Do YOU want Bailey as our closer next year ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Do YOU want Bailey as our closer next year ?

Are there other options?

Don't think he has the makeup for Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Do YOU want Bailey as our closer next year ?

No, but I am fine with letting the manager make that decision, not me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It all depends on which Bailey it is. The guy who had success in Oakland or the " deer in the headlights " we have seen so far in Boston ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

no way

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are there other options?

Don't think he has the makeup for Boston.

[/QUOTE]

He gets 2-3 months. If he fails he should be demoted. This year was not a fair time period in which to judge him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'd let him start the season as the closer. He got hurt, and came into a disaster of a situation. It's hard to say a "deer in the headlights"...I mean, what intimidated him? Closing for a last place team? He was never going to be the answer this year, nor was he any part of why this team disintigrated. Give him a full season...assuming he doesn't get hurt AGAIN, freak injury or not.

Furthermore, I let Bard start out as the setup man. If Bailey can't hack it (and he needs 2 months, at least, to be fair), let Bard try. If they both fail, maybe give Tazawa a shot if he really has no hope as a strater (which I really think needs to be explored before relegating him to the bullpen).

So, I guess the short answer is:

Yes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

SIGN BROXTON HE IS A FA

MA6 YOU DON'T WANT BAILEY "HE WAS NEVER GOING TO BE THE ANSWER" YET YOU WANT TO PUT BARD BACK AS THE SET UP MAN WHEN HE HAD AN EVEN WORSE YEAR THAN BAILEY?????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He had a down season but yeah he deserves a chance to prove himself next yr.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SIGN BROXTON HE IS A FA

MA6 YOU DON'T WANT BAILEY "HE WAS NEVER GOING TO BE THE ANSWER" YET YOU WANT TO PUT BARD BACK AS THE SET UP MAN WHEN HE HAD AN EVEN WORSE YEAR THAN BAILEY?????

[/QUOTE]

Broxton hasn't been a good closer for 2 years.

Yes, I want to wipe the 2012 season away, and give these guys a fresh start. If we're judging this team solely by 2012...then they should be moved out of Boston.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts