Do you want Youk in 2012??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Do you want Youk in 2012??

I do nt want him back! I was pissed they got rid of Beltre and kept Youk. He is NOT a 4th hitter and I still dont get why Francona has had him there for years. Is there a chance he could play right field and bat 6th for us??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Do you want Youk in 2012??

Youk should not be playing the field next year.  He can't stay healthy for a season at 3B, and is bad at playing 3B.  Move Youk to DH, let papi walk, and pick up a 3B in the offseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

No,he's always hurt, plus,  We need to get YOUNGER

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Youk may not have the mentality to be a Full Time DH. It takes a special kind of player. Youk is very high strung. His best slot was 1B and occasional DH, but that's not happening here in Boston.

I want Youk back. I think, if he stays healthy, he will have a better season than 2011, but may never reach his 2009/2010 OPS again. I'd have to see what another team would offer, before I'd consider a trade.

I do think a Aviles/Lowrie platoon at 3B would not be terrible, but we'd have to make up the drop-off soemwhere else on offense (C? RF? SS?). 

If Youk replaces Papi, we'd have much better flexibility. We wouldn't have "issues" at NL parks.

It's possible we could see this rotation:
         vs RHPs        vs LHPs
    DH Youk/Lav     Youk   
    3B  Aviles           Lowrie
    C    Salty/Lav    Lav

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Do you want Youk in 2012??:
    [QUOTE]Youk may not have the mentality to be a Full Time DH. It takes a special kind of player. Youk is very high strung. His best slot was 1B and occasional DH, but that's not happening here in Boston. I want Youk back. I think, if he stays healthy, he will have a better season than 2011, but may never reach his 2009/2010 OPS again. I'd have to see what another team would offer, before I'd consider a trade. I do think a Aviles/Lowrie platoon at 3B would not be terrible, but we'd have to make up the drop-off soemwhere else on offense (C? RF? SS?).  If Youk replaces Papi, we'd have much better flexibility. We wouldn't have "issues" at NL parks. It's possible we could see this rotation:      vs RHPs        vs LHPs DH Youk/Lav     Youk    3B  Aviles           Lowrie C    Salty/Lav    Lav
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I had the same thought if Youk was the DH, he could sometimes play at 3rd base when we were in a NL park.  Their was already a thread about Youk and many thought that he really isn't a great 3rd baseman.  Just not sure what will happen next season and we may all be surprised at the trades/acquisitions that are made. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I want David Wright.  Youk to DH. Thanks for the memories Papi but he is not Mr. Clutch anymore. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No.  He's an injury waiting to happen at this point plus it's time to get a legitimate cleanup hitter.  Oh, and he's ugly, sweats to much and his antics after every out makes me want to drill him in the ear his next at bat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]I want David Wright.  Youk to DH. Thanks for the memories Papi but he is not Mr. Clutch anymore. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

No matter what the cost, the Sox need David Wright

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Nope.  Get rid of him.  Gets hurt too much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Love Youk, but wish he'd get in shape and stop whining.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]I want David Wright.  Youk to DH. Thanks for the memories Papi but he is not Mr. Clutch anymore. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

If NY wants Lowrie at 3B, we could trade Youk to Cincy for prospects and flip them to the Mets), but otherwise, here's an idea...

Trade: Crawford-12:$19.5M, 13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M, 17:$21M
    J. Lackey- 12:$15.25M, 13:$15.25M, 14:$15.25M
    Youk-       12:$12M, 13:$13M club option ($1M buyout)
    Iglesias-   12: $2M, 13: $2.1M, 14: $2.1M
    Lowrie-      3 arb years
    Doubront-  4 arb years
    (Possibly more prospects)
    [Total Cost: 12: $50M, 13: $52M, 14: $40M (No Youk,), 
    15: (No Lack/Iggy) $22M, 16: (No Douby) $20.75, 17: $21M]
    We could pay some of CC's deal from 2014-2017.

to NYM

For:
    LHP Santana- 12:$24M, 13:$25.5M, 14:$25M club option ($5.5M buyout)
    OF  J. Bay-      12:$16M, 13:$16M, 14:$17M club option ($3M buyout)
    3B  D. Wright- 12:$15M,13:$16M club option ($1M buyout)
    [Total Cost: $55M, 13: 58M, 14: 28M (No Bay/Wright)

Bay's a salary dump, but could give us some good PAs vs LHPs. The Mets get cheap replacements for Reyes.
    We get out of the shadow of lackey and CC, and get a quality lefty starter and 3Bman.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 9/27/2005
    Last: 9/29/2011
    I want David Wright.  Youk to DH. Thanks for the memories Papi but he is not Mr. Clutch anymore. 
    Posted by shuperman

If NY wants Lowrie at 3B, we could trade Youk to Cincy for prospects and flip them to the Mets), but otherwise, here's an idea...

