Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT

BECKETT$   !!!!!  After he gets chased early, will be on WAIVERS by Monday noon time !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT

The humidity has lifted.......  Great day/night for baseball in  N Y  !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT

Dear Valentine:

Please tell Beckett to pitch as if it is game 6 of the 2003 World Series. 

Thank you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT:
    Dear Valentine: Please tell Beckett to pitch as if it is game 6 of the 2003 World Series.  Thank you. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream
    Doesn't have it left !!!!  Done, cooked, counting his  $$$$$$$$$$  !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Bill, it's hard to say who will be more upset if Beckett throws a great game today -- you or Yankee fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Sounds like Bill is rooting for the Yankmees.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT:
    Sounds like Bill is rooting for the Yankmees.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

I'm sure that, at least today, he is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT:
     BECKETT$   !!!!!  After he gets chased early, will be on WAIVERS by Monday noon time !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

and that'll be the first step to the 2013 season. 
    This season was just not meant to be starting with their signings, injuries and horrible pitching coming from their best. All of the above when the season started.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Bill - where were you 2 and a half years ago when he was signed to the Extension?  I've been warning everyone this would happen since the get-go. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We'd have a better chance to trade him on waivers if he has a great game today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT:
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill: You remind me of the tooth fairy. Sadly,it aintagonna happen. Look at all the great innings he pitched this year. Honestly he make me sick.At least Lester and Buch have now put it together. Cook is cooked, but there is hope in Morales. The saddest thing of all is the ruination of Bard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT : Bill: You remind me of the tooth fairy. Sadly,it aintagonna happen. Look at all the great innings he pitched this year. Honestly he make me sick.At least Lester and Buch have now put it together. Cook is cooked, but there is hope in Morales. The saddest thing of all is the ruination of Bard.
    Posted by boboinfla

please do not lump Buck in w/ Lester....Lester can't compare to Buck.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

True, Buck is now our Ace.  Lester, well, we'll see ..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill, just curious, what gives you the faith in this ownership and management that they will be smart enough and gutsy enough to eat the money on Beckett's contract?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT : please do not lump Buck in w/ Lester....Lester can't compare to Buck.....
    Posted by andrewmitch

Yeah, when you come from the school of what have you done for me recently, you are correct, but career-wise:

Lester: 83-44  3.74  1.299
    Buchh: 46-27  3.77  1.330

This year, Buch had a 5.19 ERA just 5 starts ago and a 5.54 ERA just 6 starts ago. Lester is at 5.03 now.

So, basically this is about the last 5 starts.

2011-2012:
    Lester  4.17  1.30  (tERA 4.37/SIERA 3.64)
    Buchh  3.93  1.29  (tERA 4.65/SIERA 4.30)

I know Lester has struggled for nearly a full year now, but every pitcher goes through rough times from time to time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill - where were you 2 and a half years ago when he was signed to the Extension?  I've been warning everyone this would happen since the get-go. 
    Posted by andrewmitch
    Call in the MOD'S on this one, Check the instant replay........  I was dead against & all over this signing by THEO in the middle of the season !!  There was no need for it & it has become the $traw that has broke the back !!!!  And that MR. ANDREWMITCH has been where I stood from that faithful day !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

bill you are the worst fan i have seen on here....obviously beckett has been awful, but rooting for him to fail? thats low.
    Posted by BostonPride34

I didn't get that from Bill's post. I think he would love to see Beckett throw a gem and move the Rays to within four in the lost column. Bill is just being practical: Beckett stinks and there is no logical reason to expect that to stop tonite. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Does it get any better??? Stage set for rubber game, last game in a Red $ox uniform for FAT-CAT : I didn't get that from Bill's post. I think he would love to see Beckett throw a gem and move the Rays to within four in the lost column. Bill is just being practical: Beckett stinks and there is no logical reason to expect that to stop tonite. 
    Posted by pumpsie-green
    Thank You,  "let me be clear", I love my RED $OX.....   But there comes a time when the EYES tell you more than the HEART  !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Did they bring the FAT-CAT-BARRRRRRR$TAD back from  N Y  ?????????

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yes, he's been named team captain.
    Posted by 2004Idiots
    Money mouthMoney mouthLaughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Almost NOON TIME, is he still with the $ox ????????

Sections
Shortcuts