Do you think Manny Ramirez should be voted into the Hall Of Fame?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

Re: Do you think Manny Ramirez should be voted into the Hall Of Fame?

Carnie loves cheaters. The minor league players that never cheated and thus never made it to the big leagues - tough sh-it. Brady Anderson was a 15 HR player and hit 50, no problem says Carnie - that was entertaining. He agrees with the Lombardi code which is the only thing worse than cheating is losing. No moral code there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Ye he should be just like Pete Rose is.

In Response to Do you think Manny Ramirez should be voted into the Hall Of Fame?:
    [QUOTE]I say yes. The man could hit a baseball better than almost anyone who ever lived. His career OPS+ of 154 is tied with Frank Robinson for 25th all-time, and he finished his career with a .312/.411/.585 slash line and 555 home runs. By any measure of performance the man is a Hall of Famer. Baseball has a system of punishment in place for violating its banned substance policy, and it does not involve ineligibility for Cooperstown. By the same token, I can’t think of any other rule-breaking that evokes similar outrage from Hall of Fame voters. You’re infamous for illegally doctoring the baseball as a pitcher? Not only will you get in the Hall of Fame, we’ll all have a good laugh about your vast array of rule breaking for years to come. You’re suspected of using a banned (or not even officially banned) chemical substance during a portion of your career? No Hall for you! Whatever the Hall of Fame should be, one thing it shouldn’t be is a final punishment for rule breaking. The Hall isn’t about holding out some final consequence for breaking a rule or sinning against the game in some abstract sense, it’s about remembering and immortalizing the greatest baseball players of all-time and all eras. At least until we have some concrete proof that steroids drastically increase offensive production, the idea that one of the top 30 hitters in the long and storied history of baseball has a better chance of not being on the ballot in his second year of eligibility than of ever making it into the Hall is a shame, and an outrage.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

My thoughts right now is none of them get in. I reserve the right to change my mind down the road, but right now I say no.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Manny Ramirez should be voted into the Hall Of Fame?:
    [QUOTE]Carnie loves cheaters. The minor league players that never cheated and thus never made it to the big leagues - tough sh-it. Brady Anderson was a 15 HR player and hit 50, no problem says Carnie - that was entertaining. He agrees with the Lombardi code which is the only thing worse than cheating is losing. No moral code there.
    Posted by sunslav[/QUOTE]Excuse me. Do I know you? Where do you get off making judgements about me? You don't know anything about me. To the point of the thread, Manny was the man for a lot of years in Boston. No Manny = no WS championships. Was he perfect? No. Did he use drugs? Yes. Did every other MLB slugger in that era use drugs? Yes. Get off your high horse and try to talk about baseball instead of other posters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Late to the party, but here's another "no" vote. Unquestionably one of the greatest right handed hitters in history, but he cheated twice AFTER the drug policy was put in place. That's not only dishonest, it's downright stupid.

So no ... and for the same reason as Pete Rose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

How dare him insult you. That is your job to insult other users who you do not agree with. How dare him!

In Response to Re: Do you think Manny Ramirez should be voted into the Hall Of Fame?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you think Manny Ramirez should be voted into the Hall Of Fame? : Excuse me. Do I know you? Where do you get off making judgements about me? You don't know anything about me. To the point of the thread, Manny was the man for a lot of years in Boston. No Manny = no WS championships. Was he perfect? No. Did he use drugs? Yes. Did every other MLB slugger in that era use drugs? Yes. Get off your high horse and try to talk about baseball instead of other posters.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]How dare him insult you. That is your job to insult other users who you do not agree with. How dare him! In Response to Re: Do you think Manny Ramirez should be voted into the Hall Of Fame? :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]Sorry I called you a crybaby crybaby.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

The answer is easy. No Manny in the HOF. No Manny over for dinner on Thanksgiving dinner. No Manny on your Christmas card list. No Manny holding your baby. No Manny reading the scripture on a Sunday morning. No Manny being a role model for young kids. Yes on Manny beating up a press secretary, faking a knee injury or his grandma's illness. Which knee was it Manny? Why did that invisible injury disappear a month later when you changed uniforms. Yes you found it funny to roll on top of the ball and watch the runners circle the bases. Yo won, you got traded and the Sox fans lost. You violated your contract and even Moonslav now reluctantly agrees. Better late than never on his part. Only five Manny apologists remain and they are trolls.

Sections
Shortcuts