DOES BECKETT COME UP BIG TONIGHT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

DOES BECKETT COME UP BIG TONIGHT?

Josh is 22-11 all time in September with an ERA of a little over 3.....always been a big moment pitcher. I say if he is healthy(a big if?).....then he shuts down the Rays tonight....leaving less pressure on Lester to put the dagger in them tomorrow. maybe the question i should have posed is Will he get any offensive support? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: DOES BECKETT COME UP BIG TONIGHT?

Yup.  Cow Face will be in full effect.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think the bigger question is whether the offense will get to Shields. I don't believe he has ever won at Fenway.

Beckett will be okay if his leg is okay, but I doubt you get more than 6.2 from him tonight. The BP needs to be big in the 7th and 8th.

Paps has been a lock his last 9 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hi jessy, glad to see you posting again. I got a good feeling that the gunslinger from texas is gonna come out 20 lb chip on his shoulder and pitch a great game. he knows the entire nation of the faithfull are depending on him and I think that he will do great. my problem is I hope that our starting 9 can get to shields early and get some run support for josh. either way, it's gutt check time for my redsox right now jessy.

GO SOX

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: DOES BECKETT COME UP BIG TONIGHT?:
    [QUOTE]I think the bigger question is whether the offense will get to Shields. I don't believe he has ever won at Fenway. Beckett will be okay if his leg is okay, but I doubt you get more than 6.2 from him tonight. The BP needs to be big in the 7th and 8th. Paps has been a lock his last 9 games.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Morning Jess, you beat me to it. I have little doubt Beckett will pitch a solid game tonight. But our guys are hitting .191 off Shields this year. He shut them out earlier in the year and in his last start gave up one run in 8 1/3.
    My guess is we'll need need Bard to move his head approximately three feet North.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey Hammah/Lloyd

I also think Beckett will pitch well tonight as long as the ankle is strong. Even a little hitch in the ankle can cause him to have control and velocity issues. And this could cause him to have a high pitch count earlier than one would hope. So that is why I think the Sox need to get to Shields early. His Fenway record is poor, so I think it is doable.

I believe Youk is sitting tonight and he needs to. He has nothing in the tank right now. And if called upon, Bard needs to return to midseason form.

Anyway, that is my take on this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think Beckett and Lester have to pitch shutouts to win,unfortunately this offense is lethargic at best. Youk will be sitting which isn't necessarilly a bad thing,maybe they play Connor Jackson at third? More likely they put Aviles in as Youk's replacement. Here's my key to the game if Scrubtaro commits an error the Sox lose! It's almost imperative that Beckett pitch as many inning as possible too avoid the pen!!! I'm having to watch this thing on Tampa feed because MLB has me blacked out on the NESN feed and too hear the rays announcers this is a done deal the Sox ain't making the playoffs!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think this Yankee fan knows thw Sox better than some in the Nation.

I mean that in the most respectful way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Good Call Jess....does Lester drive the dagger into the Rays tomorrow?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: DOES BECKETT COME UP BIG TONIGHT?:
    [QUOTE]Good Call Jess....does Lester drive the dagger into the Rays tomorrow?
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Since I always look for a NY/Boston ALCS - I hope so, but nothing can be taken for granted. I think this is a very important game as I really don't see Boston beating Price on Sunday with Wake on the mound. A win today buries the Rays, IMHO.

Sections
Shortcuts