Trade: Crawford-12:$19.5M, 13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M, 17:$21M
    J. Lackey- 12:$15.25M, 13:$15.25M, 14:$15.25M
    Youk-       12:$12M, 13:$13M club option ($1M buyout)
    Iglesias-   12: $2M, 13: $2.1M, 14: $2.1M
    Lowrie-      3 arb years
    Doubront-  4 arb years
    (Possibly more prospects)
    [Total Cost: 12: $50M, 13: $52M, 14: $40M (No Youk,), 
    15: (No Lack/Iggy) $22M, 16: (No Douby) $20.75, 17: $21M]
    We could pay some of CC's deal from 2014-2017.

to NYM

For:
    LHP Santana- 12:$24M, 13:$25.5M, 14:$25M club option ($5.5M buyout)
    OF  J. Bay-      12:$16M, 13:$16M, 14:$17M club option ($3M buyout)
    3B  D. Wright- 12:$15M,13:$16M club option ($1M buyout)
    [Total Cost: $55M, 13: 58M, 14: 28M (No Bay/Wright)

Bay's a salary dump, but could give us some good PAs vs LHPs. The Mets get cheap replacements for Reyes.
    We get out of the shadow of lackey and CC, and get a quality lefty starter and 3Bman.

Sox4ever

Holy Crap-- tthat is about the stupidest trade offer I have ever seen on this board!

Jason Bay-- your kidding--- been there done that--- down side of career big time.

Johan Santana-- damaged goods-- way too risky.

David Wright--- only player worth consideration.  Do you really think the Mets will trade him after they lose Reyes to Free agency.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]moonslav59 Posts: 19262 First: 9/27/2005 Last: 9/29/2011 In Response to Re: Do you want Youk in 2012?? : I want David Wright.  Youk to DH. Thanks for the memories Papi but he is not Mr. Clutch anymore.  Posted by shuperman If NY wants Lowrie at 3B, we could trade Youk to Cincy for prospects and flip them to the Mets), but otherwise, here's an idea... Trade: Crawford- 12 :$19.5M,  13 :$20M,  14 :$20.25M,  15 :$20.5M,  16 :$20.75M,  17 :$21M J. Lackey-  12 :$15.25M,  13 :$15.25M,  14 :$15.25M Youk-        12 :$12M,  13 :$13M club option ($1M buyout) Iglesias-   12:  $2M,  13:  $2.1M,  14:  $2.1M Lowrie-      3 arb years Doubront-  4 arb years (Possibly more prospects) [Total Cost: 12: $50M, 13: $52M, 14: $40M (No Youk,),  15: (No Lack/Iggy) $22M, 16: (No Douby) $20.75, 17: $21M] We could pay some of CC's deal from 2014-2017. to NYM For: LHP Santana-  12 :$24M,  13 :$25.5M,  14 :$25M club option ($5.5M buyout) OF  J. Bay-       12 :$16M,  13 :$16M,  14 :$17M club option ($3M buyout) 3B  D. Wright-  12 :$15M, 13 :$16M club option ($1M buyout) [Total Cost: $55M, 13: 58M, 14: 28M (No Bay/Wright) Bay's a salary dump, but could give us some good PAs vs LHPs. The Mets get cheap replacements for Reyes. We get out of the shadow of lackey and CC, and get a quality lefty starter and 3Bman. Sox4ever   Holy Crap-- tthat is about the stupidest trade offer I have ever seen on this board! Jason Bay-- your kidding--- been there done that--- down side of career big time. Johan Santana-- damaged goods-- way too risky. David Wright--- only player worth consideration.  Do you really think the Mets will trade him after they lose Reyes to Free agency.
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

You called it a stupid deal, and I assumed you meant for Boston, then you say, why would the Mets make the deal and lose Wright. I don't get your position.

I was one of the few that wanted Bay to go when he did. I know he's a long shot to even contribute a little, but so is Lackey. CC's deal goes to 2017. This trade sets us free after 2014. That is the big gain you missed.

The other part is this: Youk and Lackey are damaged goods as well, and maybe even CC too.

I never said I was for the deal. I just brought up this type of deal as a way to get Lackey and CC and their crippling deals outta town, and still get some value in return.

Another idea is to unload CC, Lackey and Lowrie (and prospects) to the Cubs for Zambrano (12:$18M) , Soriano (12-14:$18M annually) , and A. Ramirez (12:$16M club option ($2M buyout). Then trade Youk for a relief pitcher or starter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

David Wright needs a change, and going to Fenway from the Citifield airport, might help, bigtime. Bay had a better year than Crawford, despite missing a ton of time this season. Problem is, he can onluy play LF, where the rotting corpse will be for the next six years.
    As for Youkilis, please read my post on Jackie McMullen's article on the Sox.
    She mentions Youkilis as a big problem in the clubhouse. A busybody who was always carping and moaning.
    Sounds like Tito and Theo know he's a problem, and this might grease the skid for him to leave in a trade.
    Lowrie hasd little value, and is made of glass.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gopats1976. Show gopats1976's posts

Trade him to Reds for Heisey or Bruce in deal that includes 2 or 3 more players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Bruce is another left handed hitter. Ugh! Plus there's no way the Reds would trade such a young fan favorite. Also, the Reds always have a middle of the road payroll, and never sign or trade for big salaried players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i honestly am not sure how i feel about youk. he did not have a good year this year at 3rd base. not only was he sub par defensively, he sustained multiple injuries. Offenively he did not have a good year and certainly did not fill his role as the number 4 hitter. I believe the sox 2 biggest needs for next year are a number 4 hitter and a top of the rotation starter. chances are they wont fill both needs this offseason unless they get creative. I think youk will be back but if he struggles this year, dont be suprised if will middlebrooks gets a shot.