Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?

In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet?:
    In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet? : true......but short of throwing AT him.......they still have to put it over the plate..he's not showing many signs of weakness in putting the bat on the ball....Manny was same way....

Posted by sday4x4

Yes, but manny had the PEDs working for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet? : Or maybe see what happens when the pitchers get used to him.
    Posted by --The--Babe---

yeah, then they'll know to just walk him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Definitely.  I just hope he can stay above the mendoza line from here on out and maybe get a couple of rbi's.  These first 60 or so games, he's been awfully lucky.  Plus I can't figure out for the life of me how come he hasn't been charged with any errors. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

I can't figure out for the life of me how come he hasn't been charged with any errors. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

uh ... that's because of his personal relationship w/ Jesus Christ.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Do you guys think he will back track on his statement from last year about not playing in the AS game because of Arizona's stance on illegal immigration?

Seems to me he's been awful quiet about that. I figure it's because he had little to no shot of going to the AS as a National Leaguer because of pujols, howard, votto and fielder getting so many votes. But now that he's in the AL and it looks like he might get picked he's surprisingly mum about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Do you guys think he will back track on his statement from last year about not playing in the AS game because of Arizona's stance on illegal immigration? Seems to me he's been awful quiet about that. I figure it's because he had little to no shot of going to the AS as a National Leaguer because of pujols, howard, votto and fielder getting so many votes. But now that he's in the AL and it looks like he might get picked he's surprisingly mum about it.
    Posted by --The--Babe---

that could be, or it could be because last year, the situation was still politically new and hot enough that there was a chance, given enough protest, that the law could be revoked.  Now, it is more or less accepted that Arizona is gonna do what Arizona is gonna do.  And if you disagree, you will get capped in the supermarket parking lot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet? : that could be, or it could be because last year, the situation was still politically new and hot enough that there was a chance, given enough protest, that the law could be revoked.  Now, it is more or less accepted that Arizona is gonna do what Arizona is gonna do.  And if you disagree, you will get capped in the supermarket parking lot.

Posted by SpacemanEephus

I just think it's another case of a blow hard celebrity talking out their azz politically. He probably doesn't even know what he was protesting.

And now that it looks like he'll make the AS game it conveniently gets pushed to the back burner for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet? : Pretty sad that the sawx coaching staff couldn't teach him to hit the ball the other way and they had to wait for agone to do so.
    Posted by --The--Babe---

Do you really think it is sad?  Has Papi not had a good career with the Sox?  He knew how to hit the ball the other way.  See 2004 against the Yanks, 2004 against the Angels and many other monster shots on top of it.  What Gonzalez taught him is nothing but speculation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet? : Do you really think it is sad?  Has Papi not had a good career with the Sox?  He knew how to hit the ball the other way.  See 2004 against the Yanks, 2004 against the Angels and many other monster shots on top of it.  What Gonzalez taught him is nothing but speculation.

Posted by jimdavis

That was my point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet? : I just think it's another case of a blow hard celebrity talking out their azz politically. He probably doesn't even know what he was protesting. And now that it looks like he'll make the AS game it conveniently gets pushed to the back burner for him.
    Posted by --The--Babe---

Yeah, when push comes to shove, zillionare professional athletes ain't exactly the types to take real political stances, unless it is to get tax cuts for the rich (*see Curt Schilling). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Adrian Gonzalez has peaked yet? : I just think it's another case of a blow hard celebrity talking out their azz politically. He probably doesn't even know what he was protesting. And now that it looks like he'll make the AS game it conveniently gets pushed to the back burner for him.
    Posted by --The--Babe---
    You do know that a big part of his family is from Mexico right?

Sections
Shortcuts