dodgers awarded claim on Gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

dodgers awarded claim on Gonzalez

: Source:  awarded waiver claim on Adrian Gonzalez. 

not sure it means anything...it will give this board something to talk about though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: dodgers awarded claim on Gonzalez

Pete Abraham@PeteAbe

3 possible outcomes: Sox withdraw Gonzalez from waivers, Sox trade Gonzalez to Dodgers, Sox give Gonzalez to Dodgers.

http://twitter.com/PeteAbe

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't see anything becomming of this. Sox would be looking for a lot in return and the Dodgers don't have much to give after trading for Hanley Ramirez, Blanton, and Victorino. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Matt Sullivan at Over the Monster offers his take on the value of Adrian Gonzalez:

http://www.overthemonster.com/2012/8/23/3262846/adrian-gonzalez-his-value-and-the-waiver-move

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: dodgers awarded claim on Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]I don't see anything becomming of this. Sox would be looking for a lot in return and the Dodgers don't have much to give after trading for Hanley Ramirez, Blanton, and Victorino. 
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

You seem to forget that Ben Cherington is the GM. He would be happy with Mark Ellis or Adam Kennedy, and people here would think he made a great deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to dodgers awarded claim on Gonzalez:
    [QUOTE]@ BillShaikin : Source:  # Dodgers  awarded waiver claim on Adrian Gonzalez.  # redsox not sure it means anything...it will give this board something to talk about though.
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

It means that at least one Red Sox player is for sure going to the post-season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

If I'm the Dodgers I'm all over this while BC is in charge. He'll probably get AGon for two AA players in their mid 20's and a player to be named later that BC will forget to call about later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]@ BillShaikin : Source:  # Dodgers  awarded waiver claim on Adrian Gonzalez.  # redsox not sure it means anything...it will give this board something to talk about though.

It means that's another jersey to put in storage along with Youkilis.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It means that the Dodgers are serious about a playoff run, just like they were at the TD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to dodgers awarded claim on Gonzalez : It means that at least one Red Sox player is for sure going to the post-season.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

It's not even guaranteed he's going there.  They're not going to just let him go.  That means he stays or they work out a trade.  And anyone who's on the 40 man roster would also have to clear waivers.
    They will pull him back unless they are overwhelmed with an trade offer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm the Dodgers I'm all over this while BC is in charge. He'll probably get AGon for two AA players in their mid 20's and a player to be named later that BC will forget to call about later.
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]

That means Ben's not coming back for next season..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm the Dodgers I'm all over this while BC is in charge. He'll probably get AGon for two AA players in their mid 20's and a player to be named later that BC will forget to call about later.
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]

Got That Right...................

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Let them have him.  He's an excuse making ballplayer who is overpaid. 

They can go get Mike Napoli and save a bunch of money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: dodgers awarded claim on Gonzalez : It's not even guaranteed he's going there.  They're not going to just let him go.  That means he stays or they work out a trade.  And anyone who's on the 40 man roster would also have to clear waivers. They will pull him back unless they are overwhelmed with an trade offer.
    Posted by illinoisredsox[/QUOTE]
    What if the Dodgers would take Adrian Gonzalez and Josh Beckett (assuming Beckett clears waivers)?

Does that change the equation?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

This might prove that there is an issue with Gonzalez in the clubhouse. He's only been in Boston two years, they're only one year into the extension they gave him. He hasn't put up the power numbers expected, but on the field that's the only real knock against him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Exactly, Hill. Taking on Beckett and/or Crawford's contract completely changes the equasion.
    First basemen are a dime a dozen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

What I found interesting was that 22 teams -- including all American League clubs -- passed on Adrian Gonzalez before the Dodgers placed their claim.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

1 - Pulling him back = wasting everyone's time.  2 -  Awarding AGon to L.A. = giving up and cutting payroll.   3 - Working out a trade =  can Ben avoid being fleeced ?  Stay tuned for further updates.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]What I found interesting was that 19 teams -- including all American League clubs -- passed on Adrian Gonzalez before the Dodgers placed their claim.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I would guess due to his contract, hill. Philys pulled Cliff Lee back, after he was claimed by the Dodgers. Tim Kurkjian on WEEI this morning, speculating whoever wants Gonzo, would  have to take Beckett and or Crawfords contract, also. If the Sox are trying to shed payroll and are in rebuilding mode.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Gonzalez' comments last night, point to his dissatisfaction in Boston.
    Very pointed comments, about how he refuses to talk to the media, now.
    He refers to Boston as, "this place".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez' comments last night, point to his dissatisfaction in Boston. Very pointed comments, about how he refuses to talk to the media, now. He refers to Boston as, "this place".
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

a few players decided not to talk to the media after the shoppach/texting story, righty. That said, I wouldnt be surprised if Gonzo was at UPS right now, getting boxes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez' comments last night, point to his dissatisfaction in Boston. Very pointed comments, about how he refuses to talk to the media, now. He refers to Boston as, "this place".
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

Thats The Problem Attitude's...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

So far half of the starting line up is on the waivers.  Boston ranked #1 in MLB for most injuries and now they ranked #1 for putting the most players on trading waivers.

I do not think that Ben cant test teams to see what kind of a deal would these teams do with Boston.  If LA Dodgers/Red Sox cant finalize the deal, all Dodgers can do to wait off season and sign Youkilis to play 1B for 10 million dollars a year.  That is not too hard for the Dodgers to do that part.

Anyway, I think whatever Ben C is doing lately isnt going to help him to gather as much ideas on how to build a team for next season.  

If Boston traded Agonz last year, and sign Fielder or Pujols, then I would be ok with that.  But trading him at the same time who know Papi could walk away.  Who will fill in these two power hitting spots for the Red Sox next season?   That is what they need to be careful about!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

Heck, if I was Gonzalez, I would personally offer to pay half of my own salary to get out of Boston and the other side is that Boston fans should be willing to pay the other half to see him go. He is not happy here. That is clearly evident by the fact that he has yet to realize that of any other player on the team, he is the biggest part of its future. You would think that after countless years and dollars are signed to in a contract he would start to use the words "we", "our", and "here" when referring to the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Park. His performance thus far has not yet justified his lack of ownership in the team.

Sections
Shortcuts