Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology?

Rkarp, you are on the money. I've found since coming here that these old coots have these love affairs with what I call "the good ole boys". And to be a good ole boy, a player doesn't have to be an old veteran, he simply has to have the look they imagine themselves taking vicariously. They love Wakefield and ignore just how bad he's been for a long time, including right now, taking one 5 and change spot start after sitting on the de facto DL for the entire month. One of the reasons they are so abusive toward DiceK is because he took the spot from a beloved "good ole boy". Aceves isn't ever going to be "a good ole boy" like old mop bucket himself. Either he's in the rotation or he needs to be moved off the active roster! It's not complicated. They pulled the same stunt with Lowell, last year. Do you think they would do that for anyone but "a good ole boy"? Not a chance.

These old loser coots have been carping about Ortiz against LH pitching. They are now cowardly down playing it by saying they won't admit being a fool until the season ends and Ortiz is still hitting LHP.

Here is the list of players these old coots exude deep pride in:

Varitek
    Wakefield
    Ellsbury
    Lowrie
    Pedroia
    Beckett
    Lackey
    Lester

How popular was Jim Rice? Reggie Smith? Nomo? Scott? To name a few.

One of the embarrassing parts of being a long time Red Sox fan is knowing just how foolishly prideful and vicarious vanity projecting so many Red Sox fans are. If they don't see themselves in the their chosen favorites, you get something like Gordon Edes. Very sad, frankly. 

What Ortiz, DiceK and others have to put up with in Boston is truly embarrassing.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You are truly soft in the brain...using skin color to hide your own idiocy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

These old loser coots have been carping about Ortiz against LH pitching. They are now cowardly down playing it by saying they won't admit being a fool until the season ends and Ortiz is still hitting LHP....How popular was Jim Rice? Reggie Smith? Nomo? Scott? To name a few.

My favorite player of alltime was Tommy Harper. I loved Rice and Smith. Scott was a bit over-the-hill when I started following the Sox, but I liked him too. I likedNomo a lot, as well as Dice-K and Oki. I wante Dice-K to be our starter in 2010. I only wanted him to take longer to rehab andfor Wake to start in May. For that, you called me racist.  Talk about being the fool.

Yes, I harped on Papi's steep decline vs LHPs for over 3 years, but I never said he shoul be sent to the minors like softy did. I wanted him moved down in the line-up, especilly vs LHPs, and I wanted him on the bench ve many LH'd starters. In those games last year vs those LH'd staters he had an OPS of about .500.

He is doing very well this year vs LHPs in a very small sample size. Smaller than Jed's last 2010-2011 sample size that softy refuses to acknowledge.

This ever-changing judgement criteria is getting old and stale.

Notice on his posted list all are white ad that anyone white, or as he calls them in code"a good ole boy", who is not great has been bashed repeatedly by softy.

Varitek
    Wakefield
    Ellsbury
    Lowrie
    Pedroia
    Beckett
    Lackey
    Lester

You forgot Drew (has played well, defended by softy).
    Add "good ole boy" Lowell.

Talk about blatant discrimination due to color.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Reverse discrimination was my point.
    This clown earlier stated (on UR Realistic thread) that discrimination was o.k.
    Only when it's his, of course.
    What a hypercritical nut-job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Back to the OP.  I don't owe Wakefield an apology, but freely admit I was astounded that he went 5.2 innings with 1 ER (mostly Jenks fault).  The knuckler worked great.  Plus no passed balls.  Plus no stolen bases.  I was hoping for maybe 4 innings and 3 runs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Reverse discrimination was my point.
    This clown earlier stated (on UR Realistic thread) that discrimination was o.k.
    Only when it's his, of course.
    What a hypercritical nut-job.

As much as he is against "Affirmative Action" he is doing something very similar in nature.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbev97. Show kbev97's posts

In Response to Re: Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology?:
    Rkarp, you are on the money. I've found since coming here that these old coots have these love affairs with what I call "the good ole boys". And to be a good ole boy, a player doesn't have to be an old veteran, he simply has to have the look they imagine themselves taking vicariously. They love Wakefield and ignore just how bad he's been for a long time, including right now, taking one 5 and change spot start after sitting on the de facto DL for the entire month. One of the reasons they are so abusive toward DiceK is because he took the spot from a beloved "good ole boy". Aceves isn't ever going to be "a good ole boy" like old mop bucket himself. Either he's in the rotation or he needs to be moved off the active roster! It's not complicated. They pulled the same stunt with Lowell, last year. Do you think they would do that for anyone but "a good ole boy"? Not a chance. These old loser coots have been carping about Ortiz against LH pitching. They are now cowardly down playing it by saying they won't admit being a fool until the season ends and Ortiz is still hitting LHP. Here is the list of players these old coots exude deep pride in: Varitek Wakefield Ellsbury Lowrie Pedroia Beckett Lackey Lester How popular was Jim Rice? Reggie Smith? Nomo? Scott? To name a few. One of the embarrassing parts of being a long time Red Sox fan is knowing just how foolishly prideful and vicarious vanity projecting so many Red Sox fans are. If they don't see themselves in the their chosen favorites, you get something like Gordon Edes. Very sad, frankly.  What Ortiz, DiceK and others have to put up with in Boston is truly embarrassing.   
    Posted by BaseballGM

As Moonslav caught in his above post, are you playing the race card here? Why not come right out and say what you think? It might make you feel better and allow more forum participants to see you as the person that you really are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Do you owe Tim Wakefield an apology?:
    Rkarp, you are on the money. I've found since coming here that these old coots have these love affairs with what I call "the good ole boys". And to be a good ole boy, a player doesn't have to be an old veteran, he simply has to have the look they imagine themselves taking vicariously. They love Wakefield and ignore just how bad he's been for a long time, including right now, taking one 5 and change spot start after sitting on the de facto DL for the entire month. One of the reasons they are so abusive toward DiceK is because he took the spot from a beloved "good ole boy". Aceves isn't ever going to be "a good ole boy" like old mop bucket himself. Either he's in the rotation or he needs to be moved off the active roster! It's not complicated. They pulled the same stunt with Lowell, last year. Do you think they would do that for anyone but "a good ole boy"? Not a chance. These old loser coots have been carping about Ortiz against LH pitching. They are now cowardly down playing it by saying they won't admit being a fool until the season ends and Ortiz is still hitting LHP. Here is the list of players these old coots exude deep pride in: Varitek Wakefield Ellsbury Lowrie Pedroia Beckett Lackey Lester How popular was Jim Rice? Reggie Smith? Nomo? Scott? To name a few. One of the embarrassing parts of being a long time Red Sox fan is knowing just how foolishly prideful and vicarious vanity projecting so many Red Sox fans are. If they don't see themselves in the their chosen favorites, you get something like Gordon Edes. Very sad, frankly.  What Ortiz, DiceK and others have to put up with in Boston is truly embarrassing.   
    Posted by BaseballGM

More nonsense.  All Lackey does is get bashed.  What planet are you from? How popular was Tiant, Pedro, Manny, and Oil Can?  I wear 14 because of Rice, and my son now does the same.  Your opinion does not make it a fact no matter how many times you say it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Notice how he also conveniently left off "good ole boy" Drew's name.

If you take away all of softy's Jake, Wake and Jed bashing, no other player has been bashed on ths site more than JD.

What about the "lovefest" for Penny & Smoltz?

Sections
Shortcuts