1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonza...

Blowing it the F up. Loving it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonza...

Beckett & Crawford have to approve the deal. Knowing Beckett, he'd want to be enticed to do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto:
    In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : with the contracts and money involved, I would think MLB would have to, also
    Posted by J-BAY

Crawford doesn't have a choice; Beckett can.........10/5 rights - CC hasn't been here long enough and he has a  limited no trade that does not include the Dodgers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I like AGon too, but at his money we have to look at it like this: we might be able to get 75% of his production at 20-40% of the cost, or maybe Gomez or T Shaw or moving a blocked prospect to 1B (Lava, Bogaerts, Cecchini), could work out as well. The money saved could help us fill other high need areas.

Losing AGon will hurt, but if giving them AGon greatly reduces what we'd have to pay someone else to take CC, then in light of what I said above, I'm looking at this as a potential great deal for us, depending on what we pay towards CC and Beckett's deals. 

I'd just about give AGon, Beckett, CC, and Punto to LAD for a bag of balls if we didn't have to pay a cent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto:
    I like AGon too, but at his money we have to look at it like this: we might be able to get 75% of his production at 20-40% of the cost, or maybe Gomez or Swift or moving a blocked prospect to 1B (Lava, Bogaerts, Cecchini), could work out as well. The money saved could help us fill other high need areas. Losing AGon will hurt, but if giving them AGon greatly reduces what we'd have to pay someone else to take CC, then in light of what I said above, I'm looking at this as a potential great deal for us, depending on what we pay towards CC and Beckett's deals.  I'd just about give AGon, Beckett, CC, and Punto to LAD for a bag of balls if we didn't have to pay a cent.
    Posted by moonslav59

MOON - did you mean Shaw when you said Swft ? The l/h slugging first baseman  who's ML closer Jeff Shaw's son ?
    I like the flexibility and pitching options this trade will give us, depending upon the dollars . IF true that Sox only have to carry 10-12 of the 272 million it's great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Dodgers have agreed to send Allen Webster, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and Rubby De La Rosa for Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto : 

MOON - did you mean Shaw when you said Swft ? The l/h slugging first baseman  who's ML closer Jeff Shaw's son ? 

Yes, Thanks for pointing out my error. I went back and edited.

I like the flexibility and pitching options this trade will give us, depending upon the dollars . IF true that Sox only have to carry 10-12 of the 272 million it's great.
    Posted by jimedfred

I'd do the deal even if we payed $72-131M.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

If the rumored trade goes through, in what year will the Red Sox return to the postseason?

I don't see the Red Sox jumping head-first into the high end of the free agent market, so I can't imagine the Sox will field a more talented team in the next few years. The Sox can only hope that their top prospects will enjoy a success rate higher than the historical rates for similarly ranked prospects.

Allen Webster, Rubby de la Rosa, Jerry Sands and Ivan DeJesus are not sure-fire impact players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Crawford doesn't have a choice"

on Comcast tonight someone said that Crawford does have Dodgers in the no trade. 

There are clearly some obstacles to this going through but I'd be surprised if any of the three Sox players really protest this. They can be heroes in LA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

60 million dollars a year is beyond huge tho. Just Immagine, we lose Lackey in the off season, drop another 13, we'll be at 100 mil and ready to build... I like it. gunna miss Agon tho 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The Dodgers will reportedly pick up more than 95 percent of the salaries acquired from the Red Sox."

Source: #Dodgers would take on more than 95 percent of#RedSox salaries in blockbuster trade. bit.ly/LXiJpq

How is this even possible? I thought we were stuck with these deals for yeeeears. If this goes through it would be a borderline miracle. No other team in MLB would take these contracts off our hands

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Sean M on Crawford and no-trade: 

"Late Friday night, the deal was still pending the approval of Beckett -- who has 10-5 rights and can refuse any deal -- and Carl Crawford, whose limited no-trade clause includes the Dodgers.

A baseball source said neither was expected to hold up the deal."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If the rumored trade goes through, in what year will the Red Sox return to the postseason?

I don't see the Red Sox jumping head-first into the high end of the free agent market, so I can't imagine the Sox will field a more talented team in the next few years. 

Losing AGon will be hard to replace, but we could find a bridge player( decent 1Bmen are a dime a dozen) to Travis Shaw, Bogaerts, or Cecchini at 1B in 2014. Or, use Gomez or Lava/Papi at 1B next year.

The Sox can only hope that their top prospects will enjoy a success rate higher than the historical rates for similarly ranked prospects.

Some of these Sox prospects you seem to discount somewhat, will be much higher in next springs rankings.

Allen Webster, Rubby de la Rosa, Jerry Sands and Ivan DeJesus are not sure-fire impact players.

Sands hit 35 HRs in 2010, 29 in 2011 in less than 400 ABs, and 24 this year in just over 400 ABs.

I'm not high on Loney.

de la Rosa, I believe was claimed by the Jays, so he may be dealt to us this winter as a "wink-wink" deal.

Webster: 4. Allen Webster, RHP

BORN: Feb. 10, 1990
    EXPERIENCE: 4 seasons
    ACQUIRED: 2008 18th round, North Carolina HS
    2010-11 TOP 10 RANKING: 7th

Webster has surprisingly good stuff and it has seemingly gotten better and better as he gains more experience on the mound. The right-hander still shows inconsistent command but, when he’s on, he gets good sinking action on his fastball and can touch the mid-to-upper 90s. He also features a curveball, slider and changeup but some feel he’d be better off scraping one of his breaking balls to allow him to focus more on developing three pitches. Webster split the ’11 season between high-A and double-A and he’s been very durable over the past two seasons. He’ll likely return to double-A in ’12 but will likely see time in triple-A – and quite possibly the Majors. - Fangraphs

DeJesus: 14. Ivan De Jesus Jr., 2B/SS: Another son of a former big leaguer, De Jesus’ career was derailed by a nasty broken leg in 2009, which caused him to miss all but four games. He doesn’t run as well as he used to but the infielder has produced two solid seasons in triple-A since returning. De Jesus hit .328 recently in the Puerto Rico Winter League and has nothing left to prove in the minors. He should be a solid big league starter at second base. - Fangraphs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I'm not high on Loney."

No but I *think* he only has one more year on his contract? And his contract isn't huge moneywise....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

According to a tweet from Jon Heyman Carl Crawford has waived his no trade 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" You cant not love this song!!!!!"

I don't love it nor would I ever watch an ad in order to subject myself to it. :) 

But I will admit it's an expertly executed pop song. Now if only this trade will be the same. 

Thanks for the Heyman Tweet on Crawford, here it is: 

Carl Crawford has approved the trade to #dodgers. new details in story on http://CBSsports.com  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

According to a tweet from Jon Heyman Carl Crawford has waived his no trade 
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks

CC had an interesting no trade clause...

• no-trade protection:
      • Crawford may block deals to two clubs
      • if traded, club acquiring Crawford may not subsequently trade him to NY Yankees

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Haha. Its kind of an ironic Tag. Im twenty and the rest of the board is well, not so obviously you wouldn't like it.... Anyway Tweet #2 from old Jon, https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/239246426419388416  
    Beckett Approves trade. All thats left is the Physical 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" so obviously you wouldn't like it.."

Umm it's not a youth thing, at least for me, I'm on the lookout for fresh sounds. Just doesn't work for me, mustic is the most subjective thing on the planet. But I realize you are being a tad ironical so... :) 

Great news on Beckett....assuming Heyman is accurate, and I trust his reporting, it really does look like this might go...wow!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...anybody else hear that de la Rosa was claimed by Toronto, so a restructure is needed?

I wonder if LAD and BOS can agree (wink-wink) to a winter deal that brings de la Rosa for peanuts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

...anybody else hear that de la Rosa was claimed by Toronto, so a restructure is needed? I wonder if LAD and BOS can agree (wink-wink) to a winter deal that brings de la Rosa for peanuts.
    Posted by moonslav59

he will be player to be named later...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Black Friday....Sell-Out Saturday...Whatever day this trade becomes official will become a notorious day in Red Sox history...The Rubby Robbery???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Love it.  You were getting a bologna sandwich on stale bread for filet mignon prices.  This team was going nowhere as constructed.
    Posted by mthomas43

i love this post!! 
    can i use that :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

One thing is clear.  The FO may still want to get a new manager, but right now they firmly believe the biggest problem is with the players.  Beckett for sure, a malcontent who basically does what he wants.  AGon is absolutely not a problem, but he is the sweetener to make Beckett go down.  Crawford is I think a good guy with talent but who just might be out of place in Boston even though he looked good the past month.  Crawford's departure makes it possible to re-sign Ells even though he may still opt to leave.  That said, Youkilis, the player who maligned Ells publicly in 2010, and Francona, the manager who distinctly refuse to defend Ells in any way, are both gone.  The Sox are going to have to pay some of those salaries, but hopefully not too much.  First base is now going to be a big hole.  AGon was a gold glover, the team's must productive hitter, and a guy who played 160 games a year for like six seasons. The Sox haven't had anybody like that in a long time.   He was headed for 20 dingers this year, which would have been plenty for me given his high RISP average.  This trade underscores beyond a doubt how badly the Sox FO wants to dump Beckett. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

"Crawford's departure makes it possible to re-sign Ells even though he may still opt to leave.  That said, Youkilis, the player who maligned Ells publicly in 2010, and Francona, the manager who distinctly refuse to defend Ells in any way, are both gone.  "

my thoughts too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Haha. Its kind of an ironic Tag. Im twenty and the rest of the board is well, not so obviously you wouldn't like it.... Anyway Tweet #2 from old Jon,  https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/239246426419388416    Beckett Approves trade. All thats left is the Physical 
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks

i love the tweeet reply: they wouldnt take lacky?!

can you see retooling the players and malcontents and keeping lackey?
    id think thy should just pay him to go away.

also what are they planing with receiving a 2nd baseman?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

" so obviously you wouldn't like it.." Umm it's not a youth thing, at least for me, I'm on the lookout for fresh sounds. Just doesn't work for me, mustic is the most subjective thing on the planet. But I realize you are being a tad ironical so... :)  Great news on Beckett....assuming Heyman is accurate, and I trust his reporting, it really does look like this might go...wow!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

wow! is right!
    beckett better pass teh physical

Sections
Shortcuts