Dodgers will be unloading contracts and selling soon: Who Should the Red Sox trade for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Dodgers will be unloading contracts and selling soon: Who Should the Red Sox trade for?

I'd take Guerrier.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Dodgers will be unloading contracts and selling soon: Who Should the Red Sox trade for?

In Response to Re: Dodgers will be unloading contracts and selling soon: Who Should the Red Sox trade for?:
    [QUOTE]We better not let Ells or Lowrie go.  U guys want to dump Lowrie who is batting as good as any MLB short stop for the future of Iglesias who will be a gold glover, but never hit nearly as good as Lowrie? No way.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

No way is right.  It's nuts to even think of selling Ellsbury and Lowrie.  Jed is fast becoming a solid hitter, kills lefties, can play anywhere in the infield while Ells is a 300 hitter who can steal between 60-70 bases a year.  Iglesias is a terrific fielder but as all can see from his play at Pawtucket is right now a very weak hitter and shows no power or even any plate discipline.

As for Kemp, he has tremendous talent, power, speed, arm--but is a dumb as a rock.  He gets picked off too many times, is a poor base runner despite his speed, and might have trouble handling the critical Red Sox fans.  Besides, the Dodgers would be gutted for years if they lost Ethier or Kemp.  ML baseball most likely will demand they stay where they are, and it looks like McCourt is going to have the team stripped from him.  I live in So. Cal and you cannot imagine the damage this jerk and his former wife did to their team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Dealing Ells makes no sense since he is one of the main reasons why the Sox have recovered from their miserable start. I think they will extend Ellsbury since he is a great player. A lot better than Kalish. Kalish was struggling in Pawtucket before he got hurt. He also has very little power and left handed. They have enough left handed outfielders. 

Agon is the main reason the Red Sox have recovered from the miserable start, that and better pitching from Buch.

You are wrong, period. The Red Sox will not extend Ellsbury, who is the antithesis of "a great player". Kalish is a better defender, has a better arm, and Ellsbry has no power. Kalish is much cheaper and a better defender. They need to deal Ellsbury by this winter, promote Kalish, and trade for a solid young RH slugging OF'er. End of story.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Does this mean you are done telling the same tired story?

The End

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Does this mean you will stop talking about your fantasy that Tim Wastefield is a solid starter?

The end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

In Response to Re: Dodgers will be unloading contracts and selling soon: Who Should the Red Sox trade for?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers will be unloading contracts and selling soon: Who Should the Red Sox trade for? : Dealing Ells makes no sense since he is one of the main reasons why the Sox have recovered from their miserable start. I think they will extend Ellsbury since he is a great player. A lot better than Kalish. Kalish was struggling in Pawtucket before he got hurt. He also has very little power and left handed. They have enough left handed outfielders. 
    Posted by wvwc61[/QUOTE]

I think the RedSox will go as far as they can to retain Ells but Boras will make it impossible.  I honestly think he is gone at the end of his controlled years. This is just my opinion. We will see soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

let me get this straight SoxSoldRed - you want to trade our starting shortstop and starting center fielder for an outfielder?

how does that make any sense whatsoever?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I think he will be gone before the end of his control years. It's not nice to indict management because you claimed you asked for more MRI angled images, then return with your own Doc's blessing and last a few days. Getting moved out of CF was not sufficient to pout for a season. Unless I misread management and ownership, I think he's gone by next winter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]I think he will be gone before the end of his control years. It's not nice to indict management because you claimed you asked for more MRI angled images, then return with your own Doc's blessing and last a few days. Getting moved out of CF was not sufficient to pout for a season. Unless I misread management and ownership, I think he's gone by next winter
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]
    Softlaw misreading others? NEVER!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I will second seabeachfred on everything he says about the Dodgers and Kemp. You have to see Kemp play regularly to appreciate how much raw talent is being squandered. Nonetheless, the powers that be will pull every lever to keep him in Los Angeles.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I think the Sox should pass on Ethier in the unlikely event that he becomes available. For one thing, the Sox need a RHed bat for the outfield. For another, and perhaps even more to the point, though he's not a big brown dog on defense, he will make no one forget Drew, who runs to where the ball will fall, has a good arm, and plays the angles off the walls. Compared to rightfield in Boston, in LA it's literally a walk in the park.  Ethier might learn the quirks of that territory in Fenway fairly well but not, I think, at Drew's level.  
    I doubt that the Sox will stick just anyone out there just for his stick.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Kershaw and Kemp. We another LH Starter and Kemp would be a perfect fit for the expanse in RF.
    I'd love to have Eithier but with the plethora of LH hitters we already have, a RH bat is a necessity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers will be unloading contracts and selling soon: Who Should the Red Sox trade for? : What, Kemp's defense isn't good enough to keep him in CF past the age of 27?
    Posted by StatsFromLouie[/QUOTE]
    Kemp's defense isn't good enough to keep in CF now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I think he will be gone before the end of his control years. It's not nice to indict management because you claimed you asked for more MRI angled images, then return with your own Doc's blessing and last a few days. Getting moved out of CF was not sufficient to pout for a season. Unless I misread management and ownership, I think he's gone by next winter
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]
    Did Jake's 3-4 with two walks game yesterday really tick you off that bad? He's a good ballplayer, no need to trade him, speed don't die in the twenties.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfss. Show ccfss's posts

A recurring thread since at least this time last year only this time the league, not McCourt is running things.  I'm sure they would really not be concerned about unloading three or four Dodger players to the Sox for a case of "Gan in a can"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Sgtnull,

Since you lack basic reading comprehension, there isn't much you can get straight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

If only Ellsbury hit for more power.  Five home runs in the third week of May? Sheesh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I know, that puts him on a pace for 16. Isn't that just so terrible out of your leadoff spot? I mean gosh, if you don't have 25-30 home run power out of your leadoff you're just such a bad team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Jake out, Kemp in...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Reddick is a better overall baseball skillset than Bellsbury. With Kalish and Reddick, it would be great to ship Ellsbury and Boras contract seeking out in a package for Kemp. Kemp would fit in wonderfully, giving the Red Sox OF 4 players with good speed who are good enough to play any OF position.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]If only Ellsbury hit for more power.  Five home runs in the third week of May? Sheesh.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

Boras is drOOling for Jake to hit for POWER...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

Aren't you glad the McCourts failed in there attempt to buy the Red Sox when John Henry got them.

Sections
Shortcuts