Do you think it is appropriate for a beat reporter(Peter Abraham) to make a remark like this about a player?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Do you think it is appropriate for a beat reporter(Peter Abraham) to make a remark like this about a player?

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff June 4, 2011
    Top of the 6th: Red Sox 2, Athletics 0

Carl Crawford feels the need for speed. Last night's hero singled, stole second, went to third on a fly ball to right and scored on a single by the Ghost of J.D. Drew.

Drew, unaccustomed to being on first base, was then picked off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Do you think it is appropriate for a beat reporter(Peter Abraham) to make a remark like this about a player?

No not really, it's called satire, I honestly thought a similar remark in my head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Do you think it is appropriate for a beat reporter(Peter Abraham) to make a remark like this about a player?

The satire is probably best left for op-ed but I have thought for awhile that Abraham really wants to do op-ed. That stuff for a beat writer is like paper cuts. Enough of them and it starts to add up but buried in a inning by inning blog it probably causes little harm to his relationship with players and builds his readability factor with fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TW4069. Show TW4069's posts

Drew certainly looked like he was in unfamiliar territory. Good call Peter!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Baseball isn't just at the plate, Peter. Not that Peter would know that, but he knows fans don't know that. Also those nips are leaving town, so start celebrating for those overpaid and ungrateful bums.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think it is appropriate for a beat reporter(Peter Abraham) to make a remark like this about a player?:
    [QUOTE]Baseball isn't just at the plate, Peter. Not that Peter would know that, but he knows fans don't know that. Also those nips are leaving town, so start celebrating for those overpaid and ungrateful bums.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

WOW SoldRed!!!!!!

It's clear you feel this way & are used to talking about "minority" players for the Red Sox in a prejudicial manner, but STOP trying to make others believe that even a minority of Sox fans think in these WARPED & RACIAL terms!!!  YOU have been ramping up these attacks on Red Sox Nation for the past 3 weeks & it's time to stop!  You have clearly been caught up in the 1950's & want to make other believe that RSN thinks like you do.  I was born & raised in Allston / Brighton....  Grew up around MANY different races...  MOST normal people from the Boston area love, respect, & yes dog on their fellow citizens of differing races!  MOST Boston fans have GREAT RESPECT for their friends & neighbors of differing races, BUT A GUY LIKE YOU (who truly may be a RACIST) would never know that!  YOU clearly hang with people who think in these prejorative terms!

I ABSOLUTELY HATE people talking about getting other posters "banned!"  I love arguing with people I disagree with, & really mixing it up.  YOU HOWEVER have really crossed the line lately.  Almost every post lately is designed to TRY AND MAKE Red Sox fans look like racists!  You are incapable of shame, so I won't even try to illicit some.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think it is appropriate for a beat reporter(Peter Abraham) to make a remark like this about a player?:
    [QUOTE]Baseball isn't just at the plate, Peter. Not that Peter would know that, but he knows fans don't know that. Also those nips are leaving town, so start celebrating for those overpaid and ungrateful bums.

Totally unecessary to make a remark like that about players on the Sox or any other team. You have only proved that you are an idiot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you think it is appropriate for a beat reporter(Peter Abraham) to make a remark like this about a player? : WOW SoldRed!!!!!! It's clear you feel this way & are used to talking about "minority" players for the Red Sox in a prejudicial manner, but STOP trying to make others believe that even a minority of Sox fans think in these WARPED & RACIAL terms!!!  YOU have been ramping up these attacks on Red Sox Nation for the past 3 weeks & it's time to stop!  You have clearly been caught up in the 1950's & want to make other believe that RSN thinks like you do.  I was born & raised in Allston / Brighton....  Grew up around MANY different races...  MOST normal people from the Boston area love, respect, & yes dog on their fellow citizens of differing races!  MOST Boston fans have GREAT RESPECT for their friends & neighbors of differing races, BUT A GUY LIKE YOU (who truly may be a RACIST) would never know that!  YOU clearly hang with people who think in these prejorative terms! I ABSOLUTELY HATE people talking about getting other posters "banned!"  I love arguing with people I disagree with, & really mixing it up.  YOU HOWEVER have really crossed the line lately.  Almost every post lately is designed to TRY AND MAKE Red Sox fans look like racists!  You are incapable of shame, so I won't even try to illicit some.
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

That's the idiot bigot Softlaw....in this case it seems he's just deliberately trying to wind people up.  Still going to report him, though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Are you REALLY this desperate for attention?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Peter has been a big time Japanese player basher, along with most Red Sox fans. Satire is needed to reflect the feelings of most Red Sox fans.

As for the defensive comment about "no way, not us, Boston, today, no way". The shoe fits, fellow, simply read the comments on DiceK and Oki. It's as obvious as the day is long. A day for Mike Lowell, really! It took them an eternity to recognize Jim Rice!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Do you think it is appropriate for a beat reporter(Peter Abraham) to make a remark like this about a player?:
    [QUOTE]Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff June 4, 2011 Top of the 6th: Red Sox 2, Athletics 0 Carl Crawford feels the need for speed. Last night's hero singled, stole second, went to third on a fly ball to right and scored on a single by the Ghost of J.D. Drew. Drew, unaccustomed to being on first base, was then picked off.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

the guy gets picked off

and yoy're worried about his feelings ?

why not make a joke

meet PA he like to makes jokes

besides there's no way one could sugar coat getting picked of 1B

Sections
Shortcuts