Do you think FO is thinking Roy Oswalt at this moment?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Do you think FO is thinking Roy Oswalt at this moment?

I think I heard Buch is being sent down to the minors.  If he is, is FO going to overpay Oswalt and sign him or looking for inside help?  I think Cook is placed on 15-DL so that leaves us with few in-house candidates if FO decides to go with what we have already.  Drake Britton is in 40 men, Clayton Morteson, Vincent Padilla has SP experience, Junichi Tazawa might be the leading candidate having good start so far, or Andrew Miller..
    What are your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Do you think FO is thinking Roy Oswalt at this moment?

In Response to Do you think FO is thinking Roy Oswalt at this moment?:
    [QUOTE]I think I heard Buch is being sent down to the minors.  If he is, is FO going to overpay Oswalt and sign him or looking for inside help?  I think Cook is placed on 15-DL so that leaves us with few in-house candidates if FO decides to go with what we have already.  Drake Britton is in 40 men, Clayton Morteson, Vincent Padilla has SP experience, Junichi Tazawa might be the leading candidate having good start so far, or Andrew Miller.. What are your thoughts?
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]   Hope it's not Oswalt...... He has not been the same since he hurt his back running from the "GRASSY KNOLL"  !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Here is the problem:

Still, it is worth noting that the Red Sox do have one option left on Buchholz, giving them the ability to send him to the minors. Because the right-hander is more than three years removed from his big league debut, he would have to pass through optional waivers in order to be sent to the minors. But he almost certainly would not be claimed, since that form of waivers is treated as a mere procedural technicality by major league clubs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Buying another pitcher isnt going to work.  Boston already brought in Padilla, Cook and Miller, and none of them can fix the starting rotation.  Do you think Oswalt would fix the problem?

I dont think so.  Boston may have to just try Miller to take Bucholtz's one start or two, and see what happen.

They are already 7.5 games behind at the same time there are 7 DL players who are on the 40  man roster. It is just a bad luck again!!

But really it is Theo's fault for having too many often injure proned pitchers on the roster.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think FO is thinking Roy Oswalt at this moment?:
    [QUOTE]Buying another pitcher isnt going to work.  Boston already brought in Padilla, Cook and Miller, and none of them can fix the starting rotation.  Do you think Oswalt would fix the problem? I dont think so.  Boston may have to just try Miller to take Bucholtz's one start or two, and see what happen. They are already 7.5 games behind at the same time there are 7 DL players who are on the 40  man roster. It is just a bad luck again!! But really it is Theo's fault for having too many often injure proned pitchers on the roster.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]dAD & bILL-806, concur !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Oswalt won't do any good, even if he pitches well in AL/DH/Fenway situation. The Red Sox have an offense problem, despite people pretending that the offense production performance is judged based upon the full season total season runs scored.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

A guy like Oswalt should only be swooped up by a team needing one final piece to play for a ring. We have far too many problems to make such a move. Our goal now is to stay under the salary tax threshold of $178 million for the year, allowing next years rate to fall from 30% to 17%. We need to focus on getting our injured guys back, and figuring out what players to jettison to create openings for next years team. I know it's hard, especially as we sit here in May, but it's gotta be all about 2013. We gotta be very aggressive with free agents in the off season. Any attempts by this ownership group to go cheap will be met with ferocious protests by the fans. Mark it down. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I agree with Teakus.  The Sox should be looking to unload vets in exchange for prospects.   Except they don't have any Vets they can unload - maybe Youk if he ever regains his form.  Maybe Dice-K if he's effective once he comes off the DL.

Right now, SP is the least of their worries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

One old pitcher will make a difference? He has back issues, which never go away.

Wont come here anyways.

Fact is Sox have players in decline..............time to young up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Roy Oswalt might prefer to go to a contender.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]Roy Oswalt might prefer to go to a contender.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

A weekend full of more trolling from Ned Flanders:  Get a life!

From a Baltimore Orioles message board:

"Let's not get too carried away. The O's looked very good against the worst team in baseball since Sept 1, 2011. A better test will be how they do against Texas."

