1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Do you pay the market rate for Napoli?

One of the few guys i would pay the market rate for..If it gets too ridiculous and im the sox, I turn my attention to Cory Hart on the FA market or WMB to fill the void at first base

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

2  13 yes

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

3/45 with a player option for a fourth year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the MRIs say that Napoli is healthy and the hip problem is no longer a risk then I would offer Napoli two or three years at $13 mi. per year.

[/QUOTE]

i'd do that also...and as i said napoli had a down year in HR's he will be better next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I would not go more than two years on Napoli.  I was opposed to signing him for four years last offseason before the whole hip injury thing was reported, so I can't see giving him three years now.

I love the guy, but I have concerns about him in terms of health and aging.  Perhaps he will take two guaranteed years with a vesting option for a third year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup

Player option vests with health incentives met

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolute ridiculous. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

If it takes three  years to sign up  then we have to do it.  If we offer him a two year contract and some other team  goes three he will take that offer and we will have to find a new first baseman, one who most likely will not give us the run production, or team spirit, or leadership or his love for Boston that Mike possesses.  Let's not blow  this one guys.  I don't want to envision a return of a comotose and spiritless James BALoney for another go-round because he is a totally bad fit for Boston and its rabid fans.  That does even more for fast falling Justin Morneau or the weak fielding and spiritless Kendry Morales, both of whom would, like Loney, be overwhelmed by the fans if they should happen to get off to weak starts at the plate.  Napoli is made for Boston.  We know Loney needs a quiet atmosphere and that goes double for Morales and Morneau.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just yes or not!

I'll start:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

It's a sign of weakness to couch things in vague terms.  You define 'market rate' without salary and years.  That way, you won't necessarily be wrong.

Someone with knowledge and self-esteem would quote exactly what he is worth, and not hide behind 'market rate'.

Probably my fault since I ridculed your idea of paying Morales $50M.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the MRIs say that Napoli is healthy and the hip problem is no longer a risk then I would offer Napoli two or three years at $13 mi. per year.

Napoli's medical record already says he has degenerative hip disease. It doesn't go away with another MRI. 

[/QUOTE]

This is too sad.  Like a child throwing a temper tantrum who didn't win in wall ball at recess.  He's gonna sit on the sideline & snipe, claiming all the other kids are cheating.  Now he's reduced to sniping at the guys who won...   He can't be happy about the Sox winning, or anybody who was on the team that led to his epic season long loss.  How can he root for the guys who showed him up so badly??? This poor little dweeb never made it out of elementary school.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is the hip problem no longer a risk? If anything, it should get worse with age.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is the hip problem no longer a risk? If anything, it should get worse with age.

[/QUOTE]

What ?  Of course. I am surprised to people running around giving the thumbs up for 3  years.... no way. 2 at the most.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What ?  Of course. I am surprised to people running around giving the thumbs up for 3  years.... no way. 2 at the most.

[/QUOTE]

I love Napoli, but any talk of having him for three years is just a retirement contract for a non-veteran. And for first base, which I think we have covered, or could cover easily, makes no sense. I'm not even sure about two years to be honest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

If Boston had only offered him one year I would have been okay even if he left....  two years is the most I can see going. You are correct, why have people forgotton his hip issue? Win a WS and go blind I guess.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My statement was this : "If the MRIs say that Napoli is healthy and the hip problem is no longer a risk then I would offer Napoli two or three years at $13 mi. per year.".

Exactly where did I say that the hip problem is no longer a risk? I am not a doctor. I will leave it up to the medical experts to make the assessment on whether the disease has stopped or gotten worse.

[/QUOTE]

It's degenerative. It will continue to deteriorate over time. Didn't realize you didn't know that. My apologies.

Sections
Shortcuts