Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?

In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : I don't bet, but this time I may be willing to make an exception.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] 

You mean that you don't mind losing money ? 

Steve, I got to go... see you tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : In the Clark Kent mold (but in reverse), it's an amazing coincidence how this poster (and a few others) reappear when Beni returns. To the Beni group; although anything can happen in a given season, it is quite possible, especially given recent developments, that you shall be enjoying 4th place or even worse this year.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]Ya think? Do you want in on the wager jessey, jete teilhardian and I have going?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : Ya think? Do you want in on the wager jessey, jete teilhardian and I have going?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

What is that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : What is that?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] If the Yanquis win the season series I have to take on an embarassing signature to be determined for the offseason. If the Sox win the season series you do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Well? You in or out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Sweet. Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : I'd still go with Aviles.  I'll bet you even money that the sox have a better WAR from SS than the yanks in 2012.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha. I've seen this guy play since he came up.

A leopard doesn't change his spots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]When this forum gets boring to the regulars and there is no pizzing contest, does anyone ever go over to the YES forum? How about the Riveraveblues Forum? If you love to respond to criticism of the Yankees then you should go over to those and do battle. Some unfortunate souls here love to debate those who attack the Yankees but there are always many more who do that on the Yankee forums, it sounds like a good challenge. It puzzles why these people come here to debate Yankee criticisms instead of going to forums with much more of that type of criticism. Give it a look. What in the world would motivate them to come here instead of debating fellow Yankee fans in Yankee forums? Strange behavior indeed.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

calzonesaysthis
    It seems to me I've read the same rhetoric from another poster but at the moment can't remember who.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If I was a believer I would say, "God bless this forum. everyone of us".

Those certain posters who love to create these threads to bust chops and those Yankee fans who fall right into it.

The reality is that the creator of these threads has had to eat crow for 3 straight years now. Not that NY has won it all, but they certainly have out performed. One year the OP may get it right.

Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : I'd still go with Aviles.  I'll bet you even money that the sox have a better WAR from SS than the yanks in 2012.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Fortget that metrics junk. Let me see Aviles lead Boston like Jete leads NY.

I can see it now - bottom of the 9th, you have a choice between Jeter and Aviles with the game on the line. Who are you sending to the plate to hit? Aviles - good luck with that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It would be great if the Yankees would miss the play-offs this season. It is the only x-mas present I ask for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know if Tim Wastefield is the oldest player in MLB history?
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]
    Are you aware of the search engine Google?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_Major_League_Baseball_players
    Wake was not the oldest by quite a few years. For crying out loud, have you ever heard of Jamie Moyer?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?:
    Does anyone know if Tim Wastefield is the oldest player in MLB history?
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Are you aware of the search engine Google?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_Major_League_Baseball_players
    Wake was not the oldest by quite a few years. For crying out loud, have you ever heard of Jamie Moyer?

mr. hanky is a 2 trick pony who now has an empty corral. Every thread he goes to, he steers toward Wake or VTek. He still thinks our 6/7th starter and back-up catcher were the main reasons we lost last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : Are you aware of the search engine Google? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_Major_League_Baseball_players Wake was not the oldest by quite a few years. For crying out loud, have you ever heard of Jamie Moyer?
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]LOL....compared to Moyer, Wakefield should be looking for a prom date...Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]My thread about the aging Yanks was deleted.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] you're welcome :-)............j/k Moon...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : LOL....compared to Moyer, Wakefield should be looking for a prom date...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Satchel Paige pitched for the Kansas City A's in a game in 1965; his "official" age was 59, but he could have been older than that. His pitching line that day (or at least as I remember it): 3 IP, 0R, 1 Hit.

The oldest player to ever get a hit in a game was Minnie Minoso (in the early 70s); he was 53 (once again, as best as I can recall)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : Satchel Paige pitched for the Kansas City A's in a game in 1965; his "official" age was 59, but he could have been older than that. His pitching line that day (or at least as I remember it): 3 IP, 0R, 1 Hit. The oldest player to ever get a hit in a game was Minnie Minoso (in the early 70s); he was 53 (once again, as best as I can recall)
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] good thing he wasn't a reliever, it would have taken him a half hour to get to the mound :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? :   You mean that you don't mind losing money ?  Steve, I got to go... see you tomorrow.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion, and it's in the minority; but I like your sp-nk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

On the cradle side:

The youngest player was P Joe Nuxhall; he was 15 (and got tatooed).

The youngest everyday players I believe were Mel Ott and Ed Kranepool; they were 17. Kranepool was overmatched, hitting .203 with 3 HRs in roughly half a season after breaking his high school HR record (set by Hank Greenberg). He did better after that.

The youngest player I can recall to win the HR Crown was Tony C.; he was 19. A probable HOFer if not for his infamous eye injury thanks to Jack Hamilton.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : In the Clark Kent mold (but in reverse), it's an amazing coincidence how this poster (and a few others) reappear when Beni returns. To the Beni group; although anything can happen in a given season, it is quite possible, especially given recent developments, that you shall be enjoying 4th place or even worse this year.

Absolutely right that anything can happen in a given season, that's why I find it laughable that people get so worked up about a season that hasn't even happened yet.  I'm not into saying the Sox will make the postseason or the Rays are better than the Sox or anything like that.  We have no idea how injuries will play a part in 2012, or if a clubhouse will devolve into chaos like the Sox in September, or if the Mayan apocalypse affects pitching performances.  I'm just looking forward to seeing how it all plays out and let the chips fall where they may.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know if Tim Wastefield is the oldest player in MLB history?
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know if Hanky is the biggest troll is Boston.com sports history is my question. 

Hetchinspete

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : Fortget that metrics junk. Let me see Aviles lead Boston like Jete leads NY. I can see it now - bottom of the 9th, you have a choice between Jeter and Aviles with the game on the line. Who are you sending to the plate to hit? Aviles - good luck with that.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I'll give Jeter the defensive edge too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : Satchel Paige pitched for the Kansas City A's in a game in 1965; his "official" age was 59, but he could have been older than that. His pitching line that day (or at least as I remember it): 3 IP, 0R, 1 Hit. The oldest player to ever get a hit in a game was Minnie Minoso (in the early 70s); he was 53 (once again, as best as I can recall)

That game was against the Red Sox, and that I remember was at Fenway. Chuck Finley, owner of the A's was a real showman so Satchell was given a rocking chair to sit in between innings. 

Hetchinspete 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

....Picking on the Yankees when the Chicken Lovah's haven't been to the playoff's in 2 seasons. Tisk, Tisk.

All the Pre-Season Power Rankings are coming out. Look away, Sockie Fans...Look away. Those "Old Guys" you obsess over are cracking the top 3 in the four I've already looked at....(I'll refrain from the "cracking open a beer can joke I so desperatly want to share)

Sections
Shortcuts