1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonza...

In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : have you lost your mind?????? beckett and crawford packaged for young arms and youre against it? have youve been in a coma this year???? the only way this deal makes sense for the Dodgers is if some photos of farm animals and midgets have ended up in ben's hands.....can you imagine anyone in LA that thinks getting Beckett and Crawford (Agon yes...) is worth 40 mil a year?????

what did I say in my last post to you, geo? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonza...

In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto:
    [QUOTE]Signing Elles to a Crawford'esque contract would e a mistake. I will miss AGon dearly. Crawford, well his salary and performance won't be missed. Beckett? Later g8tor.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

I'd look at Ellsbury for 4 years, but Bora** will not go for that. If not, might have to move him too, even though I'd hate to. I like him, but no way I give him 7/$142M or anything close to that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Gonzalez the Weasel....don't let the door hit you in your azz on the way out......see ya. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : I'd look at Ellsbury for 4 years, but Bora** will not go for that. If not, might have to move him too, even though I'd hate to. I like him, but no way I give him 7/$142M or anything close to that.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Bigger question, will he even want to stay or run for the nearest exit??

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : have you lost your mind?????? beckett and crawford packaged for young arms and youre against it? have youve been in a coma this year???? the only way this deal makes sense for the Dodgers is if some photos of farm animals and midgets have ended up in ben's hands.....can you imagine anyone in LA that thinks getting Beckett and Crawford (Agon yes...) is worth 40 mil a year????? what did I say in my last post to you, geo? 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

?????? refresh me buddy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa

In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa:
    [QUOTE]It's hard to imagine the Sox are sending 4 MLB players- some of them star players, for one MLB player and 4 AAAers.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

I agree plus they gave up Kelly and Rizzo to get AGon so the Sox lose all that for not one player that is a guaranteed to big a big time player... I get the salary dump stuff but if youre going to contend next year and the year after, youre going to have to spend a lot of money on free agents and then there goes your salary relief...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : I'd look at Ellsbury for 4 years, but Bora** will not go for that. If not, might have to move him too, even though I'd hate to. I like him, but no way I give him 7/$142M or anything close to that.

Wether is is his fault or another player crashing into him he simply has never been healthy. I would guess they will keep him for 2013 and see how he plays then (Elles).

It appears you really can blow up a high priced team after all.

If Beckett vetoes the trade the fans will tear down Fenway to get to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : Wether is is his fault or another player crashing into him he simply has never been healthy. I would guess they will keep him for 2013 and see how he plays then (Elles). It appears you really can blow up a high priced team after all. If Beckett vetoes the trade the fans will tear down Fenway to get to him.

You kidding? Beckett veto a trade out of Boston to the laid back west coast to a team in pennant contention? No way. He'd go tonight if they'd send him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : Wether is is his fault or another player crashing into him he simply has never been healthy. I would guess they will keep him for 2013 and see how he plays then (Elles). It appears you really can blow up a high priced team after all. If Beckett vetoes the trade the fans will tear down Fenway to get to him.

Beckett will welcome this deal...why wouldnt he? The Dodgers are a much better organization at this point...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I did not say he wouldn't, notice the "fans tear down Fenway" part of the remark? That was humor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa

In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa : I agree plus they gave up Kelly and Rizzo to get AGon so the Sox lose all that for not one player that is a guaranteed to big a big time player... I get the salary dump stuff but if youre going to contend next year and the year after, youre going to have to spend a lot of money on free agents and then there goes your salary relief...
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

This is not about next year or the year after. Its about 2015 or later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : Bigger question, will he even want to stay or run for the nearest exit??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He is not proving to be worthy of that kind of contract this year anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : You kidding? Beckett veto a trade out of Boston to the laid back west coast to a team in pennant contention? No way. He'd go tonight if they'd send him.

you'd think he'd be at UPS getting boxes, wouldnt you? Reportedly he hadnt approved the trade. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : you'd think he'd be at UPS getting boxes, wouldnt you? Reportedly he hadnt approved the trade. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

IF he doesn't approve the trade, I personally would look at it as him digging in. The question would be, is he doing it out of spite and stubborness, or out of an inner desire to prove to his detractors that he's in for the long haul and wants to prove everyone wrong by re-dedicating himself to winning HERE? I tend to say he'd go with the trade though if it goes through.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : You kidding? Beckett veto a trade out of Boston to the laid back west coast to a team in pennant contention? No way. He'd go tonight if they'd send him.

The fans would run him out of town next year. He will approve it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : IF he doesn't approve the trade, I personally would look at it as him digging in. The question would be, is he doing it out of spite and stubborness, or out of an inner desire to prove to his detractors that he's in for the long haul and wants to prove everyone wrong by re-dedicating himself to winning HERE? I tend to say he'd go with the trade though if it goes through.

His wife lived in San Diego when he met her. She may want to go back. I think if they don't want him, he wont want to stay here. Play on the WC where baseball is a pastime instead of a religion. I will say this, its sends a message to everyone else...perform or else. no one or contract is too big, not to be shipped out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : The fans would run him out of town next year. He will approve it.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

They've already run him out of town, on a rail. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

No better way to prove you are a better player to a city you are loathed in... go to another city and win them a WSC. You don't stay here and prove them wrong, as you likely will be killed in the process lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]The biggest problem as I see it, who will everyone B itch and moan about, if Beckett and Crawford are gone??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The ones complaining that they should be gone will complain that they were traded away. It's a salary dump plus prospects, & they will also complain that they didn't get MLB all-stars in return. 8-|

Gonzalez & Crawford are good players with good attitudes, & it's really a shame the starting pitching sux so bad that this had to be done. The trade is all on them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : They've already run him out of town, on a rail. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I think this will go down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I like it.  You have to get the negative energy out of town.

Bring on the youth - gives you flexibility to add players in off season

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

dump the fat cats

give kids a chance

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I like Gonzo, and I'm okay with Beckett and CC, though obviously overpaid and not a good fit, but as constructed, this is a fleecing.

I figure Gonzo alone is worth the prospects, though I'd like to have seen Lee.  But Beckett and CC for -0- should've required $30-40M.