Does interleague play favor the NL or the AL? Time to settle the matter.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Does interleague play favor the NL or the AL? Time to settle the matter.

In Response to Re: Does interleague play favor the NL or the AL? Time to settle the matter.:
    "Its baseball, the team that scores the most wins, pitching, hitting fielding all the same. Funny how you chastise Burrito for stating the obvious. You must be part of the elite team here on BDC! This place is now a joke because of people like you who think your opinion means more than others! Batters hit, pitchers pitch! Maybe someday Burrito and I can be part of the exclusive club along with Harnazz and Kim and you the appointed sheriff! Then again why bother."   promise4you Hi promise, well said.  There is no two way street with the Sherrif, they are allowed to pick on people and make cutting jokes so long as they don't get treated in kind.  Its quite the buddy system. Maybe they will take the high road on your comment as you are a respected and welcomed poster here, otherwise don't be shocked should they sling mud.
    Posted by BurritoT

That's nonsense. Promise says I attacked him because I called his "classiest poster" poll ridiculous to another poster (not even him). I told him that I would have said that no matter who started the thread. I also explained a history I've had that shows I never really liked those types of polls. I, honestly, believe it was the first conversation I had with him here. I don't know what he's talking about, unless he's talking for someone else, like his Yankee pal here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I would guess he just got fed up - it happens.  I prefer to call out the self anointed elite here; which does not include you, so long as you restrict your attacks to nhsteven Cool.

I've seen it time and time again - they can be ruthless as the people they accuse of being so detrimental to the health of the forum.... can anyone say "Private Group - FAILURE"?

This is is what it boils down to - they tried to divide the forum with the Private Group, and tried to squash the game thread with an Alternative to the Live Game Thread. It all failed and than they set out to purge the forum individual by individual.  

I can admit to being out of line at times, and I often apologize when I realize that I have gone too far... you will not get that from them. 

Its quite a story ... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Does interleague play favor the NL or the AL? Time to settle the matter.:
    I would guess he just got fed up - it happens.  I prefer to call out the self anointed elite here; which does not include you, so long as you restrict your attacks to nhsteven  . I've seen it time and time again - they can be ruthless as the people they accuse of being so detrimental to the health of the forum.... can anyone say "Private Group - FAILURE"? This is is what it boils down to - they tried to divide the forum with the Private Group, and tried to squash the game thread with an Alternative to the Live Game Thread. It all failed and than they set out to purge the forum individual by individual.   I can admit to being out of line at times, and I often apologize when I realize that I have gone too far... you will not get that from them.  Its quite a story ... 
    Posted by BurritoT

You are truly a fool. Various posters have tried to hammer the truth into your thick skull, but nothing enters. Not ever. You are so full of yourself it's nauseating.

The P. Forum was plagued with tech. issues from the beginning. BDC Dottie alluded to such on many occasions. To blame it's failure on decent baseball dialog shows how brain-dead and infantile you really are.

You are as wrong about it as you are about Promise, who's just having some fun.

Thick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Does interleague play favor the NL or the AL? Time to settle the matter. : You are truly a fool . Various posters have tried to hammer the truth into your thick skull, but nothing enters. Not ever. You are so full of yourself it's nauseating. The P. Forum was plagued with tech. issues from the beginning. BDC Dottie alluded to such on many occasions. To blame it's failure on decent baseball dialog shows how brain-dead and infantile you really are. You are as wrong about it as you are about Promise , who's just having some fun. Thick .
    Posted by harness

Well, if Promise was putting me on, than here's my response to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That's the Ted Williams pic Western Oregon used. Miss the old drill seargant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Does interleague play favor the NL or the AL? Time to settle the matter. : You are truly a fool . Various posters have tried to hammer the truth into your thick skull, but nothing enters. Not ever. You are so full of yourself it's nauseating. The P. Forum was plagued with tech. issues from the beginning. BDC Dottie alluded to such on many occasions. To blame it's failure on decent baseball dialog shows how brain-dead and infantile you really are. You are as wrong about it as you are about Promise , who's just having some fun. Thick .
    Posted by harness

