Dodgers 6-9 with AGon and Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Dodgers 6-9 with AGon and Beckett

So far.  AGon not helping much so far, Beckett 1-2 but with a better ERA than in Boston. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Re: Dodgers 6-9 with AGon and Beckett

Sox are 3-12.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Sox are 3-12."

True but the Dodgers were in the wild card hunt at the time of the trade, this was supposed to put them over the hump. 

Also we are not burdened with those horrible contracts. 

I know you're not implying those guys are worth the difference to you between 3-12 and 6-9.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to chuchos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox are 3-12.

[/QUOTE]

You betcha, Red Ryder.  With Ortiz and Middlebrooks out, Ells below par, Pedroia not much better, the Sox could ill afford to lose their rbi machine AGon.  Of course, with AGon still here, there is still the rotation to consider--a disaster.  I figure with Beckett and AGon (CC and Punto are nonfactors in 2012) still here, the Sox might be 6-9 rather than 3-12.  Still losers, but not a disaster. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

In response to davetheknave's comment:

I just read a column in the L A Times about Gonzalez. You won't be surprised to learn he was openly hostile to the reporter (T J Simers, I think his name was), saying it isn't in his contract that he has to talk to reporters. The guy's really making a reputation for himself as a tool.

There's some history there. Simers used to write for the North County Times in Escondido I think. IIRC he got very full of himself, especially when he moved to the LA market. There's no love between Simers and past or present Padres.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Perhaps there was Popeyes & Corona in the clubhouse

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The ink wasn't dry on the trade deal when they stopped being my concern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox are 3-12.

[/QUOTE]

You betcha, Red Ryder.  With Ortiz and Middlebrooks out, Ells below par, Pedroia not much better, the Sox could ill afford to lose their rbi machine AGon.  Of course, with AGon still here, there is still the rotation to consider--a disaster.  I figure with Beckett and AGon (CC and Punto are nonfactors in 2012) still here, the Sox might be 6-9 rather than 3-12.  Still losers, but not a disaster. 

Yep.  terrible with or without is what I was aiming at.  

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to modod's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just read a column in the L A Times about Gonzalez. You won't be surprised to learn he was openly hostile to the reporter (T J Simers, I think his name was), saying it isn't in his contract that he has to talk to reporters. The guy's really making a reputation for himself as a tool.

There's some history there. Simers used to write for the North County Times in Escondido I think. IIRC he got very full of himself, especially when he moved to the LA market. There's no love between Simers and past or present Padres.

[/QUOTE]
    Didn't know that, thanks.

[/QUOTE]
    T.J. Simers has never written for the North County Times, although Simers covered professional football for the San Diego Union:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/columnists/la-columnist-tsimers,0,2737037,bio.columnist

The mean-spirited Simers is one of the few sportswriters I would avoid if I were a professional athlete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox are 3-12.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Pedroia is much better. Is season stats are only a bit off because of the injury he tried to play through and he ended up .194 in June. Since July 1, he's batting  about .327 with 9 HRs and 27 RBIs. And since the beginning of August, he's batting .347 with 5 HRs and 19 RBIs.

In fact, it's kind of BS when people say Pedrioa is having a bad year. He had one bad month because of the injury. He batted .301 in April, .290 in May -- so much of him being the cause for the slow start -- .194 in June (as mentioned) .276 in July, .342 in August and .367 so far in September.

Regardless of whether or not he likes Bobby V., Pedey has busted his butt and produced for Bobby V nearly all year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Caveat Emptor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

bump past the idiot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox are 3-12.

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, I think they are getting along. have seen them speak to each other quite often in the dugout during games.
    BV must have learned to play cribbage.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Pedroia is much better. Is season stats are only a bit off because of the injury he tried to play through and he ended up .194 in June. Since July 1, he's batting  about .327 with 9 HRs and 27 RBIs. And since the beginning of August, he's batting .347 with 5 HRs and 19 RBIs.

In fact, it's kind of BS when people say Pedrioa is having a bad year. He had one bad month because of the injury. He batted .301 in April, .290 in May -- so much of him being the cause for the slow start -- .194 in June (as mentioned) .276 in July, .342 in August and .367 so far in September.

Regardless of whether or not he likes Bobby V., Pedey has busted his butt and produced for Bobby V nearly all year.

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Adrian Gonzalez stats in LA: .242/.675
    Josh Beckett stats in LA: ERA 3.86, WAR: 0.3, WHIP: 1.446

Not much has changed. Slightly lower ERA for Beckett, but its the NL and its a big stadium out in LA. Beckett still stinks. LA will regret this deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

AGon Wont Be Happy Until He,s Back Home In San Diego....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox are 3-12.

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  terrible with or without is what I was aiming at.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pedroia Not Much Better LoL! If It Wasn't For Peddy Were 5 Back Of Houston.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox are 3-12.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected.  Thanks for defending Pedroia.  I entirely agree he has played hard all year--and that he can and will play hard for anyone.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You could be right.  I definitely never thought he was happy in Boston. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

TJ Simers has always thought of himself as a NY Post columnist. He's the newspaper version of Jim Rome.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Certainly the losing mentality has been taught to the Dodgers by Nick (WS champion) Punto, Josh (2-time WS champion) Beckett, and top 5 hitters in the game AGON.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

here's a secret i will share with you:  A-Gon is happy every time he is handed a paycheck.....

25. This post has been removed.