Dodgers Claim Beckett....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Dodgers Claim Beckett....

WEEI...........

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett....

This Is Good News, The Chicken Joints In LA Will Prosper...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Mcadam is reporting it too...says a source says Dodgers, but not confirmed yet...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I'm listening now. We shall see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Beckett has 10 and 5 rights ... I think he would decline a trade

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett....:
    Beckett has 10 and 5 rights ... I think he would decline a trade
    Posted by JohnnyLefty

If he declined a trade, he would never hear the end of it in this town. I think they would just release him before spring training.

Also, they don't know who claimed him, but they are speculating it COULD BE the Dodgers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Well shiyut just let him go and PULL BACK Gonzalez

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

LA Chicken, Perfect Fit For Beckett, El Pollo Loco....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dodgers Awarded Claim On Josh Beckett

3:48pm: The Dodgers claimed Beckett, McAdam reports (on Twitter). This will create many possibilities for a larger trade involving Adrian Gonzalez.

3:35pm: An unidentified team has claimed right-hander Josh Beckett off of waivers, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports (all Twitter links). One MLB executive believes the mystery team could be the Dodgers, but that hasn't been confirmed. Beckett can veto any trade or waiver assignment as a player with ten and five rights.

The Red Sox now have until Sunday to select one of three options. They can let Beckett (and his contract) go to the claiming team, they can complete a trade with the claiming team, or they can pull him back off of waivers. American League teams had claiming priority on Beckett.

McAdam suggests the Red Sox would probably allow the claiming team to take on Beckett and his salary -- $15.75MM per season through 2014. He has posted a 5.23 ERA with 6.6 K/9 and 2.7 BB/9 in 127 1/3 innings this year, while facing considerable scrutiny for his on-field performance and off-field actions. The Rangers showed some interest in Beckett leading up to the July 31st trade deadline.

Gonzalez was claimed by the Dodgers today, but reportedly won't be traded unless the Red Sox obtain a substantial return.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Beckett has said that if a team doesnt want him he would go if the situation is right. The Dodgers are playoff bound for the foreseeable future and the Sox, not so much. I think he would welcome it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In LA it's Chicken and Waffles

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Interesting.  I'm still stunned that teams took chances on Sanchez, Dempster, and Greinke for serious money, and mediocre production, but wouldn't do the same with Beckett.  As crazy as he is, he is capable of beating anyone.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Beckett has said that if a team doesnt want him he would go if the situation is right. The Dodgers are playoff bound for the foreseeable future and the Sox, not so much. I think he would welcome it.
    Posted by southpaw777

His wife is from Texas, but lived and worked in San Diego, when he met her. She may welcome going back. He may welcome playing for a West Coast team, where baseball is a pastime, instead of a religion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Think A Big One Is Coming, More Then These Two Teams Involved.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Get ready for years of Sox seasons where they are going to have to go with lower-grade free agents because none of the big names are going to want to come here, or want to play in the media circus of Boston. Everthing that was built up was shot down in less than a year.. Congratulations to LL, well done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Justin Upton was claimed today on Waivers within the last 10 minutes...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

this would be too good to be true.  The sox should fly Beckett to LA, first class tonight...with a $100 gift certificate to KFC and a case of Bud Light.

if they are interested in trading Gonzo make that a separate trade.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It will be hard to take when fast a-- Beckett is forced to get in shape and pitch well again for someone else.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It will be hard to take when fast a-- Beckett is forced to get in shape and pitch well again for someone else.  
    Posted by concord27

yup, save the who wants beckett back thread.  you'll see those who wanted him gone, complaining Boston never should have traded him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : yup, then you'll see those who wanted him gone, complaining Boston never should have traded him.
    Posted by J-BAY

I will not be one of them-EVER. He is a cancer on this franchised. With him gone that leaves LL and BC to be disposed of before progress can be made. I think that the Sox will pull him off the wire because they value his mediocrity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : I will not be one of them-EVER. He is a cancer on this franchised. With him gone that leaves LL and BC to be disposed of before progress can be made. I think that the Sox will pull him off the wire because they value his mediocrity.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

You think he is, pumpsie, unless you know more about Beckett than the rest of us. Otherwise its an opinion, assumption or media based, from the outside looking in. To be critical of his performance, is something else.

Sections
Shortcuts