Dodgers intent (bent) on Destroying their Team for the next Seven Seasons....

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Dodgers intent (bent) on Destroying their Team for the next Seven Seasons....

If I were a MLB player, I would have been on the phone some time ago telling my agent to get me traded there.

The Dodgers have totally lost financial reality.  Of course, it's Hollywood so what else would you expect.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Dodgers intent (bent) on Destroying their Team for the next Seven Seasons....

If they really want to finish the job, they should hire Valentine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The pick-up the Dodgers should make is Stephen Drew. Put Hanley at 3 B, Drew SS, Ellis at 2B and AGon at first. That's a fairly solid defensive, veteran INF. Drew would probably relax at bat, go on a tear  and hit .260 with 10 dingers out of the 8 hole. He'd get some good pitches to hit. Maybe we could prt Punto away--no way--he's a solid contributor in LA. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think the OP is a little over the top.  I'm not a Dodgers fan, of course, but I definitely think they are one of the better franchises in MLB.  I love the name Dodgers and the fact they came from Brooklyn and for many years duked it out with the Yankees who had Dimaggio and then Mantle and even won the whole shebang in 1955 with Johnny Podres.  The move to the West Coast was the right move, as the subsequent arrivals of the Padres, Angels, Athletics, Giants, and Mariners have demonstrated.  I read that for at least the first decade at Chavez Ravine and probably much longer, they kept ticket prices low. 

They've fallen on hard times and are trying to rebuild quickly by making a splash. The Sox did something like that in 2011.   I just looked at their batting stats, and the simple fact is that their two most consistent hitters are, drumroll please, AGon and CC.  So that part has worked even though AGon's OPS is lower than the .900 or more it should be.  Kemp is a bust so far this year.    Punto's OPS is under .700.  Team scoring is near the bottom of the NL. 

On the other hand, they are only like 7 games out even though they are last in the AL West, so they could come back.  If Kemp gets hot and they can get over .500 and maybe up to .550, the fans might respond. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Good Plan!  I like it. I think the Red Sox would still continue to win with Iggy at short. It really is going to be about Clay and Lester and Lackey.

I'm not putting my playoff hopes on MBR playing 3B.  Even if Iggy slows down with the bat, he'll add good value with the glove.  I'd have to see MBR make some sort of contribution before just putting all my eggs in his basket.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

The Mets tried to make a "splash" more than once, and so have the Jays, Marlins, Rangers, and numerous other teams since FA went crazy. The Dodgers are making "multiple splashes" and have hamstrung their team to the max (no pun intended maxbial).... Either has already failed them, Crawford is getting more time off due to various pains, and Kemp is on the DL. Trust me, they have ruined there team for the foreseeable future.

Colletti has done a good job with the farm system, but He is Dayton Moore with more money.  Prospects are good, but has not done one thing on the pro level to improve the team.  Ever.  His entire MO appears to be signing and acquiring players whose values have peaked.  

I continue to be astounded by the Ethier signing.  A corner OF with ~ .800 OPS with decling K/W ratio, with poor splits, who will continue to decline over the next 5 years.  The league has plenty of these guys available.  You might have to pay a little, but $85M/5?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Kershaw is 25.  If the Dodgers are going to make any sort of long term signingm players like Kershaw should be their focus.

I am asuming they were aware of Kershaw's contract status when they inked Greinke last winter...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The Dodgers owners have tons upon tons of cash at their disposal and could care less about luxury taxes. Your only hamstrung if you cant afford it. They know the rules and could care less. They will add as much to the payroll as they want.

They are going to learn some hard lessons though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Kershaw is 25.  If the Dodgers are going to make any sort of long term signingm players like Kershaw should be their focus.

I am asuming they were aware of Kershaw's contract status when they inked Greinke last winter...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

I sgree.  The worse thing you can do is to refuse to make a good signing because you just made 18 bad moves in a row.  Each transaction stands on its own.  You can't have CC and Gonzo, good but not AS's, at $20M and $22M, and then decide a legit CY candidate is not worth $25M.

Same issue for the NYY.  Can't have okay players like Tex and ARod earning $23M and $25M (with all due respect to the posters that think Tex is the greatest player evah), and then get cheap with a legit AS like Cano.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Hope so !!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Both the Dodgers and Angels have been struggling.

But who cares about them?!?   LOL

Sections
Shortcuts