You know, I don't appreciate Promise having some fun while throwing my name around -- especially when that "fun" may be in another place other than this board. And I'm tired of the references Yankee posters and their pals make here about conversations that have nothing to do with anything said here. Why don't they just stay where they're having all these "fun" conversations, and leave this board to Sox fans who are here to talk about the Sox?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

harness can't believe you believe yourself... must be painful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

harness can't believe you believe yourself... must be painful.
    Posted by BurritoT

It's painful to see you in complete denial. Not surprising, since you are completely foreign to the truth - about yourself or anyone else.

Keep a stiff upper lip little toddler- around that baby bottle you suck courage out of. Softy will soon return under yet another lame handle to comfort you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Why was he banned again?  And for what reason?  Surely you must have signed the ban order.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I really can't speak for promise, but his last two posts were about being upset with the forum... I certainly don't have any reason to believe he is not speaking his mind without any injection of humor.  

I believe his sincere thread about "Classiest Poster" earned him some unnecessary mocking and thus he was feeling insulted.  

I can't help it if he thinks the same thing about your little group that I and others do. Just goes to show you, 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Fool.
    You don't know Promise.
    Never underestimate his satirical wit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

i'd prefer it was wit... I don't want he or most others here to feel this way.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Let me try and get the thread back on track....Its easy..the NL.. The AL has to take a big bat out of the lineup when going to NL parks and pitchers have to swing a bat and run, something they dont regularly do and thus leading to injury (see Buchholz 2010 in SF)..The NL can add a better bat than the pitcher at AL parks..wheres the arguement?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I say it favors AAA teams. The entire minor leagues.
    College ball. Independent leagues.

Possibly little league, but Softy would know more about that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

At the end of the day, I believe it slightly favors the NL.  Yes the AL can build their rosters to include a guy who's main role is DH, but it's not like the NL doesn't have teams with good bench players.  When AL is @ NL, it's an even playing field except the NL pitchers are slightly better at hitting. If you net them out, slight edge to the NL.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

I think over the years the AL has a better head to head record

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

Let me try and get the thread back on track ....Its easy..the NL.. The AL has to take a big bat out of the lineup when going to NL parks and pitchers have to swing a bat and run, something they dont regularly do and thus leading to injury (see Buchholz 2010 in SF)..The NL can add a better bat than the pitcher at AL parks..wheres the arguement?

Posted by southpaw777

Because, as pointed out numerous times in this thread, the NL pitchers don't hit any better than their AL counterparts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Actually ive been told i am witless, no biggy. But i would take what I said as being half serious, there was no wit suggested, but humor was suggested. I normally do not take offense to what people say (As long as they dont attack the Sox players). Unfortunately, i cannot understand why some posters have to come on a thread and make negative comments about the thread content! If you don't like it , then grow up and make an inteligent decision to not read it, instead of commenting in a negative way! Obviously someone did not take the time on the thread I created to read why I started the thread to begin with, but that was her choice. Seems that someone makes comments about that thread hurting peoples feelings, yet lacks the thought power to think that maybe saying negative things about a thread may hurt someone else's feelings. Mine are not hurt if your wondering, im just pointing out that you cannot have it both ways just because you think you can.
    I enjoy reading comments and threads by almost everyone here, so I will stick to the reading and not the commenting anymore!
    Go Sox!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Actually ive been told i am witless, no biggy. But i would take what I said as being half serious, there was no wit suggested, but humor was suggested. I normally do not take offense to what people say (As long as they dont attack the Sox players). Unfortunately, i cannot understand why some posters have to come on a thread and make negative comments about the thread content! If you don't like it , then grow up and make an inteligent decision to not read it, instead of commenting in a negative way! Obviously someone did not take the time on the thread I created to read why I started the thread to begin with, but that was her choice. Seems that someone makes comments about that thread hurting peoples feelings, yet lacks the thought power to think that maybe saying negative things about a thread may hurt someone else's feelings. Mine are not hurt if your wondering, im just pointing out that you cannot have it both ways just because you think you can. I enjoy reading comments and threads by almost everyone here, so I will stick to the reading and not the commenting anymore! Go Sox!
    Posted by promise4you

That would be sad, Promise. Truly.
    Many here don't get Lloyd's humor either, but that's on them.
    Posters who post with a creative flair are unique and appreciated by more folks here than you think.

