Dodgers Peaved! Sox add Salt to the wound :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Dodgers Peaved! Sox add Salt to the wound :)

Great night for Peavy!  Looked awesome!

Salty Vic tory :)

This loss will stick in their Craw!

Gonz baby Gonz!  Not so Fast, the Sox were Furious

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Dodgers Peaved! Sox add Salt to the wound :)

Sox avoid being run over by speeding Dodger!

"That was no Dodger!  That was a Punto;)"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Take a Nap!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Speaking of eats and seasonings, now Crawford can shut his pie hole.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Speaking of eats and seasonings, now Crawford can shut his pie hole.

LOL :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It's amazing how PEAVED Peavy gets on the mound, yet WE LOVE HIM!  We love him getting fired up!!!

Why is it so different with Lester????

I think it's because Lester fumes & pouts simultaneously, directing his anger toward the umps as opposed to being mad at himself, as with Peavy.

I love this guy!!!!

For the record.....  I love Lester also!  Just want to see him continue to direct that anger more constructively, as he has been doing as of late.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

It's amazing how PEAVED Peavy gets on the mound, yet WE LOVE HIM!  We love him getting fired up!!!

I think it's because Lester fumes & pouts simultaneously, directing his anger toward the umps as opposed to being mad at himself, as with Peavy.

I love this guy!!!!

For the record.....  I love Lester also!  Just want to see him continue to direct that anger more constructively, as he has been doing as of late.

I was trying to nail down the difference earlier this morning and this is exactly it. Peavy gets mad, adjusts, and moves on. Lester pouts and tries to act like a tough guy towards umps. Lester wants to beat the umps. Peavy wants to beat the other team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

[QUOTE]

I love this guy!!!!

I was trying to nail down the difference earlier this morning and this is exactly it. Peavy gets mad, adjusts, and moves on. Lester pouts and tries to act like a tough guy towards umps. Lester wants to beat the umps. Peavy wants to beat the other team.

[/QUOTE]

Do you think that Lester has been doing that recently?

I don't see it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

[QUOTE]

I love this guy!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Good take!  I think he perseverates on the umps, while Peavy perseverates on what he's doing wrong in not hitting his spots. 

Having said that, I think Lester is beginning to get it, and has certainly looked much better as of late. 

So many RS fans on this board were decrying our "lack of pitching?"

With Peavy, Lester, Lackey, Doubs, & a healthy Buch?????  I like our chances!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I love this guy!!!!

Lester is more reserved and has backed off of the complaining to the umps this year. I think they are noticing it too. Hes concentrating on taking care of business and not worrying about what he cant control. Its been a positive for him.

With Lester, Peavy and lackey all pitching like front line starters, adding Buchholz to the mix gives us one of the better/best 1-4 on any team IMHO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm reading in some articles that we were lucky to have avoided Kershaw & Greinke.

Heck, with Lester giving up 3 hits/1 run( final game score was 5 hits/2runs) and Peavy 3 hits/1 run and doing the same performance, we would have needed 3 runs and 2 runs to win both those games if Kershaw & Greinke had pitched. I am going to be hopefully very positive & look forward to our meeting those guys in the World Series !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

One of my favorite parts of last nights game was when Victorino was at the plate and Schilling says..

"This is going to be a challenging at bat for him."  literally smacks the next pitch out of the park.

Sections
Shortcuts