Does he stay or does he go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

Does he stay or does he go?

The definative poll.  Do you want BV back for another year?

I vote no.  Even though there was no chance he was going to succeed this year given the situation we came in to, there's no way he can succeed next year given the situation he's been working in.

(Can't we do polls anymore on this forum?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Does he stay or does he go?

The odds of Bobby Valentine managing the Red Sox next year are about the same as him coaching the Celtics or Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

does it matter? are we WS contenders next year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

does it matter? are we WS contenders next year?

[/QUOTE]

All depends on the off season.  There is certainly a nucleus that could compete for a World Series if they add the right pieces, fire the egomaniacal manager  (foregone conclusion) and don't get ravaged by injuries again.  Were the Orioles and A's World Series contenders heading into last off season?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

I hope he goes. I see a scenario where BV resigns officially to rejoin the network, but the Sox still pay him. That saves face for both organization and person. 

It interesting to see how the attitudes have changed. A year ago the cry was to replace a "soft" Francona who couldn't/wouldn't control the clubhouse with someone "tougher". So, we get BV who starts out tough criticizing Youk and that is deemed to start the downfall. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

He got to go.  Not because he is doing a horrible managing job, it is just he doesnt fit in Boston organization as well for the city of Boston.  

There is too much drama all season along.  Cant afford to continue doing it again next year!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

not the popular opinion but i think bobby v should get a 2year extension and be back next year.  back next year without an extension is.....dead duck....you know....lame duck.

btw - i dont care that my opinion doesnt agree with yours.  nor do i care if the players like or dont like him.  i think his in-game moves are fine and i personally enjoy the occasional "ima punch you in the face" comments from my manager.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Orioles are not title contenders for 2012. Making it into the playoffs does not make them a contender. A contender has the ability to win it all. The O's do not such ability. Dan "Duke" decision was the large part of the 2004 Red Sox and 2007 success. Tip of the cap with what he has done in working with Buck, this year.

The Red Sox status quo, will not be contenders in 2013. Firing Cherry should come before the decision on who manages in 2013. The GM is much more important than who the manager is. Bobby was actually better than Tito's 2011, given the state of the goldbrickers and losers he inherited. Long term, the Red Sox will need a new manager, but the first step must be to fire Cherry.

[/QUOTE]

Who is Dan "Duke" Decision?  and why is he a large part?

Valentine is gone.