I always enjoy your stuff. You are honest and speak UR mind. The harsh truth is tough to swallow, but like that bad tasting medicine: it ends up working!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

This is a no brainer. As far as strategy of course it favors the NL. The AL pitcher never hits so he doesn't even really no how to bunt, plus one of their big bats(DH) is taken out. Plus in the AL park the NL can use one of thier best utility and bench players and their pitcher doesn't have to hit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Actually ive been told i am witless, no biggy. But i would take what I said as being half serious, there was no wit suggested, but humor was suggested. I normally do not take offense to what people say (As long as they dont attack the Sox players). Unfortunately, i cannot understand why some posters have to come on a thread and make negative comments about the thread content! If you don't like it , then grow up and make an inteligent decision to not read it, instead of commenting in a negative way! Obviously someone did not take the time on the thread I created to read why I started the thread to begin with, but that was her choice. Seems that someone makes comments about that thread hurting peoples feelings, yet lacks the thought power to think that maybe saying negative things about a thread may hurt someone else's feelings. Mine are not hurt if your wondering, im just pointing out that you cannot have it both ways just because you think you can. I enjoy reading comments and threads by almost everyone here, so I will stick to the reading and not the commenting anymore! Go Sox!
    Posted by promise4you

There were other people who didn't like the thread. You read it as "Kim didn't like my thread" for some reason. And why would you care so much anyway? Whatever. Tell Zac I said hi.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Again you are a fool. Nobody drives Promise away. He has more sand than you'll
    find on any beach. People make their own choices. They come here and leave for their own reasons.

Just as you didn't understand his ridiculing you for player bashing, you again miss the target. His biting satire is easily misunderstood. He simply doesn't wish to offend those who don't "get it".

To Promise: I caught you son's work (morning sports DJ). He's quite good. I can see why you're so proud of him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

uh yeah okay... its good to know that you have such in-depth information on posters personalities. I am sure you have charted it out... probably have a pie chart on all the members posted on your cellar wall. Loon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It doesn't take in-depth graphing to understand people, you dimwit.
    Try reading instead of skimming. Try taking the time to comprehend before replying. Try thinking before baiting.

You judged Promise on one post here.
    I put it in context with the tone of several of his other posts at other times.
    Hardly rocket science.

He loves the team and hates when others bash the players at will, as you do.
    Your Papi bashing last year was ridiculous.
    You have bashed Tek/Wake/Lackey at will this year.
    You never speak of their contributions.
    He was making fun of it, that's all.

Some posters actually support the team unconditionally.
    I realize this goes beyond your limited scope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes I get that... if you read his last 3 posts and got the concrete out of your head you would see it differently.  

And to use your favorite term I will simply call you a "liar". I have supported Wake more than most the past 3 seasons... and yes you can support Lackluster all you want, he is terrible. Tek I will admit I would have preferred released.

Why don't you be the bIgger poster and just shut up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes I get that... if you read his last 3 posts and got the concrete out of your head you would see it differently.   And to use your favorite term I will simply call you a "liar". I have supported Wake more than most the past 3 seasons... and yes you can support Lackluster all you want, he is terrible. Tek I will admit I would have preferred released. Why don't you be the bIgger poster and just shut up.
    Posted by BurritoT

His last three posts? Promise only made two posts on this thread, cement-head.

He duped you in is first one and admitted it in his last - that it was humor.
    You have bashed Wake this year, along with Lackey and Tek. All to suck up to your master-baiter. Last year you went after Papi relentlessly, until he made you the fool you are. You are a two-faced fabricator. That's a kind term for hypercritical liar.

Why don't you move/edit/delete yourself off this board.

Sections
Shortcuts