Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?

His numbers are nothing short of MVP caliber with 60+ RBI's a near .350 BA , a .400+ OBP and near .600 Slugging Pctg.  However can he get even better?!  I am wondering if he will surpass Pujols production in a year or 2?  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?

He is meeting all expectations.

I think he'll continue to do so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont see him slowing down anytime soon..Could be a ton of awards in Gonzos future IMO..Including a championship or two...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Gonzo is like Boggs and Rice put together: plate discipline, the ability to hit what a pitcher gives him, and tremendous power when needed.   What he is doing right now is MVP worthy.   He is outstanding at defense too, and does those little things like tossing the ball to lead the pitcher to the bag.    Great signing, and we have him locked for years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

As he learns the AL pitchers,I expect his HR totals will go up.Not that they're bad now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

he's the real deal with a batting swing to die for.
    also, he's 1st rate defensively, and has made tossing to the covering pitcher an art form.
    and no, he hasn't peaked yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

He seems to be streaky where home runs are concerned at least so far in his AL/Red Sox career.  I think he will hit more over the wall as the weather heats up.  I think 40 is still possible this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

He's the kind of guy who can carry a team. Sort of like Manny without the drama.

He's hitting .395 with two outs and runners in scoring position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?:
    [QUOTE]His numbers are nothing short of MVP caliber with 60+ RBI's a near .350 BA , a .400+ OBP and near .600 Slugging Pctg.  However can he get even better?!  I am wondering if he will surpass Pujols production in a year or 2?  Thoughts?
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

well, lol, it's june 16th and I think that Agon is really just gettin started. (quote from pachino in scent of a woman). as the sun gets hotter in the sky, I think that Agon's HR's are gonna come more frequently. I bet he hits a couple this weekend at fenway.

what say you Bill??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Agon is not the preferred nomenclature.  Gonzo, please.

He's a brilliant player.  Let's not forget that he's most likely responsible for helping Papi relearn to hit the ball hard the other way by letting it travel and not swinging at dung.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?:
    [QUOTE]Agon is not the preferred nomenclature.  Gonzo, please. He's a brilliant player.  Let's not forget that he's most likely responsible for helping Papi relearn to hit the ball hard the other way by letting it travel and not swinging at dung.

Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

Pretty sad that the sawx coaching staff couldn't teach him to hit the ball the other way and they had to wait for agone to do so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]Agon is not the preferred nomenclature.  Gonzo, please. He's a brilliant player.  Let's not forget that he's most likely responsible for helping Papi relearn to hit the ball hard the other way by letting it travel and not swinging at dung.

Too bad he couldn't do the same for Drew, but perhaps he tried and couldn't get past the apparent indifference he has for his job. Gonzo is without a doubt a stud of the highest nature, not only because of his raw talent but his work ethic, discipline, and overall attitude (you never see him get upset after an out--just like an even keeled golfer who treats bogeys and birdies with the same sanguinity). All of that should continue to bear fruit in the clubhouse, especially with young lefty hitters!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Papi relearned?  Are you serious CTJake14?  He did not relearn anything - his CONFIDENCE was shot as much as anything.  The minute Manny was traded Ortiz started making statement about how he could not shoulder the load... 

Any other posters need an education here today?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]Papi relearned ?  Are you serious CTJake14 ?  He did not relearn anything - his CONFIDENCE was shot as much as anything.  The minute Manny was traded Ortiz started making statement about how he could not shoulder the load...  Any other posters need an education here today?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

for a guy w/ so many posts i wouldn't expect you to come after me in such an arrogant way.  it's what i think.  maybe it's not fact, but you certainly aren't qualified to educate me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

oh it is is it? according to who? you? I've been calling him Agon ever since he came to this club. opinion's are just like buttholes pal. everybody's got one. you've got yours and I've got mine. I'd also add that most likely it's our hitting instructor that has had the biggest impact on papi learning how to go with a pitch outside and stop chasing the garbage. yeah Agon has a knack for it. how come drew and tek can't achieve the same success. although, tek has been known to hit from the left side and go down the left field line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

arrogant? thanks for the compliment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Papi relearned ?  Are you serious CTJake14 ?  He did not relearn anything - his CONFIDENCE was shot as much as anything.  The minute Manny was traded Ortiz started making statement about how he could not shoulder the load...  Any other posters need an education here today?

