Does anyone else really hate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Does anyone else really hate

the Red Sox advertisements for tickets "Next year is looking brighter already"?I would say it's  deceptive advertising.

I don't know about anyone else,but the future for the 2013 Red Sox season doesn't give me much hope.I'll still watch and root for them though damnit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Does anyone else really hate

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

the Red Sox advertisements for tickets "Next year is looking brighter already"?I would say it's  deceptive advertising.

I don't know about anyone else,but the future for the 2013 Red Sox season doesn't give me much hope.I'll still watch and root for them though damnit.

our FA signings have been OK (hard to really judge without seeing any of them play for us yet) so far. but they really don't matter, we live and die with our existing stars. if jacoby, pedey, lester, buch return to form then we will compete. if they falter then we can look towards another 93 loss season. we still have the core of talent, the FA signings have all been role players and fillers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

IMO if anybody is enough of a sucker to buy tickets based on an ad like that, it's on them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

our FA signings have been OK (hard to really judge without seeing any of them play for us yet) so far. but they really don't matter, we live and die with our existing stars. if jacoby, pedey, lester, buch return to form then we will compete. if they falter then we can look towards another 93 loss season. we still have the core of talent, the FA signings have all been role players and fillers.

Well mef , that is the thing. With all the money freed up by the deal with the Dodgers , the F.A. signings should have been more than just role players and fillers. This is not an improved team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Well mef , that is the thing. With all the money freed up by the deal with the Dodgers , the F.A. signings should have been more than just role players and fillers. This is not an improved team.

can't sign whats not there. this is a WEAK FA class and next years doesn't look much better. we are filling the holes in our roster with guys on 2-3 year deals so they will be off the books by the time another strong FA class rolls around. pretty sound strategy to me

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:

[/QUOTE

Link to this deceptive advertising? Predicting how the Red Sox will do next year before they round out their roster seems to be premature by the FO as well as by a "doom and gloom" poster.

pike

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

can't sign whats not there. this is a WEAK FA class and next years doesn't look much better. we are filling the holes in our roster with guys on 2-3 year deals so they will be off the books by the time another strong FA class rolls around. pretty sound strategy to me

Might be a weak F.A. class, but Hamilton is one of the best all around players in the game. Greinke is one of the top righthanders. Sanchez may not be great , but certainly better than Dempster. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:

Is there a link to this "deceptive advertising"?

Look at the ads here on Boston.com

Or am I the only one seeing them?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Might be a weak F.A. class, but Hamilton is one of the best all around players in the game. Greinke is one of the top righthanders. Sanchez may not be great , but certainly better than Dempster. 

hamilton certainly has some question marks and with a reduced market of 3-5 years i wouldn't count the sox out just yet. i read today that our recent interest in him a increased very much.

grienke was due to get a HUGE payday which was unwarranted for someone who is not an ace. didn't want him anyway.

sanchez is overrated IMO and due to the weak FA class is going to be paid like a #1 when he is a #3 at best. at too many years also.

like i said, they didn't sign the best players out there. but we got stopgaps to our prospects and better FAs in the future. all while not bogging our payroll down with megacontracts for the better half of a decade.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Ok, now you're just looking for things to be upset about.

It's a commercial...  Geez..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here you go Pike:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/12/07/for-red-sox-things-are-looking/goius5Cnr3cnh4swCKy3EL/story.html

The ball club held “Christmas at Fenway” last weekend, Wally went to City Hall on Thursday, and the Sox’ new marketing theme is . . . “Next Year Is Looking Brighter Already.’’

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hate.  I hate racism.  I hate homophobia.  I hate abuse.  i hate genocide.  

My feelings for some stupid advertisment run from "I Could Care Less" to "Meh".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Here you go Pike:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/12/07/for-red-sox-things-are-looking/goius5Cnr3cnh4swCKy3EL/story.html

The ball club held “Christmas at Fenway” last weekend, Wally went to City Hall on Thursday, and the Sox’ new marketing theme is . . . “Next Year Is Looking Brighter Already.’’

The Red Sox could argue that the fact that Bobby V is no longer polluting the clubhouse as proof of things looking brighter.

The Sox could finish dead last again and I'll still look at it as an improvement, if I don't have to hear another interview from that dope.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Here you go Pike:

The Red Sox could argue that the fact that Bobby V is no longer polluting the clubhouse as proof of things looking brighter.

The Sox could finish dead last again and I'll still look at it as an improvement, if I don't have to hear another interview from that dope.

That's fair,I hadn't looked at it that way,but you're right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I suppose hate is too strong a word.I'm just frustrated right now with the offseason signings and the potential roster for next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I suppose hate is too strong a word.I'm just frustrated right now with the offseason signings and the potential roster for next year.

I hear you.  I actually like everything that has happened thus far except for this looming Dempster deal, which i ... hate ... hahaha.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Here you go Pike:

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well, look at all the phony advertising on T.V.

Bob's Furniture, Dunkin' Donuts, Geico.

Let's face it, you don't need advertising to tell you what you do need. You already know that. You need advretising to sell you what you DON'T need.

I mean, would anybody have ever bought a Chia Pet or a Snuggy if it wasn't for advertising?

They are going to try and convince you that this 2013 team is a contender. But, we know better, don't we?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

That, I agree with.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Frustrated isn't the word.

It's actually becoming laughable. What this front office is trying to pass off as an MLB contender.

John, Larry and Cherry.

It has a ring to it. Sounds like Moe, Larry and Curley.

Hope they keep these guys away from anything dangerous, like plumbing tools or pies.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Some more reasonable ad campaigns:

2013 RED SOX: YOU MAY RECOGNIZE OUR FREE AGENT SIGNEES FROM YOUR FANTASY LEAGUE WAIVER WIRE!

C'MON OUT AND MEET THE SLOP WE OVERPAID FOR-BUT DON'T WORRY CAUSE ALL THEIR CONTRACTS EXPIRE IN 3 YEARS (and then we will try something else)!

NO BRIDGE YEAR HERE-WE'RE SHOOTING FOR 75 WINS!

Sections
Shortcuts