Does Boston now have one of the best outfield in baseball?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Does Boston now have one of the best outfield in baseball?

I cannot remember a time where they had two players with + arms. Should be fun seeing them gun runners down.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Does Boston now have one of the best outfield in baseball?

They will have plenty of opportunity with this pitching staff

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to billge's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Exactly. I really hope we re-sign Lester this winter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

I THINK OUTFIELD ARMS ARE SO IMPORTANT, IF IT WAS MY SAY, WE WOULD NEVER HAVE AN OUTFIELDER

WITHOUT A + ARM!  LCOR R!

REBEL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

That may be true, but, at least now, when the opponents score 2 runs, the game may not be over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I remember a team with 3.  Yaz, Evans and Lynn

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

NO!

You cannot be serious with this redonkulous thread!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I remember a team with 3.  Yaz, Evans and Lynn

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

Nice - I was swimming around during that time so I did not get to see them play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

They haven't had an OF duo like Bradley and Cespedes since Dewey and Fred. 

Yaz wasn't a very good LF by the time Lynn came up in '75. But if you want to sub in Rick Miller I'll take it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Maybe Craig and Vic could combine for like 80 games. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Maybe Craig and Vic could combine for like 80 games. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

.245, 12HR, 46 RBI combined........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Very funny and true, the now sox bad pitching staff just may seal the deal for JBJ's gold glove.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah but you have three players WMB, Jackie Bradley Jr. And Beaggarts who cannot hit that you are depending on for next year. You also severely weakened the pitching staff by trading 3/5 of the starting rotation and you are going to be depending on rookies to pitch and we have all seen how that is working out this year. I like Allen, Kelly, and Cespedes but the guy they received for Miller is struggling in Double AA Ball with a 4.79 ERA. I am concerned with that. I thought they could have gotten better for a Miller with 4 teams interested.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Yeah but you have three players WMB, Jackie Bradley Jr. And Beaggarts who cannot hit that you are depending on for next year. You also severely weakened the pitching staff by trading 3/5 of the starting rotation and you are going to be depending on rookies to pitch and we have all seen how that is working out this year. I like Allen, Kelly, and Cespedes but the guy they received for Miller is struggling in Double AA Ball with a 4.79 ERA. I am concerned with that. I thought they could have gotten better for a Miller with 4 teams interested.

Well the red sox weren't concerned with that.  Have you seen him pitch??? hows his command? hows is velocity holding up? how does he do against righties? lefties? hows his mechanics look? does he repeat his delivery??

Are you a scout who can answer any of these questions???

Could he BUST??? yes but he's extremely young and BY NO means is development of a young player linear.  I've been following prospects and minor leaguers my whole life and you don't have to listen to me, you can go to the source and hear the industry consensus on this.  Progress is never linear.  I trust the Sox scouting staff (which is one of the best staffs in the league) know what they are doing better than me or you. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I still think Xander will turn out to be a hitter.  Not as good as scouts had him pegged to be but decent.  I think even back at short he will cause more than average errors but this is still where he belongs.  JBJ will be a .240 guy but his glove will continue to save runs.  Middy....who knows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I still think Xander will turn out to be a hitter.  Not as good as scouts had him pegged to be but decent.  I think even back at short he will cause more than average errors but this is still where he belongs.  JBJ will be a .240 guy but his glove will continue to save runs.  Middy....who knows.

I think those are fair and honest projections, but I do believe both their ceilings are higher than that. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

A companion thread to this should be:

Does Boston now have the worst pitching staff in baseball?

MAYBE we can sign Lester.  MAYBE we can sign someone else.  MAYBE one or more of our prospects will become #2 or #3 pitchers.  MAYBE this, MAYBE that, and MAYBE something else.

It's little consolation to have the best OF in baseball when we have the worst pitching staff.  

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to S5's comment:

MAYBE we can sign Lester.  MAYBE we can sign someone else.  MAYBE one or more of our prospects will become #2 or #3 pitchers.  MAYBE this, MAYBE that, and MAYBE something else.

It's little consolation to have the best OF in baseball when we have the worst pitching staff.  

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

So you think we have the worst pitching staff in baseball?

Lets check the team ERA's from this point forward. You will be wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

So Xander belongs at a position where he can not play well? Makes sense, and I'm sure the SOX pitchers will be thrilled.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

So Xander belongs at a position where he can not play well? Makes sense, and I'm sure the SOX pitchers will be thrilled.

You mean the AAA pitchers just trying to make a name for themselves???? I doubt they will be very vocal, and a ground ball that gets through isn't going to deter the professional scouts who watch them. 

There is also a long list of plus defending short stops who were awful their first year.  I'm not saying it's a safe bet Bogaerts follows that path, but he's young, athletic, and this is the perfect scenario for the Sox to find out.

So....it actually makes all the sense in the world to play him at SS right now. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

So you think we have the worst pitching staff in baseball?

Lets check the team ERA's from this point forward. You will be wrong.

Ecchhh..  You may be right.  But if a rotation of Buccholz, Kelly, Webster, RDLR, and Workman isn't the worst one in baseball I don't want to see the one that is!

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts