Do you think our "gang of six" could solve the government's debt crisis?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Do you think our "gang of six" could solve the government's debt crisis?

I do and the NFL crisis and the NBA crisis.

ZILLAGOD
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=4f885e508bb6be655ebf8dc2edd8d74e&plckUserId=4f885e508bb6be655ebf8dc2edd8d74e"> 
    SinceYaz
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=26991512220287887d0bb1e23fce7589&plckUserId=26991512220287887d0bb1e23fce7589"> 
    georom4
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=4178301f3a7e56be6aa2bd009c15f775&plckUserId=4178301f3a7e56be6aa2bd009c15f775"> 
    Bill-806
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=70023d86794630c71c7ef75ba7164b2a&plckUserId=70023d86794630c71c7ef75ba7164b2a"> 
    Yoshimi25
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=69aeabbe1fa29fa9ee22fa0d93e6937d&plckUserId=69aeabbe1fa29fa9ee22fa0d93e6937d"> 
    andrewmitch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Re: Do you think our "gang of six" could solve the government's debt crisis?

Those clowns couldn't hit the ocean with a beachball, let alone solve the country's financial problems.
    The real "gang of six" will probably try to scare the Social Security and disability recipients, in order to pressure Congress.
    So much for hope and unity. Now it's scare tactics and divisiveness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think our "gang of six" could solve the government's debt crisis?:
    [QUOTE]Those clowns couldn't hit the ocean with a beachball, let alone solve the country's financial problems. The real "gang of six" will probably try to scare the Social Security and disability recipients, in order to pressure Congress. So much for hope and unity. Now it's scare tactics and divisiveness.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

and it's always "the other guys" fault.

Our politicians remind me of me and my brother when we were 8 years old and got into a fight and went to mom and dad "he started it" "no he started it"

They seem to be more concerned with blaming each other than fixing the problem.  If this country doesn't wake up we are going to go down with the ship pointing fingers at each other. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

tbrod, CLOWNS, really!

And I thought we were friends!

Clowns can be quite scary....

This one , for example.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Clowns can be silly and dumb too...

like softy. (Although I'm sure softy could and would cut spending overnight.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

let me just say that if i were in charge, not one cent of that stimulus $$$ would have gone to the banks....i wouldve let them crash and then created new consumer protection laws with those that remained in the game...

also, why are we in the tenth year of this damn war? we won ww2 against THREE major nations in less than four years...shame on Obama for giving us more of the same nonsense...

hope and change my azz

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"LET ME BE CLEAR", I LIKE THIS THREAD........ HECK, THIS WOULD BE EASY BEANS, AFTERALL, I HELPED THEO BUILD THIS TEAM !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Geez, Zilla! THAT'S a scary clown!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think our "gang of six" could solve the government's debt crisis?:
    [QUOTE]let me just say that if i were in charge, not one cent of that stimulus $$$ would have gone to the banks....i wouldve let them crash and then created new consumer protection laws with those that remained in the game... also, why are we in the tenth year of this damn war? we won ww2 against THREE major nations in less than four years...shame on Obama for giving us more of the same nonsense... hope and change my azz
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Actually, the war in Iraq ended years ago. The U.S. ripped through and destroyed the Iraqi military and got rid of Saddam in a couple of months.

It's the peace that's the problem. After WWII, the people in those countries had no interest in war. They wanted peace and to rebuild their countries.

In Iraq, there are too many groups that don't want peace so they continually cause problems. That was the problem I had with going into Iraq from the start. Beating the military and getting rid of Hussein wasn't the problem. It was the end game. Can the new Iraqi gov't control its own country with all the factions w/o the U.S. presence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

2 more scary clowns:

How would you like your tea? With cyanide or strychnine?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]let me just say that if i were in charge, not one cent of that stimulus $$$ would have gone to the banks....i wouldve let them crash and then created new consumer protection laws with those that remained in the game... also, why are we in the tenth year of this damn war? we won ww2 against THREE major nations in less than four years...shame on Obama for giving us more of the same nonsense... hope and change my azz

Your solution is basically what the Congress and White House did in 1929, which is why it wasn't done this time. 

War is almost a misnomer for what we are doing now in Afghanistan and Iraq.  The initial invasion and government change in the former took just 3 months and in the latter took 3 weeks, both of which were pretty darn fast.  So was Gulf War I--38 days of air campaign and 4 days of ground attacks to get the Iraqis out of Kuwait.  But counterinsurgency is always tricky and long-term because you have to help rebuild, train people, etc.  In Afghanistan that is next to impossible.  Iraq looks pretty good right now, but we still don't know how the Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis will work together (or not) and the effect Iran might have.  I think we had to go into Afghanistan because of 9/11, but that Iraq was a mistake.  We know for a fact that Rumsfeld vastly underestimated the cost of invading Iraq.  He and Cheney (both of whom were former SecDef's) publicly said how easy Iraq was going to be.  Obama is basically doing what Nixon did 1969-72--winding things down, but not doing it precipitously.  These wars are expensive, but they are not the cause of our fiscal problems--Wall Street and the banks (and the insurers and accounting firms) are/were. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

We'll figure a way outta this......

"Plans, what plans?"
    "Larry, do remember seeing any plans?"
    "I thought you had the plans"
    "Lamebrain, if I had the plans would I be asking you?"
    "Hey Moe!"
    "Shuttup , before I give you two!"
    "Two what?"
    "TWO FINGERS"....BOINK!!!
    "WHOAAA!!! MOE!!!!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you think our "gang of six" could solve the government's debt crisis? : Actually, the war in Iraq ended years ago. The U.S. ripped through and destroyed the Iraqi military and got rid of Saddam in a couple of months. It's the peace that's the problem. After WWII, the people in those countries had no interest in war. They wanted peace and to rebuild their countries. In Iraq, there are too many groups that don't want peace so they continually cause problems. That was the problem I had with going into Iraq from the start. Beating the military and getting rid of Hussein wasn't the problem. It was the end game. Can the new Iraqi gov't control its own country with all the factions w/o the U.S. presence.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

spot on - which iswhy we should just get out..it is the middle east and there will be no stability anywhere unless it is being run a ruthless dictator or powermad royal family...democracy wont work with people who have a values system rooted in early/Middle Age religious beliefs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

View Image

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Nightly news just said that "the gang of six" is now a "gang of 33". Let's be positive and hopeful.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Gang of 4

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Not sure.  Would the debt crisis benefit from a vomitous torrent of half-baked, dim-witted, puerile, provincial, garrulous and vapid and yet staggeringly self-confident garbage, followed quickly by a completely baseless round of narcissistic, fumbling, self-aggrandizing, mutual congratulations akin to an in-abstentia, cathartic homo-erotic festival?  If so, then yes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

FOX T V, GLENN BECK (GONE)  O'RIELLY, HANNITY & BILL-806 TOO !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1-It's not the gov'ts debt, it is ours.

2-It's not only our debt, it is our fault.

3-We need to start living within our means.  

*Raise the taxes a freaking penny, and cut entitlements 2 pennies.
    *Tax gasoline so we don't borrow $100B each year from the Chinese to pay OPEC.
    *Stop paying people money to NOT grow food.
    *Stop supporting ethanol, which basically benefits the 800M people with cars and the expense of the 800M who are hungry
    *No interest deduction on the 2nd house.  It's a tax break for the richest people in the country.
    *Tax SS.  Those with no other income won't pay tax anyway.  And those with $100k in retirement income should pay the same tax as a 45 y.o. with $100k in regular income.

If you support politicians who refuse to cut entitlements, or who refuse to cut taxes, then you're contributing to the deficit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Not bad, Joe.  Like they say about 100 lawyers chained together at the bottom of the Atlantic, a good start. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Not bad, Joe.  Like they say about 100 lawyers chained together at the bottom of the Atlantic, a good start. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

The people in this country are nuts, and I have no sympathy.  I'm about middle class.  Raise my taxes by 1% for 5 years.  In return, everyone else kicks in 1%.  1% less in military, raises, SS, Medicare, etc.

If people can't figure out a way to balance a 1% cut in income v their expenditures, then something is wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The average share of the debt is $75,000 per person. Not exactly a drop in the bucket. We still control the World currency and confidence in it and printing more money was always our specialty. When that confidence is toppled then our house of cards will fall fast. We've been policeman of the world by printing money to finance such extravaganzes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you think our "gang of six" could solve the government's debt crisis? : spot on - which iswhy we should just get out..it is the middle east and there will be no stability anywhere unless it is being run a ruthless dictator or powermad royal family...democracy wont work with people who have a values system rooted in early/Middle Age religious beliefs

Staggering xenophobia and ignorance.  WHO has a belief system rooted in religious beliefs?  You should look a little closer to home.  What about our values, if we think it's OK to attack and destroy a country for our own economic greed?  Actually, several countries, i.e. whoever we feel like invading.  Why are we there at ALL?  Oil.  There's nothing more middle-ages than "might makes right."  And nothing more American, either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]. If you support politicians who refuse to cut entitlements, or who refuse to cut taxes, then you're contributing to the deficit.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Supporting politicians who REFUSE to CUT taxes?  Not too sure about your policework, there, Joe.  You see, cutting taxes increases the deficit.  And before you go taxing SS, what about GE and Citibank and huge corpoations who make billions and somehow manage to pay little or no taxes?? 

I agree with some of the rest of what you said, but I would START with the ENORMOUS military budget.  We spend almost as much as everyone else COMBINED, and not only is there the iniital HUGE numbers (dwarfs tons of social programs that people are always complaining about) but then there's the MASSIVE amount of interest in that military spending, since obviously it's borrowed money.  The military budget is the elephant in the room, I do not understand why we don't slash that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Hope they just stick to solving Sox RF power numbers...

Sections
Shortcuts