Do you think Jose Reyes is the long term solution for shortstop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Do you think Jose Reyes is the long term solution for shortstop?

Jose Iglesiasis a terrific defensive player but his bat has yet to come around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Do you think Jose Reyes is the long term solution for shortstop?

i wouldnt sign him if i were theo, good player but we already have a pretty good leadoff hitter and i dont think they need to spend the money on that position, keep pap and papi instead

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-The-Babe-(. Show )-The-Babe-('s posts

In Response to Do you think Jose Reyes is the long term solution for shortstop?:
      Jose Iglesias is a terrific defensive player but his bat has yet to come around.

Posted by fir.eballer58

Can you say "beating a dead horse"??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

For The Mets, yes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Wasn't there already a thread on this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Jose Reyes is the long term solution for shortstop?:
    Wasn't there already a thread on this?
    Posted by bald-predictions

So now there's another one.

OH, THE HORROR!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

No

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox do not need Reyes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

No

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Saying "the Sox don't need Reyes" is not true. Reyes is among the top 3 players at SS, every team needs him. Saying "Sox could use starting pitching in a few years so Jose being on payroll may not be the best idea" could be accurate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Do you think Jose Reyes is the long term solution for shortstop?:
      Jose Iglesias is a terrific defensive player but his bat has yet to come around.
    Posted by fir.eballer58

NO!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I'd rather see that money spent on Ellsbury

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The Sox do have a problem at SS. I can't think of a better solution than Reyes. The Yankees have a similar problem so he won't come cheaply.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

NO.

He can't stay off the DL for more than the time it takes babe to grab a new sign on identity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

If you thought Carl Crawford was a great idea in August of 2010, you may well think that Jose Reyes is a great idea in August of 2011. Almost all the same arguments apply.

He does not appear to be the type of player that will be happy long term signing for the team that "wins" the bidding.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

There is no long-term solution to shortstop. Theo changes them every few years, sometimes every year. He thinks it's a way station.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Yes Jose Reyes is the perfect solution, but please keep in mind I love it when my star SS is always injured. I'm very weird, but I hate it when players play over 150 games like Pedroia. I like it when they play around 90. This way I never get sick of them. I would also sign Vlad Guerrero, Eric Gagne and JD Drew for the 2012 season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Iglesias took a big step this year.  He is by far the youngest player in Pawtucket, I'm very interested in what he will do next year, if he starts the year off in Pawtucket I'm confident he will swing a better bat.

I see him being a good solid contact hitter, but nothing more.  he has decent speed, so if he could lear to work the count and draw walks then he could potentailly hit higher up in the lineup.  at 21, and only his second pro season there is reason to at least be hopefull.

I don't think the question is if the Sox will sign Reyes, I think the question is if they think Iglesias needs more time.....what do they do in 2012?  do they keep Scutaro? or do they trust Lowrie???

Sections
Shortcuts