Burrito, Papi himself said that talking shop with Adrian and watching Adrian re-oriented his approach:  'take what is given' being the modus operendi.  It is a clear difference in David's approach this year.  The Papi Shift, if anyone is still really employing it, is an outdated mistake now.  Sure, his confidence is back.  But that didn't come out of the blue.  Remember April?  He wasn't exactly clobbering the ball, but he was hitting singles all month, taking what was given.  That opened up everything.  Helped him to see the ball better, relax.  This is confidence building, sure.  Also, hitting in this lineup is confidence building, sure.  It was a blow to Papi when Manny left, of course.  Now he doesn't have to "shoulder the load".  That is partly responsible for his rennaisance, yes.  But to dismiss A-Gon's influence, when even if he didn't come out and explicitly say it (which he did), would be missing the fact that his plate approach, very different from the last few years, is very similar to Gonzo's:  take whats given, be happy with singles, until a pitcher, having to be honest because there is no clear way to beat you, serves up a slight mistake, and then pounce.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Your right and I over exaggerated my point, but I equate influence to restoring confidence.  Ortiz became an instant shell the minute Manny was moved... it took restoring that Big Bat to get Ortiz back in the game. 

Anyhow of course if Ortiz gives AGon credit I am in no way going to argue against the man himself... but I will always believe confidence was the largest factor in his semi-demise 2009-2010.

He's back that is for certain.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I would have predicted a slightly lower BA (as in .300 range) and slightly more home runs, but all in all I think this is the Gonzalez everyone was hoping for and then some. It's hard to imagine him improving much on a .347 average with close to 1.000 OPS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Your right and I over exaggerated my point, but I equate influence to restoring confidence.  Ortiz became an instant shell the minute Manny was moved... it took restoring that Big Bat to get Ortiz back in the game.  Anyhow of course if Ortiz gives AGon credit I am in no way going to argue against the man himself... but I will always believe confidence was the largest factor in his semi-demise 2009-2010. He's back that is for certain.

No doubt B.  And I hear what you are saying.  You can see his confidence in his eyes.  He's got those big-cat hunter smiling eyes back that say "go ahead, make my day" ... only, now, and this is different than even prime Manny/papi Papi, its like  "go ahead, make my day ... and if you don't, i'm still chipping one into left".  And that is the big thank you to AGon  Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

yup....he has peaked and it's all down hill from here.....Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

J-Lo, ARod, LiLo, it's played out and all the people w/ those nicknames are douchey.  Let's call him what he's been called for his whole career rather than fall-in w/ the rest of the plebes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]J-Lo, ARod, LiLo, it's played out and all the people w/ those nicknames are douchey.  Let's call him what he's been called for his whole career rather than fall-in w/ the rest of the plebes.

I vote for Mr. Smooth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?:
    [QUOTE]His numbers are nothing short of MVP caliber with 60+ RBI's a near .350 BA , a .400+ OBP and near .600 Slugging Pctg.  However can he get even better?!  I am wondering if he will surpass Pujols production in a year or 2?  Thoughts?
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

Adrian hasn't even begun to peak.  Before his career in Boston is over his impact on this team will be immeasurable if he stays healthy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]scary part is ....coming from NL....he is just now learning the AL pitching and putting up those numbers....what happens when he gets used to the pitchers? barring injury....this guy is going to be phenomenal

Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

Or maybe see what happens when the pitchers get used to him.

Sections
Shortcuts