Joe Mauer is unlikely to waive his no-trade protection to leave his hometown where he is revered to join a struggling team whose fans torture its players

Mark Reynolds entered Sunday's game with more walks than any Red Sox player. 

The four-year, nearly $30 million extension Buchholz signed in April of last year no longer appears to be a sound investment for the Red Sox. The contract, which runs past once-promising starter's 31st birthday, would likely limit his marketability in the unlikely event that Red Sox seek a trade. 

Perhaps Adrian Gonzalez, who turns 30 on Tuesday, has passed the peak production of his career. Gonzalez, who does not have a particularly spry body for a player his age, li 

My point was that Kevin Youkilis, Clay Buchholz and Mike Aviles have little trade value. When will Buchholz post his first quality start of 2012? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Roy Oswalt might prefer to go to a contender.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE] Ouch but true!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the problem: Still, it is worth noting that the Red Sox do have one option left on Buchholz, giving them the ability to send him to the minors. Because the right-hander is more than three years removed from his big league debut, he would have to pass through optional waivers in order to be sent to the minors. But he almost certainly would not be claimed, since that form of waivers is treated as a mere procedural technicality by major league clubs.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Has to be a cut-and-paste. No grammatical errors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]Buying another pitcher isnt going to work.  Boston already brought in Padilla, Cook and Miller, and none of them can fix the starting rotation.  Do you think Oswalt would fix the problem? I dont think so.  Boston may have to just try Miller to take Bucholtz's one start or two, and see what happen. They are already 7.5 games behind at the same time there are 7 DL players who are on the 40  man roster. It is just a bad luck again!! But really it is Theo's fault for having too many often injure proned pitchers on the roster.  

Easy to blame the guy that left, something the left is great at doing.
    I wonder if 3 years from now, Epstein will still be blamed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i thought we were done signing old pitchers who only wanted to play part time?

id rather start padilla, miller, and Dmac then give it to this clown

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]I think I heard Buch is being sent down to the minors.  If he is, is FO going to overpay Oswalt and sign him or looking for inside help?  I think Cook is placed on 15-DL so that leaves us with few in-house candidates if FO decides to go with what we have already.  Drake Britton is in 40 men, Clayton Morteson, Vincent Padilla has SP experience, Junichi Tazawa might be the leading candidate having good start so far, or Andrew Miller.. What are your thoughts?
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

FO is thinking Dice-K right now...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Think about this guys/gals, we have three stubborn pitchers who were all born in Texas.  I think the fact Roy is holding out "at his age" for more money should tell us he may be another guy who still thinks hes better than he may be. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teamguy. Show teamguy's posts

I keep hearing a lot of people say that the most important thing for this team right now is to get its front 3 going.  And I have to say, I agree.

Unfortunately, there are few if any signs of that happening.  But adding an aging arms to the mix is not the move.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Who cares.  This team is a joke.  May 7th and the season is OVER....Yes pink hat, we believers, OVER!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

So what your saying is if the sox now go to world series this year it would be all Theos fault ???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you think FO is thinking Roy Oswalt at this moment? : hey mr. genius, oswalt(d) ran from the book depository bldg not from the "grassy knoll." based on your intelligence, you must hold a high office in the tea party bowel movement.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]Can't fool you mryazz.....  Your right on every word that I write.......  Are you a STALKER ????  For your need to know, it was  LBJ and the Dem/lib/left/moonbats that took out our beloved JFK F from the  PT-109 FAME !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you think FO is thinking Roy Oswalt at this moment? : Easy to blame the guy that left, something the left is great at doing. I wonder if 3 years from now, Epstein will still be blamed.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]Probably not Harv, though three years from today Crawford, A-Gon, Beckett and Lackey will be earning more annually than the entire Tampa Bay Rays payroll and Ben's first amatuer draft will have only completed two full minor leagues seasons.

Epstein ran into a patch of really bad luck, a couple of over aggressive signings and left a team with talent but glaring issues for a huge pay day in Chicago.