry! 

Just a bit tired of the apologize now crowd!

Let's have fun!  Great win today!   :)

p.s.  Oh!  My 17 yr. old daughter has me texting LOL & other such inane acronyms.  Definitely a bad habit.  Note to self..... Be careful to keep those out of business correspondence!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

[QUOTE]Crickets from softy.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    I don't think he's gotten back from the royal wedding yet...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I guess this means Softy's divorce from Wake is final.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Once Wake let's up his next HR, softy will be back to bashing... maybe under another moniker.

Ells getting on base (at leadoff).
    Jed a big hit.
    Wake looking great.
    Beckett and Lackey rounding into form.

All we need is for VTek to hit 2 grandslams and GM will have to change back to softy or some other alterego.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Seattle had the worst offense in the AL, a year ago. This year, there is only one team worse in OPS. They are a terrible offensive team. As I said before this game, Wakefield going a few innings and getting lucky does not validate the fact he is a waste of a roster spot. A revolving door of AAA'ers could have gone 5 and change, Aceves to name one. Except Aceves is a legitimate decent pen option, as well, unlike Wakefield. Wakefield needs to go, and this fumes off the de facto DL merely confirms it. Tito took him out because it was miracle he lasted that long.

Ells getting on base (at leadoff).  (OBP is .333, only ahead of Scutaro, Crawhype and Salty)
    Jed a big hit. (Was a routine out lost in the lights)
    Wake looking great.
    (de facto DL one outing 5 & change v. bottom AL offense)
    Beckett and Lackey rounding into form. (Lackey 5.65 ERA 1.53 WHIP)

Beckett rounding into form is certainly no surprise. I've certainly never said he couldn't. I have said, correctly, that he was fat and embarrassing a year ago. And he was. I've also said he was the key to getting the critical 3 solid season performing starters it takes to go a long ways. Glad he was embarrassed as I was and has decided to start working hard and taking his job seriously.

Slav, facts are might tough on you. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

no, but you owe an apology to all Sox fans who have defended him during this bizarre stretch in which the manager has gone to great lengths NOT TO throw him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy, what's Crawford's OBP?

He's the guy you insisted should leadoff.
    Ellsbury is doing well now, why not try to enjoy it instead of wishing he fails?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Slav, does it matter what Crawford's OBP is in April? Yes, he should be leading off, because that is the only place he fits on this team.

Ellsbury is the same defender, weak, and pays more attention to the stat book than he does in doing his job to help the team. What on earth was he doing running almost half way to 3rd, with the bases loaded, one out, on a line drive that hadn't even cleared the infield? Can he not score with a shorter lead off 2nd, once a line drive passes the IF'er? 

He started the spring and the season trying to increase his homer total. He's since changed the approach because he was told to for the umpteenth time. 

That lame AD befits the hype that managment has been feeding on Ellsbury since the day they called him up. They need to drop the silly AD campaign and focus on winning baseball games with the best roster construction and use of those on it. 

I enjoy the season, every season.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

For what?  Doesn't he get paid very well?  Haven't I already contributed to his over 25 million dollar fortune?  Worst-case scenario Timmy gets to go home to his vast fortune that me and the rest of the fans contributed to......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Trust me, Wakefield should retire after that peformance. Tough hitter sun day and wind blowing in against the worst offense in the AL over the last two seasons. He looks good, like smoke and mirrors for 5 innings and change. He sits for an entire month, other than a rare mop-up appearance. He should have been fresh, but he wasn't. Instead, he'll go out like a lot of prideful veterans, eventually kicked out the door. 

He belongs in AAA, not on the de facto DL. He either needs to go to AAA, go to an NL team that might actually use him to start for a month or two until he breaks down, or he needs to retire. Nothing about his last outing did anything to change the reality that he has no business in the pen. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well, we finally have softlaw/BaseballGM cornered.  He keeps telling us that Wake shouldn't even be on the roster and does so--wild applause, softy, for being foolishly consistent (hobgoblin of a small mind)--immediately after Wake saves the Sox from an ignominious sweep by the Mariners. 

Some facts--vice opinions--about Wake's start:  threw 70% strikes (rare for all Boston starters); shut down the Mariners for 5.2 innings (his 1 ER should really be given to Jenks); shut down Ichiro, who had been beating us like a drum; didn't get rattled when Pedroia and Scutaro made terrible errors; outpitched last year's Cy Young winner. 

As for Ellsbury, he's looking pretty good to me.  Too many strikeouts, granted, but a nice stroke that is producing line drives, not infield choppers like BaseballGM wants him to.  Not enough stolen bases, either, but hopefully those will come.  But, since he returned to leadoff, he has been hands down the only decent leadoff hitter the Sox have had all year.  Plus he is leading the team in runs scored and just one behind the team lead in rbi's. 

Unlike Drew, thank goodness, Ellsbury likes to be productive.  Speaking of which, I wonder if BaseballGM knows that Crawford has two more rbi's than Drew?  Or that Scutaro and Saltalamacchia, both with fewer at bats, both have one more rbi than Drew, who has 5? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have also been very critical of the role Wake could play. My opinion did not change after one game. That game Wake pitched could have easily been a spot start call up for Miller or Hill, even Aceves. I still feel Sox are playing with 24 guys and trying to find a role for Wake.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Slav, does it matter what Crawford's OBP is in April? Yes, he should be leading off, because that is the only place he fits on this team.

Why is it when the 10 Sox players you hate do bad in one AB, get picked off, or have a bad day, week or month you pounce all over them, but when your suggestion backfires for a month you claim "small sample size"? 

You wanted Crawford leading odd. He is doing worse than the guy others wanted, and you still make it look like you have been right so far.

Once Crawford starts hitting, and h will, he should eladoff vs RHPs and bat 9th vs lefties (if at all). Ellsbury is much better vs LHPs than Crawford, career, 2010, batting in the one slot...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I've asked softy so many times to say what Wake would have to do to make him admit he was wrong.

It's a loaded question that will explode no matter how he answers.

He won't dare set goals like he did for Ellsbury in 2009, only to have to move the goalpost 3-4 times as Ellsbury met each one.

I'm not saying Wake will beat his lofty goals, but he seems to expect ace numbers from our 6th starter.

Crickets....

Sections
Shortcuts