1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Does anyone care if players are on PEDs

Lance Armstrong says he will no longer fight USADA over accusations about PEDs and USADA says it will accept Lance's statement as an admission of guilt. 

That makes 2 in Baseball and 1 in cycling for the week, not to mention accusations about Derek Jeter.

Does anyone care if the players juice up?  I get concerned when the players has gotten freakishly big (Bonds) and I don't like the home run records being set by juicer.

But don't we all like it when a player has a bounce back year?  And when an aging player's batting average and slugging percentage starts to fall, aren't they met by dirision by players?

Didn't we all dump on JD Drew for the lack of production in the last 2 years of his contract, a situation that could have been remedied by PEDs.

I for one say let them do whatever they want to do.  It can't any more dangerous than the concussions suffered by football players and hockey players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Re: Does anyone care if players are on PEDs

I don't like that any players use them.  but MLB needs to come up with a way to test and determine who is using and who isn't.  they NEED to be testing blood and not just urine.  The only guys getting caught are the dumb ones.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

As long as it's against the CBA and considered cheating, I do. I would think the players who aren't, care too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Does anyone care if players are on PEDs:
    [QUOTE]Lance Armstrong says he will no longer fight USADA over accusations about PEDs and USADA says it will accept Lance's statement as an admission of guilt.  That makes 2 in Baseball and 1 in cycling for the week, not to mention accusations about Derek Jeter. Does anyone care if the players juice up?  I get concerned when the players has gotten freakishly big (Bonds) and I don't like the home run records being set by juicer. But don't we all like it when a player has a bounce back year?  And when an aging player's batting average and slugging percentage starts to fall, aren't they met by dirision by players? Didn't we all dump on JD Drew for the lack of production in the last 2 years of his contract, a situation that could have been remedied by PEDs. I for one say let them do whatever they want to do.  It can't any more dangerous than the concussions suffered by football players and hockey players.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Yes, actually I do care.

Stats and records are a big part of the game.
    It's a shame that some of the biggest records, like HRs, are tainted with cheaters.

As far as I'm concerned, Hank Aaron is still the HR king.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Baseball is a Stat sport.  it's been played relatively the same way for over a hundred years.  makes if fun to compare players of different eras.  steroids changed all that (and expanded teams to some extent - although the glaring and criminal lack of minority players in the first half of the 20th century makes up for that a bit).
    so...yes, i do care.
    and Lance is a DB for cheating all those years.  tainted trophies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

There must be players who use PEDs but they suck.  I don't care and I don't even want to know if they are using PEDs unless the users have impact. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I like records but at the same time, the records are bogus.  The home run record is the most bogus of all records.  All Baseball parks are different.  A Yankee who hits a lot of home runs over RF won't have as many home runs if they were a Red Sock.

Ted Williams's batting average record isn't over .400 if he played half his games in a park like Oakland County Colossium.

Plus they lowered the pitcher's mound in 69. 

I'd take PEDs if it mean I could make $50 million over 3 years and be cheered every night by 30,000 plus fans.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Baseball mirrors life. This country is loaded with liars , cheats , thieves,  lazy underachievers, etc.  It permeates virtually every walk of life in this country.  No improvement in sight.  A real shame.

Sections
Shortcuts