Dodgers Claim Beckett....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett....

In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : If he declined a trade, he would never hear the end of it in this town. I think they would just release him before spring training. Also, they don't know who claimed him, but they are speculating it COULD BE the Dodgers.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I hardly think they would release him, and more than likely end up picking up most of his salary anyway.

Maybe he can get it back together somewhere else, but he should realize it's time to move on. He's going to get the money one way or another.

I admit that I was one of his defenders and hoped he could straighten himself out, but it doesn't look like it will be this season. Some folks were on his case long before his numbers justified it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : You think he is, pumpsie, unless you know more about Beckett than the rest of us. Otherwise its an opinion, assumption or media based, from the outside looking in.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

really JB????? you will be sad to see him go????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Salty Was Taking Grounders At 1st Base Today....Interesting.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : really JB????? you will be sad to see him go????
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Do you have any insider information you'd like to share, geo??  I don't know about sad, but I have already stated, I think he can still be effective, IF he realizes he needs to do more than he has in the past, regarding conditioning. That's my opinion geo, so save your insults for someone else, who doesn't agree with you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : You think he is, pumpsie, unless you know more about Beckett than the rest of us. Otherwise its an opinion, assumption or media based, from the outside looking in. To be critical of his performance, is something else.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Its not fact JBay..its my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : LOL as far as the 10-5 or a no trade being cancelled in a waiver deal, not positive but pretty sure they still hold
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Thanks Zac. I wasn't sure how waiver stuff worked...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]from the best Pete Abraham‏@PeteAbe If Dodgers take Beckett, Magic Johnson will be more popular in Boston than Larry Bird
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

I think the rest of it was:

All kidding aside, bigger parks, easier lineups to pitch to, etc. Not a bad hitter, either

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : Its not fact JBay..its my opinion.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]
    Do you have stats to back up your opinion about Beckett in the clubhouse?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : Its not fact JBay..its my opinion.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

fair enough, pumsie but other than the Boston media, who don't like him because he doesn't them, I've never read or heard any teammates or someone who actually knows him, say anything negative about him. Anyone??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smkelly. Show smkelly's posts

mlb trade tumors...

Red Sox, Dodgers Nearing Blockbuster

5:10pm: Dodgers minor leaguers in the trade talks have included Allen Webster, Zach Lee, Rubby De La Rosa, and Jerry Sands, tweets Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times.

5:06pm: The Red Sox would receive prospects and not just salary relief if the deal happens, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.

4:52pm: Boston would send some cash to Los Angeles if the sides complete a deal Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports reports. Morosi confirms that the sides are close to a trade (Twitter links).

4:34pm: The Red Sox and Dodgers are closing in on a trade that would send Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto to Los Angeles, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com reports (on Twitter). Hurdles remain, but the sides continue working toward a deal.

The Dodgers recently won the claiming rights to Gonzalez and Beckett. Gonzalez can't block a trade to Los Angeles, but Beckett must approve any assignment as a player with ten and five rights. Crawford and Punto cleared waivers earlier this month and can be traded without waiver-related restrictions.

The Dodgers have been willing to take on considerable salaries since their new ownership group gained control of the club at the beginning of the 2012 season. Adding the four Red Sox players would represent a substantial financial commitment:

• Gonzalez will earn $21MM per season through 2016 and obtain a raise to $21.5MM for 2017-18. The total exceeds $130MM when accounting for the remainder his 2012 salary.
    • Beckett will earn $15.75MM per season through 2014. As noted above, he must approve any trade.
    • Crawford will earn $20MM in 2013, $20.25MM in 2014, $20.5MM in 2015, $20.75MM in 2016 and $21MM in 2017. His contract allows him to block trades to two teams.
    • Punto earns $1.5MM per season through 2013.

The Dodgers claimed Cliff Lee on waivers earlier this month after trading for Shane Victorino, Hanley Ramirez, Joe Blanton and Brandon League. The Dodgers would have to place MLB players on waivers before trading them to Boston, which could complicate trade talks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Crawford, Beckett, AND Gonzalez? 

SERIOUSLY? 

Clearly Johnny Pesky is making a stop by Los Angeles on his way to his heavenly home. It's surely not possible LA would take on those three contracts!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Getting the vibe that Sox would have to eat some of those contract dollars to trade all three, but even then could be worth it. 

Best thing is they only have 48 hours to do this so it should go down quickly one way or the other.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers Claim Beckett.... : yup, save the who wants beckett back thread.  you'll see those who wanted him gone, complaining Boston never should have traded him.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    J , You know that some people can never be satisfied. If we went 161 -1  next year, some would be complaining about the one loss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

A dream scenario would unfold if we could trade these three contracts, then re-sign Ellsbury and watch softy go through a wild range of emotions before landing in his personal abyss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

BostonTroll Spanker, Which trolls do you spank? It seems to me that you only spank positive Red Sox fans. Why not modify your moniker?

Sections
Shortcuts