Does it make sense to sign this catcher?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Does it make sense to sign this catcher?

his hateful racist ways

Racism means a belief that one race is superior to another. Better at least make up specific quotes to support your use of race as a bugaboo. 

In fact, it's easy, you are a de facto racist by virtue of your captious "cant hit left handed pitching" comments about Ortiz and your absurd propaganda about the value in offering FA contracts to Varitek and Wakefield. Instead of juvenile characterizations about "if Ortiz walks", you need to encourage Varitek and Wakefield to walk. 

No, it makes no sense to resign Varitek. Since the team has stunk for years, no need to even fear the loss of magic, even pretending that it does exist.

Propaganda is always in the form of warning about the dangers of what someone else is saying. 

This is an adult audience, with a few children, Moonslob, I don't think they need your reeducation filters. Most will find that you have an agenda, which is always the case for those claiming to be above having an agenda.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Does it make sense to sign this catcher?:
    In Response to Re: Does it make sense to sign this catcher? : Moon, I enjoy coming to this site to talk all things baseball and never have I ever felt the need to expose another poster nor engage in fruitless debates...To each his own I guess. Nor do I try to keep straight all of the mulitple personalities of the members of this site...you must find some level of enjoyment bantering back and forth with softy or hankwilliams, myself I just ignore him as a rule. Becasue clearly he's role playing and doesn't reuly believe what he writes...Thus I never engage him in back and forth's...life's to short...
    Posted by Beantowne

Softy's the only poster I have ever put on "Iggy" after the absurdity level gets too high. I know I'm never going to change his mind or his hateful racist ways, but I do hope to try and stop his propaganda from poisoning the minds of other posters. I have seen many posters quote softy's lies and distortions enough to feel a need to set things right.

Letting lies and deception go unchecked is not usually a good idea in any aspect of life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon, I think Lav might be best suited at catcher next season because he will probably do as well or better than Salty and Tek as a whole.  If Papi walks I can't see us placing that kind of offensive pressure on Ryan for a couple of years at least. 

An excellent point. Filling Big Papi's shoes would be very stressful for any rookie. However, catching in MLB, especially Boston, is no easy task. It will take a lot of work, even if the pitches are called from the dugout. I think the stress of becomming a good catcher and learning how to in the bigs is tough. Doing it in Boston is frightening.The rigors of catching may also take its toll on his hitting, which could add even more pressure.

I really think the two top options for Lava are:
    1) DH 80-90% of the time and catch 10-15%.
    2) Catch 70-80% of the time in AAA.

What's good for Lava might not be whats best for the Sox in the short run, so we may see Lava catch more than on the big club than I feel he should.

Again, if Papi is here, Tek is 100% gone.

If we can sign Cuddyer and possibly a better RH OF bat off the bench to split time with Reddick or Kalish, Mike could easily be our DH and give us some/most of Papis offense back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Nice to see that, even with a stilted poll, 70% understand that Varitek is washed up and has zero credibility as a team leader.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How many votes did you enter, clown?

How many voters said catcher was our number one priority?
    I think it's 1 out of 103.

What will be your new moniker after VTek signs with a MLB team?

Rev. Jones?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Moonslob, see if you can add up this % of voters who passed on Varisuk.

3 Votes (3.3%)
    No, sign a 36 year old catcher for $5-7M and let our staff suffer.
    58 Votes (64.4%)
    No, let\'s go with Salty and Lava and pray they can handle the staff.
    3 Votes (3.3%)
    No, let\'s find another cheap option like FA Jose Molina who ranks 45th out of 54 in catcher OPS since 2008 (.063 below VTek).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If the cards buyout Yadier Molina it would be the best the sox could ever hope to acquire as a starting catcher.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Depends upon cost. I doubt Cards will buyout Molina after the solid way he played in 2011. Team leader by example. No chance the Cardinals do not pick up that 7M option for a player coming off a careeer year and who has solid overall career averages over full catcher skillset.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Racism means a belief that one race is superior to another. 

Yes, and you have shown your racism many many times. I can'y quote them anymore, because your posts are all gone due to countless bannings. You have bashed Indians, Jews, Good ole boys because of their race or religion, not because of their performance. You called me a racist for saying I'd offer Papi too little money, and now, you are suggesting we offer even less than I said. I'm waiting for you to now call yourself a racist using your own twisted criteria.

You are truely a clown... a despicable clown at that.

Sections
Shortcuts