Do You Remember Your 1st Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaTom. Show TampaTom's posts

Re: Do You Remember Your 1st Game?

My first game was in 1971 against Baltimore. Reggie Smith hit two home runs, one right handed and one left handed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BVTsoxfan. Show BVTsoxfan's posts

Best thread EVER on this board.  I've been an avid "spectator" mostly for two years, rarely commenting,  and get frustrated with having to filter the namecalling and feuds between certain members.  Threads like this one remind me why I come here!  Great stories - thanks for sharing.

Luckily for me, my Dad's still alive and while I don't remember the specifics of my first game I do recall two especially: one early and one later in my BB lifetime.  The early one had Jim Rice hitting two homers maybe against the Twins.  The later game had me and my 9 mo old son taking my Dad to RS VS Astros on Fathers Day 2003 - Sox won in 14!
    http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/2003/B06150BOS2003.htm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Don't remember a lot except it was a Phillies-Mets game in April 1967 that the Phillies won.  My grandparents lived in NYC.  I remember taking the subway with them to Shea Stadium, and even riding in some sort of double decker train car.

First Fenway game was 3 years later, in August 1970.  We spent 2 weeks on the Cape every year back then , and my Dad and I made the drive up to Fenway for a night game against the White Sox.  Mike Andrews homered and the Red Sox won.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I believe I was at one when I was about 4 but the one I remember was in 1995.  I was 13 years old and the Sox were on a 12 game winning streak.  The dreaded Yankees came to town and crushed us something like 10-2.  All I remmeber is never having to pee so bad my entire life on the way up, Jose Conseco hitting a homerun, Yankee 2nd baseman Pat Kelly crushing us that game.....and some drunk guy (I was sitting between home plate and the Yankee dugout) running down to the front row screaming at Don Mattingly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Do You Remember Your 1st Game?:
    [QUOTE]I believe I was at one when I was about 4 but the one I remember was in 1995.  I was 13 years old and the Sox were on a 12 game winning streak.  The dreaded Yankees came to town and crushed us something like 10-2.  All I remmeber is never having to pee so bad my entire life on the way up, Jose Conseco hitting a homerun, Yankee 2nd baseman Pat Kelly crushing us that game.....and some drunk guy (I was sitting between home plate and the Yankee dugout) running down to the front row screaming at Don Mattingly
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Got to love the drunks at the game (as long as they stay away from you).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

1st game was Veteran's Stadium in Philly, '73 . . . but, 1st game at Fenway was 7-17-75 with Tiant on the mound and Cecil Cooper leading the offense that night . . . Go Sox !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do You Remember Your 1st Game? : The green (in my case, YS) is overwhelming in your 1st game, and it was shocking to me especially since I watched all games to that point on B&W TV. Others mention this also. Thanks for reminding me. BTW, notice how pike has not touched this thread; he is truly what he accuses others of, that is, a troll.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Makes sense since kimpikesaysthis has never watched a game on TV, let alone actually attend a game.

And if he does attend a game in the future he would probably get beat up for telling the fans around him how to "properly" cheer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I believe I was at one when I was about 4 but the one I remember was in 1995.  I was 13 years old and the Sox were on a 12 game winning streak.  The dreaded Yankees came to town and crushed us something like 10-2.  All I remmeber is never having to pee so bad my entire life on the way up, Jose Conseco hitting a homerun, Yankee 2nd baseman Pat Kelly crushing us that game.....and some drunk guy (I was sitting between home plate and the Yankee dugout) running down to the front row screaming at Don Mattingly
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

i'm sorry about all that screaming Hugh.  I blame it on the pre-game shots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

I remember going to a game in September of 75. The White Sox were in town, it was a Sunday, and it was raining cats and dogs! Because it was Chicago's last game in Boston that year and the Sox were in a pennant race they were determined to get the game in and by the end there were less than 100 left in the stands. My friend and I were alone in the centerfield bleachers and for some strange reason the TV camera kept pointing our way. I have never seen a game played when it rained that hard either before or after that experience.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I don't remember my first game, but I have the program from it. I was 5 years old and it was in 1969. My parents made a note on the program that it was my first game. Don't remember who it was against. I have the program put away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do You Remember Your 1st Game? : This was so touching, I read it twice. Thanks for sharing this memory. Remembering my dad, and as a dad myself, it struck a chord for me.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your kind post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do You Remember Your 1st Game? : Great story 67 thanks for sharing.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Thanks for 'listening'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts